Health and Wellness : The Big Fat Lie We’ve Been Fed About Our Diet

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Wellness,

Now a new book, based on eight years of dogged research, echoes what more and more experts have been saying: Animal-based fats, far from being dietary demons, are actually good for us – and by eating more carbohydrates instead, we’ve been wreaking havoc on our bodies in the mistaken belief we were doing some good.

The Big Fat Lie We’ve Been Fed About Our Diet

09272012_bacon_article_original.jpg

Be honest: That bacon, egg and cheese breakfast you scarfed down the other day was so delicious you’d love to have it for breakfast every morning. But like so many other health-conscious, weight-watching Americans, you just won’t allow yourself that indulgence. Instead, you opt for the usual low-fat, low-calorie and (oh-so-bland) oatmeal.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/big-fat-lie-ve-fed-162400980.html

Be honest: That bacon, egg and cheese breakfast you scarfed down the other day was so delicious you’d love to have it for breakfast every morning. But like so many other health-conscious, weight-watching Americans, you just won’t allow yourself that indulgence. Instead, you opt for the usual low-fat, low-calorie and (oh-so-bland) oatmeal.

Pancakes with butter and syrup and milk would go real good with that!

Hey Bro Clyde!
Ya know, I've been on this whole lifestyle change, and refuse to call it only a diet.
In early Feb, I was a victim of Gout and boy oh boy did that right there prompt me to change my eating habits!
I quickly did away with the basic foods and drinks that the preventative instructional pamphlet that the doc gives you.

What I also did away with sugars white rice, and pastas, like the saying goes if its white , don't bite lol.
by doing this I have lost 40 pounds so far but keep in mind I also walk 30 minutes per night and drink at least 140 ounces of water per day. I haven't been worrying too much about fats however would like to add that my caloric intake is a bit low for a man my size.

But yeah, breads, sugars, rice, starchy foods, pastas are scratched from my lifestyle change for now because I'd like to lose another 40 or 50lbs.

:running:

That's all good to hear Josef, keep up the good work, its all about our health and wellness ... we've got to finish the race.

On gout, did you try cherries? Works like a charm. I've never had gout, but have recommended cherries to my friends that have.

Hey Bro Clyde!
Ya know, I've been on this whole lifestyle change, and refuse to call it only a diet.
In early Feb, I was a victim of Gout and boy oh boy did that right there prompt me to change my eating habits!
I quickly did away with the basic foods and drinks that the preventative instructional pamphlet that the doc gives you.

What I also did away with sugars white rice, and pastas, like the saying goes if its white , don't bite lol.
by doing this I have lost 40 pounds so far but keep in mind I also walk 30 minutes per night and drink at least 140 ounces of water per day. I haven't been worrying too much about fats however would like to add that my caloric intake is a bit low for a man my size.

But yeah, breads, sugars, rice, starchy foods, pastas are scratched from my lifestyle change for now because I'd like to lose another 40 or 50lbs.

:running:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back