Black Spirituality Religion : The Bible was written Literally

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by oceolo, Jul 10, 2005.

1. oceolo

oceolo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    The Bible is a book. In order for a book to be understood completely it has to be read from front to back. Some people make the mistake of pulling out various words and sentences from the bible and in do so lose the proper context in which these words and sentences were written.

The bible was written literally but like countless other book has parables and symbolism which couldnt be understood if the bible was written metaphorically in its entirety.

You must pray to God and study the bible in order to have true understanding and wisdom. Peace

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,729
    while i respect your feeling, you are aware that some of us do not believe as you do?

3. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486

I agree, but your statement is incomplete

what we have LEFT today as the bible was written literally to keep us in bondage.........some of us have actually read the whole bible (or what you call the bible) from front to back & the books that were removed.

- while you place this on others plates it is more than apparant that YOU have never read the "BOOK" as you call it (& a book is just that, A BOOK) from your many biblically founded responses or a lack there of......

This is an emotional subject & I feel your pain, but we must "seek the truth" for "our people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge"............If we are all born in God's image and likeness, why would we need a book to re-connect to that God. Everything you need is inside of you! Stop looking for an outside force to save you & save yourself then you will get to know the true & living God better..............YOU!!!!!!

4. mystic1974

mystic1974 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you serious?

5. oceolo

Ratings:
    +15
    The day that you realize you are not a god-- will be the day you move closer to knowing the one true God.

6. oceolo

Ratings:
    +15
    As serious as a heart attack . Open your heart to God and you will know this truth also.Peace

7. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486

- Like I said, YOU HAVE NEVER READ THE BIBLE - or you could never make a statement like that................

so how can you remove the mote in your brothers eye, if you still have it in yours??????

telling all of us to seek the one true God is like not responding at all..........

8. EVE

EVE Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    what we have LEFT today as the bible was written literally to keep us in bondage.........some of us have actually read the whole bible (or what you call the bible) from front to back & the books that were removed

Example......If The Gospel of Thomas isn't in our Bible, and somebody picks it up 2000 years later and say it's a lost book of the Bible, then it's fair to ask "In what sense is it a lost book of the Bible?" It might be a lost book of antiquity, a great archaeological find, but a lost book of the Bible? No Way!
    seek the truth" for "our people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge"............Why do you quote from a Book you dont believe in or follow?That is a question I have always wanted to ask :)

9. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486

Peace Eve,

I have to quote the book 1) to show that I have read it and am qualified to speak about it and 2) the verses I quote are to show whomever I'm speaking too that either they have forgotten that verse, or they have never seen it...in the case of Oceolo, I would say the latter............or how could he just keep repeating the same thing over and over again.....

In regards to any lost gospels, you are correct......how can they be lost?? they are not, they have been purposely removed to advance the agenda of those who wanted to keep our minds in check......

are you aware sis, that 2 of the remaining gospel writers (not that they are the writers) never met or walked with Jesus, so why not include the gospels of those who knew Jesus...

10. oceolo

Ratings:
    +15
    You dont seem to have any understanding of what you read . You need to pray for wisdom and understanding of the bible otherwise you will continue to be lost.