Black Spirituality Religion : The Bible

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by blazejay, Nov 20, 2014.

1. blazejay

blazejay Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +165
    This was created to just ask questions about it, no harm is intended.
    I am still a child when it come to this very book so please have patience and tolerance.
    My first question is why Christians need the bible?
    I understand some things in the bible, but why when they make a clear point about a subject it later is follow up with something that is contradictory to that point?
    My final and last question is do you think the events of the new testament were meant for our time or the time of the author?
    Please understand that I am not a atheist but I am a little agnostic; I just want to learn the truth so I can teach others the truth.

2. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736

The "Bible" is not one book, so one would have to be more specific about the claimed contradictions.

3. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    LOL @ "a little agnostic."

4. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    The IRS Hires Undercover Employees to Pose as Members of the Clergy

November 17, 2014

According to the Rev. Patrick J. Mahoney, Director of the Christian Defense Coalition, it’s frightening to hear the power that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) can have with regards to investigating organizations or people they believe deserve their interest.

[​IMG]

Mahoney was speaking about a recentNew York Timesfront-page story detailing that IRS rules allow their undercover employees to assume the identity of almost anyone in society, including an attorney, physician, a clergyman or a member of the news media.

The article continues that while most government agencies are given wide powers with regards to how they obtain their information, the IRS’ rules allow their undercover agents much more freedom than most federal agencies.

Mahoney went on to say that since this nation was founded on the principles of religious freedom and the First Amendment of the Constitution guarantees this freedom, it’s an outrage that the IRS can pose as members of the church.

“The church and faith community are now being faced with the reality that the government is sending IRS agents pretending to be members of the clergy into Christian meetings, gatherings and services for the distinct purpose of the government ‘spying’ on them,” said Mahoney. He continued, “Also, American citizens must confront the fact that when they share their concerns with a member of the clergy, they may be talking to an IRS agent.”

Sources:
    http://www.charismanews.com/us/46175-irs-agents-can-pose-as-clergy-to-spy-on-churches

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/16/us/more-federal-agencies-are-using-undercover-operations.html

Not sure what the surprise is as "Church and Religion" is Big Business.

This is why the "Bible" is still needed, and the ones that will attempt to utilize it for vain purposes would not be able to be judged according to the source they claim to be using.