Chevron Dove : The Beginning of Soap Making--SYRIAN SOAP & The Oil Tree

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009
ALEPPO SOAP--Olive Oil

This would be the beginning of Castile Soap making. Aleppo, in Syria is one of the places where this history continues.

as32101_ger.jpg

Castile soaps are moisturizing and were considered a luxury item, favored by royalty. Unlike soaps made with animal fat, or tallow, true Castile soap is made with olive oil, which makes the soap very creamy. Originally, Castile soap was made with 100 percent olive oil. …
http://www.livestrong.com/article/127641-castile-soap-ingredients/

Early soap-makers in Europe did not have easy access to laurel oil and therefore dropped it from their formulations, thereby creating an olive-oil soap now known as Castile soap.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castile_soap

aws0050.d.png

THE BAY LEAF-- LAUREL OIL

220px-Lorbeerkranz_Zypern_rem.jpg

164096d5f38b517c867b756ef0475ec6.jpg

Symbolism [edit]
Europe

Bay laurel was used to fashion the laurel wreath of ancient Greece, a symbol of highest status. A wreath of bay laurels was given as the prize at the Pythian Games because the games were in honor of Apollo and the laurel was one of his symbols.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurus_nobilis

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Azacotogan Black Spirituality Religion : Beginning of a new cycle in Vodun Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Deep Breathing Might Have Benefits We're Only Beginning to Understand Black Health and Wellness 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : The Big Bang Wasn’t The Beginning, After All Science and Technology 1
ASHANTA Black Poetry : A Black Man Shall Rise the Beginning of the End Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Enki Black Poetry : In The Beginning Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
1poetsought Black Entertainment : In the Beginning Black Entertainment 0
Destee Support : Site Closing for Maintenance - Beginning 4/18/15 @ 9 pm ET Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 3
1poetsought Black Poetry : A New Beginning Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Destee Site News : Site Maintenance - Beginning 03/01/14 @ 12 am ET Announcements 20
HODEE Black People : After slavery and well in the beginning of the nineteenth century Black People Open Forum 2
Keita Kenyatta Black People : All the Pope's Secrets Are Beginning to Leak Out Black People Open Forum 2
Destee Support : Site Maintenance - Beginning @ 3 am ET - in da moan'n ... :) Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 8
Keita Kenyatta Black People : IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE BLACK RACE: Dr Barashango PART 2 Black People Open Forum 0
MS234 Black People : 2012 - The fall of the last psuedo-prophecy/2013 The New Beginning Black People Open Forum 8
ogun-makinde The Front Porch : A new beginning... The Front Porch 3
Destee Destee's Thoughts I'm Beginning to Enjoy Making Videos! Destee's Thoughts 15
Kamau47 Black People : This Is The Beginning of Something Else - Baby Attacked in Stroller Black People Open Forum 4
nevar Black Short Stories : Adventures of the Dark Knight.....Beginning of the King! Short Stories - Authors - Writing 5
nevar Black Short Stories : Adventures of the Dark Knight.....Beginning of the King! Short Stories - Authors - Writing 5
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Freeing The Mind Is The Beginning Of Life Chief Elder Osiris 0
ru2religious Black Spirituality Religion : R We Witnessing the Beginning ... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 5
Knowledge Seed Black People : The Beginning of Economic Self-Sufficiency Black People Open Forum 14
U Black Poetry : In The Beginning Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
Tariq Muhammad Black Relationships : The Beginning of Unity" Black Relationships 5
D Black Short Stories : a beginning? Short Stories - Authors - Writing 7
M Black Spirituality Religion : Melchizedek: No Beginning And No Ending Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 134
T Black People : Beginning of the End Black People Open Forum 0
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : New Beginning Loves Destiny Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
Aaliyahmonet Black Poetry : "A New Year: A New Beginning" Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
R Black Short Stories : Batta's beginning his story Short Stories - Authors - Writing 2
$$RICH$$ Quiet Poetry Lounge : LOVE's PHILOSOPHY...New beginning Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
emanuel goodman Black Spirituality Religion : In the beginning? nommos original author of genisis? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 17
howardtsu Black Poetry : Just the Beginning Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
howardtsu Black Poetry : From the Beginning Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
I Black Spirituality Religion : Thoughts: the beginning of a change. Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
$$RICH$$ Quiet Poetry Lounge : "OUR NEW BEGINNING" Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 16
A Black People : I,m beginning to understand more he reveals everyday... Black People Open Forum 0
P Africa : The Beginning of the End: MTV launches channel for Africa! All Things Africa 5
$$RICH$$ Black People : APARTMENT 244B (The Beginning) Black People Open Forum 21
T Black Poetry : Curse Words (the beginning) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
watzinaname Black Poetry : Only the Beginning of a Mother's Love Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
blakverb Black Poetry : The beginning haiku Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
ASHANTA Black Poetry : In The Beginning Word Was Law Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
MzBlkAngel Quiet Poetry Lounge : last one and only beginning Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
A Black Poetry : In the beginning **WAS AFRIKA** Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
ASHANTA Black Poetry : In The Beginning, What Is Man? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
I Pan-Africanism : 5 Step Program for Beginning Pan-Africans and Afrocentrists Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 9
ASHANTA Black Poetry : In The Beginning Word Was Law Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
T Black Poetry : my beginning, my end... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Bishop Poet of the Week : Beginning Monday...New Poet of the Week Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1