Black Spirituality Religion : The bible is an incredible book

face palm so sad...my people my people...
Ecc 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
Ecc 12:14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Shalom Sista.

There is a whole series by Dr. Ray Hagins on this subject it is very powerful and liberating here I have shared what I feel are the most important please watch...

Peace Each1teach1,

Thanks for posting these videos.. I watched the entire series and it spurred several hours of supplemental reading and thinking around the timeline correlation between the commission to create a new bible (1600-06?), the release of King James's Bible (1611), The Spread of Colonialism.. (starting with settling of Jamestown in 1607) and The Slave Trade.. and also the rift between England and Rome over the hearts and minds of Brits and the financial tributes of explorers.. and poking around those questions has led me to the wonder about the connection between organized religion and the conquest of Africa.. so thanks for that...

I do have a suggestion though.. rather than use Mr. Hagins's theory as some sort of impromptu weapon of spiritual and intellectual destruction against the folks that you believe have been mislead, why not use it instead as a jump off point for a group research project?
This really isnt a spirtual topic.. its a cultural/historical topic.. and arguing it with people that attribute their entire spiritual experiences to Christ and Christianity is not only a waste of time.. its actually unnecessarily offensive/rude... in my opinion. Noone who has had a genuine spiritual awakening through Christianity, will entertain a single word you say.

Mr. Hagins poses some very good questions that , I believe, are worth exploring.. but we have to also note the degree to which he has built his own personal and professional esteem atop these ideas. We have to note how much he enjoys "telling it like it is".. we have to observe the emotional payoff he receives.. because time has taught me that if a persons esteem is tangled in a topic then it has to be taken with a huge grain of salt.. and that's not to say that he is not speaking the truth, or what he believes to be true, it just means that through our understanding of people, we realize that he has quite a few reasons to intentionally/unintentionally skew his own interpretation to fit his payoff..

Ask yourself: if Mr. Hagins came into contact today with information that shuttles his entire theory into the trash, would he disclose it? or would he rationalize it away? Of course, we have no way of knowing.. and thats the reason why we should take his contentions as neutral information and not beat eachother over the head with it just yet ... and not assign it as truth or fiction until we have done our own research and dragged that research through our own intellectual armament.. a process that can take days.. or years.. but certainly not minutes.. And even after we have come to our own conclusions the question then becomes, "what is the best way to communicate this information to the folks Im concerned about?".. do I drive by and shoot pamphlets at people as they walk down the street?.. or write a book about it?.. or start a ministry that excludes the deceptive parts?.. or do I walk around confronting born-again Christians with specific details?.. or what?.. If these are people I care about, I think it has to be done with care.. What I'd like to see Mr Hagins do.. is layout the parts of the Bible that he believes to be authentic.. and then, I'd like to see him juxtapose the particular character of the Black Christian personality against those writings.. and highlight what black Christians should be doing differently.. that would be constructive and instructive.. and it might just be convincing... anyway..

So, how about we take advantage of this internet thingy and research this together? Let every side present their own evidence.. links, sources, experiences, documents.. and turn this thing into a dialogue that we all can grow from in whatever direction our personal truths support.. how bout that?

Peace Each1teach1,

Thanks for posting these videos.. I watched the entire series and it spurred several hours of supplemental reading and thinking around the timeline correlation between the commission to create a new bible (1600-06?), the release of King James's Bible (1611), The Spread of Colonialism.. (starting with settling of Jamestown in 1607) and The Slave Trade.. and also the rift between England and Rome over the hearts and minds of Brits and the financial tributes of explorers.. and poking around those questions has led me to the wonder about the connection between organized religion and the conquest of Africa.. so thanks for that...

I do have a suggestion though.. rather than use Mr. Hagins's theory as some sort of impromptu weapon of spiritual and intellectual destruction against the folks that you believe have been mislead, why not use it instead as a jump off point for a group research project?
This really isnt a spirtual topic.. its a cultural/historical topic.. and arguing it with people that attribute their entire spiritual experiences to Christ and Christianity is not only a waste of time.. its actually unnecessarily offensive/rude... in my opinion. Noone who has had a genuine spiritual awakening through Christianity, will entertain a single word you say.

Mr. Hagins poses some very good questions that , I believe, are worth exploring.. but we have to also note the degree to which he has built his own personal and professional esteem atop these ideas. We have to note how much he enjoys "telling it like it is".. we have to observe the emotional payoff he receives.. because time has taught me that if a persons esteem is tangled in a topic then it has to be taken with a huge grain of salt.. and that's not to say that he is not speaking the truth, or what he believes to be true, it just means that through our understanding of people, we realize that he has quite a few reasons to intentionally/unintentionally skew his own interpretation to fit his payoff..

Ask yourself: if Mr. Hagins came into contact today with information that shuttles his entire theory into the trash, would he disclose it? or would he rationalize it away? Of course, we have no way of knowing.. and thats the reason why we should take his contentions as neutral information and not beat eachother over the head with it just yet ... and not assign it as truth or fiction until we have done our own research and dragged that research through our own intellectual armament.. a process that can take days.. or years.. but certainly not minutes.. And even after we have come to our own conclusions the question then becomes, "what is the best way to communicate this information to the folks Im concerned about?".. do I drive by and shoot pamphlets at people as they walk down the street?.. or write a book about it?.. or start a ministry that excludes the deceptive parts?.. or do I walk around confronting born-again Christians with specific details?.. or what?.. If these are people I care about, I think it has to be done with care.. What I'd like to see Mr Hagins do.. is layout the parts of the Bible that he believes to be authentic.. and then, I'd like to see him juxtapose the particular character of the Black Christian personality against those writings.. and highlight what black Christians should be doing differently.. that would be constructive and instructive.. and it might just be convincing... anyway..

So, how about we take advantage of this internet thingy and research this together? Let every side present their own evidence.. links, sources, experiences, documents.. and turn this thing into a dialogue that we all can grow from in whatever direction our personal truths support.. how bout that?

Thank you for that, this is where I was going thats why I posted so many links in the thread. Your point is well taken.

The bible is a collection of allegorical, mythical, science, and "historical" data that was gathered for a new spiritual movement sphere headed at the nicean counsel by a st augusta according to history. I agree that the bible is a great book and it serves those that use it as a reference for there spirituality well. My only contention is the way women are portrayed from eve, ruth, jezzebel, and the virgin mary. Women are the focus of all spirituality. Man is just a vessel designed to assist the woman. In my opinion the imbalance of this work and similar works like the bible are the reason we are not in balance. hetep

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back