Black Authors : The Babalawo's Wife

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by ezgo'n, Aug 5, 2013.

1. ezgo'n

ezgo'n Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10
    Want some truth? Check out this book: The Babalawo's Wife Behind Barbed Wire or To Whom It May Concern by J.A. McKinnon

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Very Nice Sister! Thanks for Sharing!

I went to Amazon to read a bit more about the book and thot i'd share it for others :

Book Description

Publication Date: May 7, 2013

Petra thought she had married the man of her dreams. Quan was kind and giving, and an up and coming spiritual leader in a religion that was centuries' old yet very new to the modern world. As she moves into her life with her new husband, her realities sink in only to find her in the middle of a nightmare full of; betrayal, status, greed, and struggle. Her fight is just beginning in this portrayal of a wife, who suffers under the hands of a controlling husband who believes that her place is only to serve him. She finds herself confined with no other way out than to lose herself to find out who she really is. On her journey of discovery she meets many women with different tales to tell of their hows and whys. Petra's journey for liberation is just beginning . . .

I only see a link to the kindle version of the book - can hard copies be purchased too?

Congratulations on your work Sister ... :toast:

It sounds very very interesting and i wish you much success with your endeavor!

Much Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

3. butterfly#1

butterfly#1 going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,204
    Very interesting. Just this little taste makes me hunger for more.
    Has there ever been a book club here where reviewing books takes place? I love to read others opinions and expressions on their take on books, how it affected them or just have a general discussion on the subject.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677

Yes Sister ... we useta have a Book Club here, where we read the books together online ... in our voice and video chat ... so those that didn't have the book, could listen in as those who did have the book, read aloud ... discussing as we went along. It was really nice, but years ago, and hasn't been done since. It just kinda fell off, as things often do. Maybe we can start it up again if others are interested.

Here's a couple of historic links ... :)

Exciting New Book Club Has Been Created

August 2003 - Black On Purpose Book Club Chats

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

5. butterfly#1

butterfly#1 going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,204
    Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I hope the fam will let you know that we'd like to revive it.

Love and Hugs

6. ezgo'n

ezgo'n Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10
    Destee you know that you are an Awesome Queen. I am working on another novel as I write you. I appreciate you.

Sincerely,

Ezgo'n

7. ezgo'n

ezgo'n Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10
    Destee you know that you are an Awesome Queen. I am working on another novel. And did I say? I appreciate you. My book can be downloaded on any device computers, smart/droid phones, kindle, nook, etc. Hard copies are coming soon, but I may have an offer from Penguin books. Thank you for asking!

Sincerely,

Ezgo'n

8. ezgo'n

ezgo'n Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Madame Butterfly thank you for your comment on both of my posts! I don't log in often but when I do, I like to respond. Peace and Blessings,

Ezgo'n