Black People : The Basics

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Bootzey, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +863
    You know what really kills me? Now a days folks don't know how to do the basics. Especially with regard to sewing. Folks will take hems, buttons, darning and slight alterations to the cleaners. Or they would throw the garment out entirely. Don't get it twisted. I freely admit that a lot of garments are nothing but garbage designed to tear up after a wash or two. But folks no longer know how to do anything.

Cooking is no different. There is a generation of people who do not know how to make potato salad! Potato Salad!!!! And when you try to show folks how to handle their business they can't be bothered.

People, Something is coming. The USA is not gong to be a superpower for much longer. We are not going to be able to waist money like we have become accustomed. Get your act together people. We have to learn how to do the basics.

Peace

2. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    hahahahaha...AMEN AMEN AND AMEN TO THAT...talk about hitting the nail right on the head,i've talked to many of our young people male and female and many of them don't have a glue about the basics[can you believe that there are young men in college that don't own a basic suit]and this has nothing to do with not having a father figure as for the ladies many don't know how to cook,sew,or run a vacuum cleaner[no joke]and they don't wanna learn either sad state of affairs sad indeed.

3. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    That's Whats up, Sister Bootzey!

There is gonna come a time (real soon i must add) that we won't have a choice on rather to throw out or repair, to cook or to buy pre-made.

All we will have is the basics. So we might as well tighten our skills up b4 that time comes.

:heart:

4. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    The strategy of the oligarchy is to remove all self sufficiency and inner enrichment clsses from the free school curriculum.

Home Economics
    , cooking an entire meal from scratch includeing dessert,
    the canning skills, bread making skills.
    Sewing an actual wearable, and in style garment from scratch,

All Shop classes;
    carpentry,
    machine shop,(tool makeing)
    foundry (metalurgy)
    electronics,
    mechanics,
    drafting

as well as all music and art classess

To create a society compltely subservient and dependant upon the corporate state.

Even the rudiments of these things for the home, have been strategical made less available;
    milinary shops,; selling yarns, dry goods and clothing patterns in assorted styles and sizes
    craft shops; selling children's model makeing kits, pottery making kits, art supplies, kite making, woodcarving , metal craft, and leathercraft kits

these things have been made unavailable to the general public and the 70% of the population that do not shop on line

5. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    yep! and i was really enjoying spending time at the Heath-Kit Electronic shops!! (anybody remember the Hero robot?) shoot, i stepped into a Fry's Electronics looking to get a portable harddrive and walked down the aisle with the discrete components, pcb fab gear, proto boards and test gear and about swooned! took me back to my days wire-wrapping my sdk85-to-ibm5153 homebrew trainer!! ahhh!!

and today's cars? the thought that one could go out to one's shop, grab up some scrap iron, melt it down and pour replacement parts was just so liberating!! now one almost has to take the dang thing to the shop to swap out plugs! and balancing a block? fuhgeddaboudit!

6. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +863
    All I know... When the revolution comes.... I will be in high demand. Sewing and cooking for people for a small fee.

7. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    so you think children being deprived of life skills is funny?

8. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812

Ankhur...I am BEGGING you not to turn this into another warring thread...PLEASE.

9. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    WTF is your problem? how did you get this from what i said???
    i added to the sick notion of this "society" getting away from knowing how to do stuff - as in playing with electronic stuff at home as a way to self-learn, or augment other teachings. i commented on the dying art of working on one's own vehicles at home ... and you respond suggesting that i find humor in this loss? can't you read? or is it lack of comprehending what you read?

if you can't figure out what i said, ask me rather than come with misinterpretations of what i said. <sheesh!>

10. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    Easy partner, folks say alot of things here and alot of things in sarcasm,
    before I made the remark , I was thrown off by your statement regarding melting down spare metal to make auto parts, which is something I have never heard of, nor did I see any reference to after searching for 2 hours on 3 search engines, that any one could in thier garage melt steel, or copper for auto parts,

so I ask your forgiveness for the statement.