Black Spirituality Religion : The Bible vs Black Liberation

A Campaign Pitch Rekindles the Question: Just What Is Liberation Theology?

By MARK OPPENHEIMER

Published: May 25, 2012

.....Dr. Cone, who teaches at Union Theological Seminary in New York, defines liberation theology as “an interpretation of the Christian gospel from the experience and perspectives and lives of people who are at the bottom in society — the lowest economic and racial groups.” ...... http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/26/u...questions-about-liberation-theology.html?_r=0

In addition, this excerpt taken from your above link source is very significant:

In 2008, conservatives gleefully attacked the Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr., Mr. Obama’s home pastor in Chicago, for his provocative remarks in sermons, taken out of context, including his assertion that 9/11 was evidence that “America’s chickens are coming home to roost.” They persuaded many that Mr. Wright was wielding something called “liberation theology” — and that Candidate Obama had to answer for it.

A Fiery Theology Under Fire

Published: May 4, 2008
Correction Appended
Black liberation theology was a radical movement born of a competitive time.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/04/weekinreview/04powell.html?_r=2&oref=slogin

In addition, this excerpt taken from your above link source is very significant:

In 2008, conservatives gleefully attacked the Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr., Mr. Obama’s home pastor in Chicago, for his provocative remarks in sermons, taken out of context, including his assertion that 9/11 was evidence that “America’s chickens are coming home to roost.” They persuaded many that Mr. Wright was wielding something called “liberation theology” — and that Candidate Obama had to answer for it.

A Fiery Theology Under Fire

Published: May 4, 2008
Correction Appended
Black liberation theology was a radical movement born of a competitive time.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/04/weekinreview/04powell.html?_r=2&oref=slogin

Was his church part of the 425 billion dollars that won't ever aid black people, that the black church collected??? Hhmmm?

Was his church part of the 425 billion dollars that won't ever aid black people, that the black church collected??? Hhmmm?

As far as I know, the church is counted as all others, but I'm not certain of the extent to which said church aided black people with the tithes and offerings collected.

As far as I know, the church is counted as all others, but I'm not certain of the extent to which said church aided black people with the tithes and offerings collected.

No no no Brother!!...425 BILLION dollars ain't no tithes or offerings...425 BILLION dollars is BLACK ECONOMIC LIBERATION!!!...Lets not play games with those numbers!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back