Black Relationships : The Angry Black Man/ Woman Trope

i'm guilty. yes, i would open a door for a white woman, or any woman, for that matter; though, i'm confused as to why that, in some way, speaks to my lack of dignity. also, i'm not trying to perpetuate any myths...nor would i ever try to put my sistahs down. if that's the impression you have of me, you got me all wrong. sorry.

yes, i've mentioned, on occasion, that there are some angry sistahs out there. you've agreed with this. am i to assume that you're perpetuating this myth you're referring to? i'm sure you're not...but some might make that point.

i'm guilty. yes, i would open a door for a white woman, or any woman, for that matter; though, i'm confused as to why that, in some way, speaks to my lack of dignity. also, i'm not trying to perpetuate any myths...nor would i ever try to put my sistahs down. if that's the impression you have of me, you got me all wrong. sorry.

yes, i've mentioned, on occasion, that there are some angry sistahs out there. you've agreed with this. am i to assume that you're perpetuating this myth you're referring to? i'm sure you're not...but some might make that point.

No, I've never agreed with the Angry Sister Trope. I just let you go on. In my opinion it speaks to a lack of dignity that you would break your neck to do for Miss Ann, what Massa would never do for your Mama.

Perpetuating a myth isn't necessarily something one does consciously. But, every time you get your dig in about your belief that "Black Women Are Angry" you are perpetuating the myth.

But, understand this. The weak AA men that think in this manner, are no threat to AA women. We don't need them. The ofays can have them. No loss.

It makes me feel like banging my head against the wall....I'm serious. Thankfully, my son hates it as much as me.

Do you know what he listens to when he's away from you?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back