Black Spirituality Religion : The Bible vs. ANY other book!

To add onto Raptor's question. It'd be interesting to see some really nailed down non-vague ones. They should include precise dates and times with very specific predictions.

Will get back with you on that....hopefully by tomorrow also, along with answering the same for 'Rapture'. But I must ask....what will be convincing enough? What if I, or I should say God's word, does not provide precise dates and times? Will the events themselves be enough?

Will get back with you on that....hopefully by tomorrow also, along with answering the same for 'Rapture'. But I must ask....what will be convincing enough? What if I, or I should say God's word, does not provide precise dates and times? Will the events themselves be enough?

It needs to be better than the average horoscope. Horoscopes at least try to give you a time frame. Can I get a year or month? Can I get something that really nails down some details about what will/did come to pass?

I see there are a lot of our people that have dismissed the teachings of the bible here on this forum. They have chosen to read other books for their knowledge, wisdom and understanding. They have even claimed that the bible was created from the writings of these other books.

But I have one question to those that do not believe the words contained in the bible are from the one and only true and living God;

"Do ANY of the books that you read give any accurate prophecies concerning world events as accurate as the bible?"

No, and neither does yours because it is just as flawed as the rest of them. I will gladly go to your side if you can explain to me the plural reference that show up in the book of genesis. For example, after Cain slew Able, this dialog took place between your god and Cain:
13 Cain said to the Lord, “My punishment is more than I can bear. 14 Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.”

15 But the Lord said to him, “Not so[e]; anyone who kills Cain will suffer vengeance seven times over.” Then the Lord put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him. 16 So Cain went out from the Lord’s presence and lived in the land of Nod,[f] east of Eden.

Why speak as if there are other people in the world? I won't even have you explain his wife.

Peace!

I see there are a lot of our people that have dismissed the teachings of the bible here on this forum. They have chosen to read other books for their knowledge, wisdom and understanding. They have even claimed that the bible was created from the writings of these other books.

But I have one question to those that do not believe the words contained in the bible are from the one and only true and living God;

"Do ANY of the books that you read give any accurate prophecies concerning world events as accurate as the bible?"

He is a passage from the story of Bel and the Dragon, which is Babylonian.

[27]
Then Daniel took pitch, fat, and hair, and boiled them together and made cakes, which he fed to the dragon. The dragon ate them, and burst open. And Daniel said, "See what you have been worshiping!"

[28]
When the Babylonians heard it, they were very indignant and conspired against the king, saying, "The king has become a Jew; he has destroyed Bel, and slain the dragon, and slaughtered the priests."

[29] Going to the king, they said, "Hand Daniel over to us, or else we will kill you and your household."
[30] The king saw that they were pressing him hard, and under compulsion he handed Daniel over to them.
[31]
They threw Daniel into the lions' den, and he was there for six days.

[32] There were seven lions in the den, and every day they had been given two human bodies and two sheep; but these were not given to them now, so that they might devour Daniel.

Now here is the bible's version of the same story.

13 Then they said to the king, “Daniel, who is one of the exiles from Judah, pays no attention to you, Your Majesty, or to the decree you put in writing. He still prays three times a day.” 14 When the king heard this, he was greatly distressed; he was determined to rescue Daniel and made every effort until sundown to save him.
15 Then the men went as a group to King Darius and said to him, “Remember, Your Majesty, that according to the law of the Medes and Persians no decree or edict that the king issues can be changed.”
16 So the king gave the order, and they brought Daniel and threw him into the lions’ den. The king said to Daniel, “May your God, whom you serve continually, rescue you!”
17 A stone was brought and placed over the mouth of the den, and the king sealed it with his own signet ring and with the rings of his nobles, so that Daniel’s situation might not be changed. 18 Then the king returned to his palace and spent the night without eating and without any entertainment being brought to him. And he could not sleep.

So I ask you, why did these "perfect" scribes disallow this book from the Babylonians, but turned around and claimed it as their own?

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back