Black Spirituality Religion : The Bible Wih Complexion: Blacks in the Bible

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
[This is intended as the first of a series of studies/discussions concerning ancient Black people and/or people of color who are mentioned in the Old Testament/Torah.

This initial post is concerning the most powerful Black man of antiquity, Nimrod.]

Every Christian from scholar, minister, to the laity have pontificated on the blackness and evilness of the Biblical Nimrod. He has been used to curse and brand a people and is the ideal for all corruption and power that had ever been unleashed upon the earth. His name is only rivaled by Adolph Hitler in the minds of modern man.
Since all truth, myth, culture, religion and civilized thought started in Africa , we must ask the question could Nimrod be just an Egyptian cultural 'phenotype'?
“Phenotype is just a scientific word for: function or behavior and the outward manifestation of a thing.”
There is no doubt that Nimrod was of African ancestry let’s settle that once and for all time. The Bible is a retranslated and condensed copy of all African religious, cultural and iconographical events. Biblically and extra-Biblically Nimrod was shone to be a black man.
Nimrod:
"In the Bible and in legend, Nimrod (Standard Hebrew נִמְרוֹד Nimrod, Tiberian Hebrew נִמְרֹד Nimrō), son of Cush, grandson of Ham, great-grandson of Noah, was a Mesopotamian monarch and "a mighty hunter before Yahweh". He is mentioned in the Table of Nations (Genesis 10), in the First Book of Chronicles, and in the Book of Micah. In the Bible he is an obscure figure; in later interpretations, as recorded by Josephus and the rabbis who compiled the Midrash, he is the subject of innumerable legends. The most prominent of these was the story that he built the Tower of Babel …According to Hebrew traditions, he was of Mizraim[ Egypt ] by his mother, but came from Cush son of Ham and expanded Asshur which he inherited. His name has become proverbial as that of a "mighty hunter".[1]
Here is the Rabbis Midrash version from the 6th century AD medieval version of a story of Nimrod and Abraham:
“(...) He [Abraham] was given over to Nimrod. [Nimrod] told him: Worship the Fire! Abraham said to him: Shall I then worship the water, which puts off the fire! Nimrod told him: Worship the water! [Abraham] said to him: If so, shall I worship the cloud, which carries the water? [Nimrod] told him: Worship the cloud! [Abraham] said to him: If so, shall I worship the wind, which scatters the clouds? [Nimrod] said to him: Worship the wind! [Abraham] said to him: And shall we worship the human, who withstands the wind? Said [Nimrod] to him: You pile words upon words, I bow to none but the fire - in it shall I throw you, and let the God to whom you bow come and save you from it!
Haran [Abraham's brother] was standing there. He said [to himself]: what shall I do? If Abraham wins, I shall say: "I am of Abraham's [followers]", if Nimrod wins I shall say "I am of Nimrod's [followers]". When Abraham went into the furnace and survived, Haran was asked: "Whose [follower] are you?" and he answered: "I am Abraham's!". [Then] they took him and threw him into the furnace, and his belly opened and he died and predeceased Terach, his father.”
A lot happened between the time of the Biblical Nimrod and Abraham and the 6th century Jewish Rabbi’s that dreamed up this scenario.
The name Nimrod has also become synonymous with a 'fool' as the American Heritage Dictionary says:

“The name Nimrod is either a hunter or a person regarded as silly or foolish.” Many people have tried to correlate Nimrod with all the initial evils, idolatry and ills in the world. Many have taught the whole world rebelled against God because of Nimrod's rebellion. His name, they say, means rebellion and it is said he was the first Idolater."
But, what accounts of Nimrod came first? Mighty Hunter, Fool, Rebel? History is written by the victors and to him goes the spoils.
Some Rabbinical scholars have identified Nimrod as part of the first of a family (Cush) and ignorantly cast him as the first Homosexual who was licentious and practiced bestiality. It is also said that Noah wife was of the offspring of Cain (another biblical sinner) who transferred all of those hateful characteristics to her son Ham [but not Shem and Japheth?] and from this evil hatred of God and disobedience to his word was transferred from the line that was considered African.
But is that so? In a word… Hell No!

http://essaysbyekowa.com/Nimrod.htm

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back