Black Spirituality Religion : The Beauty of Being on The EDGE!

Tha-Emissary

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 30, 2005
In Tha Bottom! Deeeep South
Occupation
Painter
I’ve probably told some of you that I have these wonderful revelations about great ways to squeeze a greater life out of this tube we call a body. However, I don’t go running and telling that to everybody because people would start thinking that I smoke that stuff. You know crank that yank! So let’s just say that I have revelations turned inspirations. Besides what’s a revelation if it has no chance of realization or paints out a greater destination for your life. Many people say we’re living in hard times right now and I’d agree that we are living on The Edge everyday with things being funked up as they are by those Bush Baked Beans. Times are truly tougher than burnt old meat on the George Foreman with so many people on the edge of losing their jobs, homes, retirements and even their Hope. Unfortunately this down spiraling situation has put many good brothers and sister on the dangerous edge of committing suicide and just giving up entirely. But before we get all carried away with everything going down the crapper and we wave our flags screaming there’s no hope for tomorrow where we can ‘t even say, “Sa Da Tay everything is gonna be Okay “ like Pootie Tang. I’d like to share with you the hidden beauty of the edge. The Edge itself is an intriguing point. Many times when you think of an edge most people come to think of standing out on the edge of a cliff. I personally believe the edge is a spiritual battleground for God and the Devil. It’s a place of great decent or a great opportunity for ascension. But to show you what the heck I’m talking about I’m going to need you to see it for yourself first. Some things are just to deep to capture with words so we need action to spice things up. If you have a free moment of time today in the wonderfully plenty 24 hours that God has blessed you with I’d like you to find a true physical representation of an edge. I’m hoping that most of you picked your front door step or some point with a drop off. Next I want you to take ten steps back and try running to the edge and stopping right on a dime right at the edge just before you bust your behind. Now I need you to think about everything you just did. Think about what your body did. I can almost predict with a 95% probability that when you reached your edge and tried to stop the first thing you did was look down. Hmmm do you ever wonder why we do that? Perhaps its instinct but if were talking about the edge being a spiritual point then something wanted you to stop and look all the way down before you look up. Now take a moment to remember every time you’ve came close to an edge or were on the top of a roller coaster at its pinnacle about make its death defying drop and what you said the instant you looked down. I’m sure most of you said, “Whew that’s a long ways down” and felt some fear filling up the pits of your stomach. Almost a few and very few stand at the edge and transform their thoughts to say look how high I am. Now there definitely couldn’t be a better way to stop a person if you can make them act this manner and I’m sure that’s just what the Devil had in mind when people are hanging on the edge. He intentionally wants us to feel complete and utter fear to stop us right in our tracks to make us believe there’s No Escape! Okay that’s enough of that and now that we know that we can fall from the edge now its time for us to discover the beauty of the edge. The part that old Slu Foot doesn’t want you to see. So lets run em a throwback and go back to what I told you to do earlier. This time take fifteen more steps back from the edge you found. Now Run like your *** is on fire as my pee wee football coach use to say and try to stop right on the dime at the tip of the edge again. Now notice what else your body does. Did you catch it folks? This one is if you don’t look close but its okay if you missed the magic because I’ll break it down like James Brown for you. The second as well as the first time you tried to stop on the tip of your toes at the edge you should have slightly moved your arms up and down in an amazing motion very similar to that of a bird about to take flight. My belief is that this is God’s symbolic way of telling us not to try to keep our balance when were on the edge. Instead this is our escape plan where he wants us to hold on tight to our faith and believe in him and believe in ourselves. The simple up and down motion of our arms is unmistakable evidence that we can fly to where ever we want over what ever we want. This friends is the beauty being on the edge! The idea that you don’t have to take the fall from the edge and you can be assured that there is always hope because God can turn the edge into the edge you need. All we have to do is apply it. Just let go of the edge. Flap our faith and our arms harder so the edge slowly begins to disappear. Transforming into a runway. After that all that’s left to do is to be fearless and run until we want to fly like an eagle to the sea. Fly, Fly, Fly into the future!” as the song so beautifully put it. So I hope these words will grow you wings in the hard days ahead and I leave you with the uplifting words of our first black president to be. “YES WE CAN FLY!”

Thanks for Your Attention Ladies and Gentlemen and Brothers and Sisters! This has been another Seasoned Thought of Inspiration to precipitate motivation to reach up for a greater destination! Please believe it and continue to go Higher & Higher!

“Welcome To A New Era of Change!”​

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Orignality!

The Beauty of Being on The EDGE!

I’ve probably told some of you that I have these wonderful revelations about great ways to squeeze a greater life out of this tube we call a body. However, I don’t go running and telling that to everybody because people would start thinking that I smoke that stuff. You know crank that yank! So let’s just say that I have revelations turned inspirations. Besides what’s a revelation if it has no chance of realization or paints out a greater destination for your life. Many people say we’re living in hard times right now and I’d agree that we are living on The Edge everyday with things being funked up as they are by those Bush Baked Beans. Times are truly tougher than burnt old meat on the George Foreman with so many people on the edge of losing their jobs, homes, retirements and even their Hope. Unfortunately this down spiraling situation has put many good brothers and sister on the dangerous edge of committing suicide and just giving up entirely. But before we get all carried away with everything going down the crapper and we wave our flags screaming there’s no hope for tomorrow where we can ‘t even say, “Sa Da Tay everything is gonna be Okay “ like Pootie Tang. I’d like to share with you the hidden beauty of the edge. The Edge itself is an intriguing point. Many times when you think of an edge most people come to think of standing out on the edge of a cliff. I personally believe the edge is a spiritual battleground for God and the Devil. It’s a place of great decent or a great opportunity for ascension. But to show you what the heck I’m talking about I’m going to need you to see it for yourself first. Some things are just to deep to capture with words so we need action to spice things up. If you have a free moment of time today in the wonderfully plenty 24 hours that God has blessed you with I’d like you to find a true physical representation of an edge. I’m hoping that most of you picked your front door step or some point with a drop off. Next I want you to take ten steps back and try running to the edge and stopping right on a dime right at the edge just before you bust your behind. Now I need you to think about everything you just did. Think about what your body did. I can almost predict with a 95% probability that when you reached your edge and tried to stop the first thing you did was look down. Hmmm do you ever wonder why we do that? Perhaps its instinct but if were talking about the edge being a spiritual point then something wanted you to stop and look all the way down before you look up. Now take a moment to remember every time you’ve came close to an edge or were on the top of a roller coaster at its pinnacle about make its death defying drop and what you said the instant you looked down. I’m sure most of you said, “Whew that’s a long ways down” and felt some fear filling up the pits of your stomach. Almost a few and very few stand at the edge and transform their thoughts to say look how high I am. Now there definitely couldn’t be a better way to stop a person if you can make them act this manner and I’m sure that’s just what the Devil had in mind when people are hanging on the edge. He intentionally wants us to feel complete and utter fear to stop us right in our tracks to make us believe there’s No Escape! Okay that’s enough of that and now that we know that we can fall from the edge now its time for us to discover the beauty of the edge. The part that old Slu Foot doesn’t want you to see. So lets run em a throwback and go back to what I told you to do earlier. This time take fifteen more steps back from the edge you found. Now Run like your *** is on fire as my pee wee football coach use to say and try to stop right on the dime at the tip of the edge again. Now notice what else your body does. Did you catch it folks? This one is if you don’t look close but its okay if you missed the magic because I’ll break it down like James Brown for you. The second as well as the first time you tried to stop on the tip of your toes at the edge you should have slightly moved your arms up and down in an amazing motion very similar to that of a bird about to take flight. My belief is that this is God’s symbolic way of telling us not to try to keep our balance when were on the edge. Instead this is our escape plan where he wants us to hold on tight to our faith and believe in him and believe in ourselves. The simple up and down motion of our arms is unmistakable evidence that we can fly to where ever we want over what ever we want. This friends is the beauty being on the edge! The idea that you don’t have to take the fall from the edge and you can be assured that there is always hope because God can turn the edge into the edge you need. All we have to do is apply it. Just let go of the edge. Flap our faith and our arms harder so the edge slowly begins to disappear. Transforming into a runway. After that all that’s left to do is to be fearless and run until we want to fly like an eagle to the sea. Fly, Fly, Fly into the future!” as the song so beautifully put it. So I hope these words will grow you wings in the hard days ahead and I leave you with the uplifting words of our first black president to be. “YES WE CAN FLY!”

Thanks for Your Attention Ladies and Gentlemen and Brothers and Sisters! This has been another Seasoned Thought of Inspiration to precipitate motivation to reach up for a greater destination! Please believe it and continue to go Higher & Higher!

“Welcome To A New Era of Change!”​

Beautiful Brother,Tha-Emissary:
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Profoundly Deep and Real..Thank You, Tha-Emissary!

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Hope you didn't bust that shacky! I'm refering to the "Bump" but I'm pretty sure you flew like an Eagle. Anyways preciate the feedback and I'll definitely be looking up some of your post. Take care & Have a Great Holidays!

Tha-Emissary,

You are quite welcome Brother. On the bump, its a way to bring the thread back up:), so to speak. However, I have been cautioned not to bump, and I will stop bumping threads. Just thought I would explain a little. Again, I certainly love what you have written, and hope many others will get to read it(the bump:)).

About reading my posts, in this same forum is the Color of the Cross thread, there you will find plenty:), thanks my Friend and happy holidays.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back