Black Astrology : The art of Synastry

Discussion in 'Black Astrology' started by Moon Child, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Moon Child

Moon Child Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +279
    Synastry is the art of relationship astrology. It is a fascinating and illuminating study of how individuals interact with one another. This interaction can reach multiple levels of being, it can be mundane (everyday relating, i.e co-workers, children etc), spiritual, romantic or sexual. Usually it's a combination of ALL FOUR. We are multi faceted beings, and we rarely tap into just one way or form of expression.

What can synastry show you? It can provide one with a map of what your relationships are, why they are the way they are, and what they could be like if we the desire to change them.

The astrology chart is a complex map of planets, signs, points, asteroids, houses, reading two people and providing accurate insights is both an art and a skill. I always recommend finding an astrologer (such as myself) who can guide you along that path with integrity.

To accurately read a chart and to do a synastry chart an astrologer needs these pieces of information:

1. Birth date: m/d/y
    2. Birth time: exact am or pm
    3. city and state or country and region.

If anyone is interested in understanding HOW synastry works and how it can be an advantage to your relationships please ask! If you've already used this tool for relationship understanding please share your experiences. :)

:hearts1:

2. Moon Child

Ratings:
    +279
    Here is an example of Shems N and I's Synastry report as an example. Re posted from "Get off the 12 month calendar thread" in part.

Sun Square Sun 1.45 -566
    Sun Trine Venus 2.09 140
    Mercury Square Neptune 1.39 -97
    Mars Conjunction Jupiter 3.31 94
    Jupiter Trine Mars 3.27 50
    Jupiter Sextile Jupiter 0.20 73
    Jupiter Sextile Neptune 1.22 42
    Saturn Conjunction Sun 4.16 115
    Uranus Trine Mars 1.18 62
    Uranus Sextile Neptune 0.47 46
    Uranus Conjunction Pluto 4.08 52
    Neptune Opposition Saturn 1.43 -47
    Neptune Sextile Pluto 1.21 33
    Pluto Trine Saturn 0.42 51
    Pluto Conjunction Pluto 3.47 50

To keep it simple PART Of what astrologers look at are the ASPECTS or simply put connections between your planets and someone elses. What this determines in relationship astrology is whether or not two people are going to have a "smooth" relationship or a "challenging" one. Now I always take the approach that when we see things such as "Squares" this represents KARMA that needs to be worked out between two people and this strife that is often unforseen until it happens is something that is present in the relationship, this can not be ignored because it doesn't feel good. When we see "conjunctions" we are looking at two planets and or sign combinations that provide a sense of ease something that is not as easy to pin point but it feels good none the less. When we see a "Trine", this means that the signs are different, but have compatible energies. Trines are cooperative and can bring a sense of "ease" that conjunctions do. "Oppositions" are just that, opposing so the individual will play a particular energy and the "other" individual will play out the "other" energetic expression. Usually oppositions represent something that need to provide balance in it's expression, and until this expression is worked out, we will play either role to our advantage or our detriment. Lastly, "Sextiles"
    a energetic gifts of joy and abundant expression, these provide us with positive energy for expression via change and positive motion. However, the key to utilizing this energetic expression is by understanding HOW to use it. If one does not know it exists then it can represent missed opportunities.

These are not the only aspects there are minor ones that can provide us with gifts or additional "tweeks" in our psyche and spiritual bodies. It must be understood, with relationship astrology we are looking at the energies of two people, expressed with just each other, not the outside world.

I will take the first aspect of Shem and I as an example: Sun square Sun. Basically this means that Shem and I would have a challenge in understanding and accepting the energetic expression of our SPIRITS and the motivations of each sun sign that is a direct representative of how we maneuver in the outer world. If we chose to engage in a relationship it would mean that we both would have to work a bit a "getting" where the other is coming from. Could this be karmic? Certainly, but only if we chose to engage. *keep in mind that having challenging aspects does not mean that you can not have a meaningful, loving relationship if your focus is romantic. It just means that adjusts would have to be made, there are millions of people who have their sun square sun aspect, but due to other supportive aspects in the chart, they thrive and have happy lives together.*

Next one: Mercury conjunct Jupiter. This means that these two planets are in the same sign (not always but usually, if someone has a conjunction with planets that are "out of sign" there is another dynamic to that interpretation and it may not bring "ease") This means that both Mars and Jupiter are supporting one another and offering a sense of ease and "good will" when working together. To get a more in depth interpretation you would have to look at Mars/sign, Jupiter/sign, house influence on his house and my house. We would want to see HOW these houses are influencing particular areas of life. And vice versa.

These are but a couple of examples of how interactions are read in astrology. Please keep in mind there is much more at play when doing a reading. One has to take many factors into consideration to paint a whole picture. Looking at relating from the POV of astrological interpretation provides one in my opinion with valuable insights, provides one with the empowerment of conscious living and loving and most important relating.

3. Sagittarian Mind

Sagittarian Mind Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +20
    My philosophy on Synastry is this : the more contacts between planets, the more potential. I actually emphasize planetary contacts more than the specificity of aspects. I think the energy is neutral until we provide it with some type of direction. I think "compatible" charts consist of "hard" as well as softer, easier flowing aspects between people. A reasonable amount of tension between individuals has the potential to spark growth and development between individuals.

In many books, you'll read so much about "harmony" being emphasized re: aspects, but what i've found is that energy tends to stay at rest and can easily turn into inertia and complacency.

4. Moon Child

Ratings:
    +279

Hello Sagittarian mind! Nice to see a comment on this thread! :)

I find that there is major significance and deep meaning when looking at aspects in astrology. The energies are always available to us and we are always in motion, therefore nothing is ever stagnant or "neutral". To say it more simply, as the planets in our solar system are always moving, so are we tapping into those energetic expressions.

I am not quite sure what you mean about you emphasizing "planetary connections" more than aspects. BOTH are equally as important and to give one greater importance over another changes the entire energy of the reading. But that is just my opinon. :)

I agree. Hard aspects can indicate powerful energies! However, they also indicate conflict! The softer aspects indicate ease. Tension for example is always good between Venus and Mars but also, one has to look at the signs that are involved and the planets that rule them because that can change the "flavor" of HOW the aspects are played out.

Again, You are right on! Harmonious aspects, if there are too many can lead to complacency and a lack of movement.

I enjoyed your perspective!

5. Sagittarian Mind

Ratings:
    +20
    Hey hey!! Thanks for the comments and I enjoyed your perspective as well. What I meant by the planetary contact comment is this: where aspects are concerned, I think the same potentials are possible irrespective of the particular aspect, so whether you have sun conjunct pluto, the sun opposing pluto or sun square pluto,etc...I think the same tools are there to take advantage of. Now, our routes to realizing these potentials may be different...LOL! But I look at those as sun-pluto contacts first and foremost.

6. Moon Child

Ratings:
    +279
    LOL! Oh I agree! Potential exists in everything, in everyone, everywhere!!! Astrology holds the key to us obtaining whatever it is we seek to accomplish on a soul level. That is what I believe anyway! I tend to be such an optimistic person so it's not likely for me to say it "can't" be done!

To expound a bit. A lot of HOW we interpret a chart depends soley upon the "reader" or astrologer. If one is pessimistic and see's "doom and gloom", then that is how a chart will be read and therefore the soul is being limited by the talents, skills, perspective of the astrologer. On the other hand, if an astrologer is optimistic and see's the potential of a soul's purpose and destiny, that can be related in a way that provides encouragement to a client and makes them feel they can accomplish what they choose to heal or change.

Lastly, we have to also keep in mind that some branches of astrology are culturally rooted into fatalisitc energies that will limit the client as to what they can and can not do, receive, heal or change in their lives or themselves, this truly can feel "heavy" to me and very restrictive. May I ask you what kind of astrology you use?! I read in sidereal not tropical as I feel that tropical astrology keeps us in the matrix! Sidereal links us to the stars, and our ancestors on levels that empower us, uplift us and set us free!

7. Sagittarian Mind

Ratings:
    +20
    Hi!! Thanks for responding. I use the tropical zodiac. I don't really feel limited by it any way and my clients seem to respond favorably. As you stated, I think the practitioner has a lot to do with it. I'm definitely someone who views astrology as a tool for growth and development and uses a person-centered approach vs. event oriented astrology.

Philosophically speaking, there are no "good" and 'bad" planets, signs, aspects, etc... only that which is necessary for the unfoldment of our potential.

8. Moon Child

Ratings:
    +279
    Your truth is respected on which time line you use when using astrology as a tool!

I agree! I use it for soul awareness and enligthenment and spiritual development!

Again, I agree. LOL.. there is no such thing as a "good or bad" planet or aspect, it's all relative to what we need (chose) to learn and master!

Nice "meeting" you!

Be well!:hearts1:

9. Shems Nbedjer

Shems Nbedjer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +117
    I wander if Moon Child is still around?

Can someone expound upon how they have used astrology to balance their life and relationship with a significant other or share another science that accomplish similar knowledge.

Where are all the astrologists at Destee?

BUMP

Nbedjer

10. Moon Child

Ratings:
    +279
    Hey love! I am here. I got these notifications via email! LOL Long time no speak. I haven't been on the site in some time but glad to be back! (((hugs))

Oooh I love your question!

Astrology for me is a tool to do just what you asked and more. As you know relationships are an integral part of our growth and development. We actually learn who are through the mirroring of another. Astrology helps us to see our authentic selves through information, understanding and illumination. When we engage in this behavior we find that we can dig deeper into removing the "not self" (conditions, behaviors, thought patterns that have been imposed upon us by our nuclear family, early childhood enviroment etc) and find our authentic self, and live that truth without judgements or ridicule.

When joining two hearts it's imperative in my opinion that we choose to delve into those dark spaces, what I call shadow to relate fully and wholistically to one another for our highest good. Thus astrology brings us that clarity, that vision, that reality of who we choose to BE in this lifetime and that includes all the things we need to work on for growth.

Relationships in my opinion are a gift of opportunities that allow us to soar. If we can consciously engage and create the love we desire and need we can truly benefit from those positive exchanges. As an astrologer I find it a joy most times to assist souls with this illumination. However, there are times when it can be sad from an emotional point of view due to the reality of the relationship unfolding before you, it's not always a "pretty" picture and I've actually had people divorce from their truth.

Other tools that I've used for couples other than astrology is numerology.