Black People : The art of listening

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Kevin Ervin, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Kevin Ervin

Kevin Ervin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Steady listening creates wisdom only continual listening ensures intelligence, as one cannot truly exist without its other... And all that one will hear through ones mind is the soul's purpose to God accepted or the soul's purpose denied through the eyes of ones very mind... And therefore "the choice" standing just before you (ones very own) is already made. What else truly needs to be known throughout and from within all that you hear? The only choice is the soul's purpose to God oneself accepted or denied through ones mind and/or ones "mind"... Nothing else is actually revealed. Kevin D. Ervin 2007 c.

2. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Faith come by hearing. Knowledge comes by listening.

Understand what you are told. Overstand what you are not told.

3. Kevin Ervin

Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you for confirming my words with your very own.

4. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    The blind have inner vision, why can't the deaf also posses the same inner voice unknown to those of us who can hear? Is listening an external or internal act?...or is it both? What do we know of the vibrations that the deaf may connect to that may possibly be superior to any vibrations that those of us who can hear connect to?

5. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,382
    The blind have inner vision, why can't the deaf also posses the same inner voice unknown to those of us who can hear? Is listening an external or internal act?...or is it both? What do we know of the vibrations that the deaf may connect to that may possibly be superior to any vibrations that those of us who can hear connect to? Have you ever heard of "blind Tom"? He was labeled as a deaf mute and lived during the time of slavery....yet he was a musical genius![/QUOTE]

6. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    [/QUOTE]
    Hey brotha Keita,

I do get tired of hearing about Beethovon and Helen Keller. Thanks for educating me about one of our own dear ancestors.
    http://www.twainquotes.com/archangels.html

As one who was profoundly deaf for twelve years I can tell you, yes there is an inner voice that keeps your mind alive when there is no information coming in from the outside.

I remember once I went to a support group meeting that was held in an old Church building in Los Angeles. I was the first person there. As I walked through the vestibule I saw a row of doors and somehow I insperienced that the doors led downward into a chamber of torture. I thought it was just the old gothic feel of the building. Then I heard a laugh . It was a sinister cackling laugh. It was loud and clear. Not in my head. I should not have heard that sound. I could not even hear a fire truck going past but I heard that laughter. Still unconvinced I entered the sanctuary and walked down to the altar. My spirit just told me Rhonda you better get your fool butt out of here.. I left and was planning to find some place to eat then come back when the other people were there. But while I was walking I looked up and the bus that would take me home had stopped at a red light. I sprinted across the street and got on the bus.

Deaf people can actually hear sound through their fingers. It is a muted sound but it is a sound.

7. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    A pleasure to meet you brotha Kevin. I see you've been here for a while. But welcome back. Madase pa.

8. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Hey brotha Keita,

I do get tired of hearing about Beethovon and Helen Keller. Thanks for educating me about one of our own dear ancestors.
    http://www.twainquotes.com/archangels.html

As one who was profoundly deaf for twelve years I can tell you, yes there is an inner voice that keeps your mind alive when there is no information coming in from the outside.

I remember once I went to a support group meeting that was held in an old Church building in Los Angeles. I was the first person there. As I walked through the vestibule I saw a row of doors and somehow I insperienced that the doors led downward into a chamber of torture. I thought it was just the old gothic feel of the building. Then I heard a laugh . It was a sinister cackling laugh. It was loud and clear. Not in my head. I should not have heard that sound. I could not even hear a fire truck going past but I heard that laughter. Still unconvinced I entered the sanctuary and walked down to the altar. My spirit just told me Rhonda you better get your fool butt out of here.. I left and was planning to find some place to eat then come back when the other people were there. But while I was walking I looked up and the bus that would take me home had stopped at a red light. I sprinted across the street and got on the bus.

Deaf people can actually hear sound through their fingers. It is a muted sound but it is a sound.[/QUOTE]

interesting that you should say that. If you review a work by "Indus Khamit Kush' entitled: WHAT THEY NEVER TAUGHT YOU IN HISTORY CLASS, you will find that Beetovan was known as and called "the Black Spaniard " during his lifetime.

9. Kevin Ervin

Ratings:
    +1
    The deaf are deaf because it is their inner voice that they do not actually listen to.

10. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Listen to this Bro. It is nice to drop pearls of thought that are easy to digest and that may stimulate growth in another by causing their thoughts to vibrate on a higher frequency than usual. However, there are times when we must be logical even in the face of what we believe to be true.

You say; "The deaf are deaf because it is their inner voice that they do not actually listen to."

1. People born deaf are not even aware that they can not or are supposed to hear anything external, so the only voice they can hear is internal. Think about it.

2. It is those of us who can externally hear who are "actually deaf due to not listening to or acknowledging the internal voice". Think about that too.

3. When we give a Supreme Reality human attributes such as "free will' we diminish the Supreme Reality and externalize it from ourselves. If we do not externalize it, then it becomes understandable as to why it has free will. If we externalize it then we have produced an anthropomorphic entity outside of ourselves like someone or something that observes and watches over us but which we can connect to...much like the belief system of religions. These are errors which have no foundation of provability or fact as being true, thereby relying upon belief and faith.

4. When we speak of the mind as opposed to the brain, we are also speaking upon various degrees of consciousness...a consciousness that is the culmination of ones education or lack of, ones experience or lack of, ones conditioning or lack of and ones connection with their spirit or lack of. These components become the foundation of the level that the mind may or may not be upon. Therefore Mind simply is not MIND but an expression of all the above. To often see the soul mind must be peeled away.

I apologize for not being the norm, but what it is is what it is....peace!