Black Women : The Angry Black Woman

the proverbial angry black woman

She ticks me off. Why? She voices her anger at the wrong target. The Black man.

I'd like to know where this Black angry woman gets her moral strength to dog the Black man. It astounds me. please explain.

Why are we far more understanding of the abused child, the addict, the war veteren - but turn our backs on our men who remain the most abused on the globe. OUR men.

As many know, I've traveled the globe and back - and it struck me this evening that yeah - the Black american woman is the most disdained. noone wants any of that outside of sex. why is that? media? loud mouthed, head shaking, aggressive women - all talk (and way too much of it) - that's the image. The most 'good' Black women we see in the movies are chasing white men (or vice versa). now I know that is all media.. but day-um.. when I hear it in real life I must wonder.

What is it about Black men that sets them apart from the rest? What is it that makes them more easy to criticize instead of support? To the extent that Black women would rather "change sides" - or remain single about it. What is it that Black american women dont understand in order to bridge the gap?

:heart:
Zulile

men - this Q is aimed at women, so try to refrain from answering off the bat.

SiS Zulile!

Meh soon come!

M.E.
:hearts2:

i feel really bad chiming in here when we have been asked to allow the Queens to address this issue.

however

within half an hour of our being asked not to, one of us chimes in with a response that appears to suggest "i'm gonna hold my tongue". couple hours later, another one chimes in with what appears to be "humor".

and somebody wants to know why some of my Queens are angry???

but I ain't one of those asking that particular question.

the question i'm asking is "why ain't y'all standing taller, yelling harder?

Queen Mother, i'm begging you: PLEASE BRING THE SMACKDOWN BECAUSE OUR BABIES CAN'T STAND MUCH MORE OF THIS NOT BRINGING THE FUNK!! by which i mean that we (men) must needs stop going at each other and/or you and do something about this mess!

civilizations rise, and civilizations fall. civilizations rise and civilizations fall. when the heck are we gonna learn how to do this thing? ... off hand, i'd say as soon as we get around to learning to revere and respect our Queens!! ... but, <sigh>, judging by today's standards, i guess this one is gonna hafta fall first.

i reckon it might be time to consider forging a new civilization out of the ashes of this old one before it burns down any further!!

reckon we might have to start with the planet's have-nots, eh? since they/we seem to be among the few that have a clue about getting along. since, given that society/civilization has ground us down between the cracks (with some of us stuck in the crack), all we have left is to know that we have to respect each other ... well some of us recognize that, some of us keep trying to fight our way back up through them cracks so that we can be them on top doing the grinding ...

I don't want to get too excited but did I just see a Man stand up?

Did I just hear music to a Black womens ear!

Nah....I am still dreaming.

Maybe not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hearthis:

aw shucks, Ma'am ...

click the sig; those were notes scribbled at the ten year point; joining Destee was near the twenty year mark. here at about 23 years, i've finally started to feel like i might be getting a bit better at putting stuff into words; reckon i'll bust it all the way out at about 25 years.

truly, i want Africa to bring it, but, sadly, it sometimes looks like i'll have to settle for hoping history mangles my name and it comes out looking like "An African's House".

when i got completely fed up with the way that "society" was just not gonna do what it said it was gonna do and that what it said it was gonna do wasn't gonna work anyway, i dropped out of the job market. that was in august of 79. during xmas week of that year, this "thing" just kinda popped into my head after i turned to the only thing that had remained true and The Boss said "I told you you would come back to Me. now here is what I want you to do." and i've been doing His Work since.

but He Created a Team to do His Work and i won't get it Right until i find that especial Partner that He has in store for me.

(ps: Queen River; remember that "appropriate music" thang? as i wrote this, it was "Rock Steady"!! now it's "Hip Hug Her".)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back