Internet Technology : The best way to use social media is to act like a 19th-century Parisian

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:great:

The best way to use social media is to act like a 19th-century Parisian

...Yet in the virtual world, it seems people are always itching for a fight, exchanging barbs and insults on Twitter and Facebook and making much ado about topics they often know very little about. Resisting the pull of social media, and its constant pressure to take sides, is a good idea.

https://qz.com/1533143/the-best-way-to-use-social-media-is-to-act-like-a-19th-century-parisian/
ARMCHAIR DETECTIVE
By Ephrat Livni

The flaneur is a dedicated observer

ARMCHAIR DETECTIVE
The best way to use social media is to act like a 19th-century Parisian

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:facepalm:
#facetimebug

How a high school student 'stumbled upon' Apple's FaceTime bug and tried to report it

The 14-year-old student in Tucson, Arizona, called his friend Nathan using FaceTime on Jan. 19, but he wasn't answering. So Thompson swiped up on his iPhone to add another friend, Diego, to the call, a now-disabled feature in the app that -- to Thompson's surprise -- immediately connected him to Nathan even though he still hadn't picked up...

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/high-school-student-stumbled-upon-apples-facetime-bug-105003240--abc-news-topstories.html

MORGAN WINSOR
Good Morning America

PHOTO: Grant Thompson speaks to ABC News, Jan. 29, 2019. (ABC News)

Ndugu

Nov 18, 2016
That is true , but there are hardly any places online where Black intellectuals have any discourse, what soever! Even the youtube, "Intellectuals" wind up flame warring one another, rather then engage in intellectual discourse for the good of the community

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:five:

That is true , but there are hardly any places online where Black intellectuals have any discourse, what soever! Even the youtube, "Intellectuals" wind up flame warring one another, rather then engage in intellectual discourse for the good of the community

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

sekou kasimu wrote on willa's profile.
What exactly is your ideology?!
I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍