Black Spirituality Religion : The Bible vs. ANY other book!

Funny that you should ask this question, for it only means that there are obviously books that you haven't read and concepts that you've been thoroughly conditioned by. So far I've only read one book that supersedes what you just mentioned. It supersedes it not only because of the prophecies but because it sheds light on our existence BEFORE we were ever incarnated into these bodies, before there was an earth or any created elements. Before there was a Book of the Dead (Pert em Heru). Before there was a need for any commandments or anything else. Back when there was nothing but the Creator and the Angels.

WOW! You read a 'book', that sheds light BEFORE there were laws and commandments? God had laws BEFORE there was man! Tell me......what 'man' wrote this book of which you speak?

:popcorn1:

:bell: Round 2

Will get back with you on that....hopefully by tomorrow.

Point taken.

Because, I don't look for (to a greater extent think much about) prophecy, I myself, would have to research that. So honestly, I can't answer that question.

However, let me ask you: What are some prophesies that you regard where the christian bible is concerned?
To add onto Raptor's question. It'd be interesting to see some really nailed down non-vague ones. They should include precise dates and times with very specific predictions.
Will get back with you on that....hopefully by tomorrow also, along with answering the same for 'Rapture'. But I must ask....what will be convincing enough? What if I, or I should say God's word, does not provide precise dates and times? Will the events themselves be enough?

It needs to be better than the average horoscope. Horoscopes at least try to give you a time frame. Can I get a year or month? Can I get something that really nails down some details about what will/did come to pass?

Once again....this thread is about comparing the prophecies of the Bible to other books of men.

I did, I told you they were all just as flawed as yours. Are you aware that there are many religions that basically reads the same as the bible, and predates it? So it can't be original, now can it. Also the contradictory, and fairy tale nature of the bible show tell you something. The bedtime tale of Noah serves as the perfect object lesson. You can you words, but I will use math and physics to prove my point.

Peace!

You do know that Adam had another son after Cain and Able right? And that son had sons and daughters.
Cain's enemies AND wife came from the children of his brother, or niece, nephew, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th etc......cousins.

Cain's brother, Seth, lived over 900 years. Thats a long time to have children. That's a long time to populate the earth. And whenever any of the sons of Adam came upon Cain, they would see the sign that God put upon him.

Really...lets see:

[4:1] Now the man knew his wife Eve, and she conceived and bore Cain, saying, "I have produced a man with the help of the LORD."
[4:2] Next she bore his brother Abel. Now Abel was a keeper of sheep, and Cain a tiller of the ground.
[4:3] In the course of time Cain brought to the LORD an offering of the fruit of the ground,
[4:4] and Abel for his part brought of the firstlings of his flock, their fat portions. And the LORD had regard for Abel and his offering,
[4:5] but for Cain and his offering he had no regard. So Cain was very angry, and his countenance fell.
[4:6] The LORD said to Cain, "Why are you angry, and why has your countenance fallen?
[4:7] If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin is lurking at the door; its desire is for you, but you must master it."
[4:8] Cain said to his brother Abel, "Let us go out to the field." And when they were in the field, Cain rose up against his brother Abel, and killed him.
[4:9] Then the LORD said to Cain, "Where is your brother Abel?" He said, "I do not know; am I my brother's keeper?"

I'm sorry, but I don't see any of those third cousins, 2nd nephew once removed that you are talking about. I mean this is the bible, that is infallible. So I have to believe it over you.

Take my advice and leave the book of jubilees alone because it creates more problems than it solves. It was written to "fill in" the gaps in order to make the bible make sense.

And now to a more somber point.....it saddens me that some of God's predictions have come true for my people;

I predicted that Obama would win a second term, and he did. Anybody can make a prediction. Tell me, did he make any predictions that hasn't come true? Please don't say no.

"Because they have forsaken me, and have burned incense unto other gods, that they might provoke me to anger with all the works of their hands; therefore my wrath shall be kindled against this place, and shall not be quenched."

"The LORD shall bring thee, and thy king which thou shalt set over thee, unto a nation which neither thou nor thy fathers have known; and there shalt thou serve other gods, wood and stone."

"And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone."

Polytheism existed way before monotheism. Abraham started this "one god" notion which makes it man made. Just like all of the other religions that were started by man. Why do you have this need to prove god? I should tell you that you are doing yourself a disservice by doing so because for a god whose existence could be demonstrated wouldn’t be a god; he would just be another object in the field of human vision.

The thing that separate gods from barbarians depends on where you are at on the evolutionary ladder. A being that was less evolved would view us a god, would they not? I say that to say this, it is the same for us, so there are no gods, only more evolved beings.

Satan has really done a good job at fooling mankind! Afterall.....if he was able to convince 1/3rd of the angels to follow him, angels that KNOW the true and living God is real, just how hard could it be to convince mortal, flesh and blood beings that the words of God are not true?

There is no such person as Satan, or Lucifer, and there never was. Show me where it says Satan:

[3:1] Now the serpent was more crafty than any other wild animal that the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God say, 'You shall not eat from any tree in the garden'?"
[3:2] The woman said to the serpent, "We may eat of the fruit of the trees in the garden;
[3:3] but God said, 'You shall not eat of the fruit of the tree that is in the middle of the garden, nor shall you touch it, or you shall die. '"
[3:4] But the serpent said to the woman, "You will not die;

Tell me....when you see the temple in Jerusalem being built, sacrifices started, and a man placed in the newly built temple who will at somr point stop the sacrifices.....will you be able to turn to a book other than God's words that will be able to save you and your family?

How many people have turned to that same book, but have had their prayers unanswered. Christians play both sides, when something good happens, it's the lords will. When something bad happens, it's still the lords will. When god it put to the test, and he doesn't come through, you say that he shall not be tempted, but you take every opportunity to preach that he will come through, all you have to do is ask.

Save your words about the bible and all of the salvation that it has bruh...I ain't buying your brand anymore.

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back