Black People : The Basics Of Boycott

Asomfwaa

REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 16, 2011
African Siblings,

I questioned our people in Brooklyn asking them where was the strong Black community in our borough. They rubbed their chin but still could not find the community{edit}.

I decided that I should make one. Particularly by destroying the large exploitation going on in certain corners of our community.

So I am to design a flyer--for the masses.

A flyer with WHO/What/WHere . . .. But also with history and logic. 'Cause folk may ask "Why call us African?" or "Why prop up African businesses?" or so on and so forth.

More--we can't boycott without alternatives--that's call a delay of business.

What should I look into in order to make sure that a boycott is most effective.

I was thinking--maybe a weekly boycott, with a fair on every boycott day, where vendors receive monies in place of the businesses being boycotted.

If successful, we can up the frequency--maybe bi-weekly--maybe daily--from there when the businesses close, we organize how to take over: Grocery Store, Department Store, Light Industries, so on and so forth.

That spoken--What can everyone pitch to this idea? No negativity please. I'm speaking to the people and they are (nominally) willing.

HOTEP

Ok, Marcus Garvey asked these questions as well so we can use his model. He asked where is the Black mans armies, big men of business, etc.

But this is a new time so i would ask:

1.) What is a Black neighborhood if there a no African American businesses? Or rather in a more stinging way, What ethnic group in America has communities that are full of businesses run by everybody except them?

2.) Where are the famous non-rapper, non-celebrity sneaker owners?

3.) Why call yourself African American and you don't embrace one thing African?

4.) Can a people really be respected if they don't own and control their communities?

5.) Does the African American personality primarily consist of running away from who you are and running towards who you ain't?
6.) Name 10 non-celebrity rich Black people?

7.) If Arabs have oil, Asians have technology and manufacture, White people have all of the above, what do Black people have? And we are not including anything that has to do with celebrities. Just regular Joe blows.

8.) Name 5 Black people you know that work for another Black person? Name Random White people that work for a Black person. Now name 20 people who are Black that work for a White owned company?

9.) Can your children inherit your job? Can they inherit your business?

10.) If owning your own business is the key to wealth, what's stopping Black people from opening one in their neighborhood?

10.) People love basketball. They love competition and winning. Other groups compete with Black people for their dollars, for their businesses, why does the winning spirit only apply to Black people when on the basketball court?
11.) The Arab, Asian and White man wanted more money just like you and he decided to open a store right where you live. Why didn't you think of that? Are you conditioned to only think education then job application?

I'll try to think of more, i hope this is along the lines of what you meant. Share your comments and thoughts.

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back