Black Poetry : The Anthology of A Woman

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by ASHANTA, Sep 15, 2003.

1. ASHANTA

ASHANTA Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +70
    The Anthology of A Woman

Is it that my hips are round?
    My breast lustrous , and my body is built
    like an hour glass skipping no curves,
    as he uses me as his play toy,
    and move on to another,
    when he gets tired destructive to thy mind,
    castrating me of all my dreams.
    My lips that shines of guck and face painted with designers muck.
    Is it my thighs that’s lean? and my hair that shines, and the count of the strokes, when he enters my universe. Is it that I don’t have a mind? and my body is his play ground Do I have a mind? are must I pretend I think with my hips.

If I am plump and round without the crown,
    and the curves forms its on traits.
    Am I less than a women without the curves?
    do I bring him joy, love him with my heart, dose it make me less than a women if I am not a show peace?
    Shall I buy his love? and step aside, and allow him to use me as his door mat.
    Must I play the fool and loose my cool?, and bring him laughter as he use me as a fool.

If I love my God, wear my dresses above my knees?
    dose it make me a reject of the world. If I bare his children,
    and keep his home clean, and love only him,
    without breaking the rules, am I an idiot and fool for my man?
    Shall I be the whore and **** when he angers with stress? shall I be the punching bag, when the world makes him mad, shall I hold on to an illusion that the changing of the season, he will be the husband I most desired in this life.

Shall I be the man and the women? and raise his children, making an excuse for a boy which is less than a man, as he walks away, dropping babies within every women that comes his way, must I smile and say he’s a great man.
    Am I women worthy more than what his justice stand.

Shall I make excuses the world dealt him a bad hand? Must I turned my head for the like of father which he stands? Must I blame the world for the like of him being a man? Shall I sale my soul just to say I have a boy?, a man is to delicate to express the horrors of a imitations of a man.
    Shall I become desperate for love? and turn my back on those who shows love, for a ride in the hay, to be sicken with great disease, shall I forget about the dignity that is honored by God? Shall I flash my body for the world to see? and call it freedom of expression, when I step into the circles of lust, desperate to be love, shall I teach my daughter that her body is sacred? shall I allow her to see me act like a dog in heat. Shall I break all the laws of God? to please a man who has no honor to me are self.

The illusions of exclusions, Nevertheless a whore is a whore, shall I bend the rules to please my man, In God he do not trust. Must I be manipulated and contradicted and carry the role of a man, excluding the image of woman, I become the man. Shall I teach my son, that women are dogs, shall I teach him that every women must represent her self with respect. I the women the nurture of the Universe, If I live as a dog, I will stand up with flees, Shall I walk tall in the honor of women, that a true man will treat me as the treasures that I am.

Lets not forget that validation comes within, the humble of the heart, the women of great love, shall never fall below the rims of great love. Nevertheless the empty space, love comes from within, when women loose her conscious state she becomes the ***** of the earth. Weakness shall not encounter the great intents of love, if the soul has no honor of self, Women who stands for nothing will stand for anything.

Copywriter 2002
    All Rights Reserved

2. true love

true love Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    girl...you ripped it...this is beautiful and every woman and their daughter should read this. i really really loved this.

3. ASHANTA

ASHANTA Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +70
    Thank you my sister poet

4. LovelyGoldenOne

LovelyGoldenOne Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student, Bookstore Clerk
    Ratings:
    +16
    this is a masterpiece...very nice...

5. Bluewater

Bluewater Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Praising The Lord
    Ratings:
    +44
    deep poem sistah
    wonderful
    Peace

6. triniti424

triniti424 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    WOW my sista...this is one every mother should share with her child...and every woman should cherish this message I LOVED IT :)