Black Authors : The Audacity of Hope Book Review

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by AACOOLDRE, Feb 3, 2009.

1. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    THE AUDACITY OF HOPE
    By Barack Obama
    BOOK REVIEW By Andre Austin

The political anthropologist President Obama has chronicled the living human remains from across the USA and globe in The Audacity of Hope. Most professional anthropologist desire to learn the history of peoples from the deceased artifacts not Obama. From the foundations of the values and his own conscience/empathy he learned from his mother he learned other peoples problems and solutions not just from books but from personal conversations. He came to manhood by learning the suffering of others in Chicago’s ghettos as a community organizer.

The problems and solutions are spelled out in nine chapters covering the areas of 1. Republicans and Democrats, 2. Values, 3, Our Constitution, 4.,Politics, 5., Opportunity, 6., Faith, 7.,Race, 8., The World beyond Our Borders and nine Family in which I would have put first, and that’s just because I have a Bachelors degree in Family life Education.
    Some of the problems within these 9 chapters sometimes appear to be unfixable but with the ammunition of the Audacity of Hope explained all up and down from Hebrews 11 Barack keeps the faith that America can keep on gradually changing to make our Union a beloved community away from the Darkness. I will highlight the highlights from these nine chapters of high hopes.

I do not know if Obama participated in debates at Occidential, Columbia or Harvard Universities but this book is a brilliant piece of literary debate in written form. Recall the movie The Great Debaters where blacks students from a small college debate team whip the pants off of Harvard debate team in 1935. They won because they made their circle of knowledge base wide. You can’t be Prophet Muhammad or Malcolm X without reading. The topic of The Great Debaters was Civil disobedience. The Harvard whites had a ultra, extreme conservative view of Law and order. Obama used his skills from interviews of everyday people, his mothers values, and those expensive books from Harvard to win the debates and beat the traveling pants suits of Hillary Clinton and Joe “big mouth” Biden. From 1967-1971 Obama lived in Indonesia sometimes in buildings without a toilet. His mother woke him up a 4am and for three hours was talk English before he went to school. He forgot his mother’s lessons but he got the overall point that speaking and writing were very, very important. And to this day any public employee hired for his administration is screened for these skills and asked if they have in public communication experience.

His book is a debate for ideas over the Republicans and at times attempts to extend a hand and bridge to the GOP. Obama believes it’s a right to have health insurance, social security an education, food and housings. These are rights spelled out in the constitution. The extreme right says yes these are indeed rights but individuals must bring it to themselves. Recall just a couple of years ago the GOP wanted to abolish the Department of Education, throw Welfare Queens in jail and privatized Health care. Lets quote a famous Black Republican: “For society as a whole, nothing is a right-not even bare subsistence, which has to be produced by human toil. Particular segments of society can of course be insulated from the necessities impinging on society as a whole , by having someone else carry their share of the work, either temporarily or permanently” The Vision of the Anointed” By Thomas Sowell (1995 p.100).Obama anthropologic skills digs up facts not ideology just like The Great Debaters students did to refute these extreme views and warns the public that the GOP plans to use the courts (The Holy Grail) to win this debate rather than by taking it up with the people as a community. They forgot about We the people and see the Constitution as a dead document stuck in a time warp of the past. Obama considers the Constitution to be a living document that must be read in the context of an ever expanding and changing world.

President Obama doesn’t want to get into the bedrooms of grown adults unless your breaking the law like child abuse. He respects civil unions rather than gay marriage but people should have the power to name their own relationship. Barack is against the death penalty unless someone does something monstrous to the point where the maximum punishment should be the price. He admits that sometimes the extreme right bears a longsuffering on his spirit. For example: “If Rush Limbaugh’s listeners enjoy hearing him call me ‘Osama Obama’, my attitude is, let them have their fun”. I would like to see Obama attend The State of the Black Union this year and share his thoughts in the market place of ideas. Share your ideas for fixing up schools and having teachers salary be $ 100,000 thousand dollars. Don’t short change any of your constituents.

Barracks’s debating skills written and oral linked up with his hope and values. His hope is a value and his value is hope that can’t be trumped or imposed upon to nonbelievers as I paraphrase in his prologue. This coalition was multi-ethic just like Harold Washington’s was in Chicago. “Many of the white suburban Republicans who crossed over to make Carol Moseley-Braun the Senate’s first black woman member told pollsters the wish to ‘make history’ figured strongly in their decision” Showing My Color By Clarence Page (1996 p.254). Barack from this same state of Illinois just replicated and built upon Braun what was already in existence in the state and then across the USA. Allan Keys, a Black conservative couldn’t beat Obama because his debate was too extreme wrongly making his party the victims of abortionist and gays. Barrack’s values on the economy saw that we all had some skin in the game for responsibilities and rights. The GOP only saw the rights of Banks for bailout and left no boats for those in New Orleans. The GOP took the extreme view that you can’t eat if you don’t work/toil, but forgot their were 200 applicants for every single job available. Barack debated and won for America as a big house united looking after those left in the basements. He debated successfully by using alive human artifacts and the constitution as a living document not to be abused and mistranslated for the few rich and powerful. At Last by Etta James sung threw the mouth and lungs of Beyonce Knowles at the inaugural ball. And I add the adjectives of power, at last, Forever for we are “one nation under a groove” as Cornbread (Cornel) West has said.

The next man in the ring for the debate is Michael Steele another Black from the GOP who now chairs the RNC. Oh how I wish Michael was like his brother Shelby Steele. The debate of Hope over materialistic greed of corporation will never end in a TKO. Raising hell of obstructionist will keep the RNC down for the ten count of being against hope.

2. LindaChavis

LindaChavis Well-Known Member MEMBER

Car Sales Consultant
    Ratings:
    +147
    Excellent

Thanks for sharing

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    Is that right , Thankz for sharing this info .....