Brother AACOOLDRE : The *** and the drunk

Discussion in 'AACOOLDRE' started by AACOOLDRE, Nov 28, 2011.

1. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    THE *** & THE DRUNK

Excuse the title just wanted sensational bait to start a discussion. Out of all of my post, the peoples most views dealing with another post of MLK having a gay friend. I’m trying to figure out why they are obsessed with gay peoples.

For Christians, in part, the goal is to have soul make it to heaven. According to the writings of the NT a *** is no better than a drunk. So all of the Christians who got their boogie on Saturday day night, drinking any and everything; then turn up Sunday morning in church with a hangover in “The Amen Corner”. And we got Eddie Long in a Thong.

Who dares to preach a joke about some church member having a little sweetness in his soul when another got alcohol in his blood and breath. Flesh and blood can’t inherit the kingdom and neither those getting their freak on. Talk to me. Why homo’s getting the bad rap when scripture says:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
    King James Version (KJV)
    9Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
    10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Your very titles on both of your threads were also intended as "sensational bait." You KNEW such titles would get views and responses.

But, then you post this thread saying that the posters who did respond are "obsessed with gay people."

No, Andre, it is YOU who appear to be "obsessed with gay people."

Moreover, it is YOU who appear to be "obsessed" with MLK having a gay aide by having posted such TWICE, once 2 years ago and another thread exactly like it just last month.

And why the concentration on Christians here? Is it only because MLK was a Christian minister having an openly gay man as an aide in his camp? ...(BTW, I repeat that Bayard Rustin was an OPEN homosexual. He was NOT "in the closet." Everybody knew he was gay back then.)

TO YOU, does that somehow render some tacit implication that MLK was also gay?

Moreover, MLK acted as Christ would have him to do, to hate the sin but not the sinner.

Again, though, why the concentration here on Christians? There were other posters who disapproved of your threads who are NOT Christian as well. ---What about those posters?

Here you are quoting Bible scripture and citing examples of Eddie Long.

Not one poster in those threads bashed Bayard Rustin for being gay.

Not one poster in those threads bashed MLK for being friends with a gay man.

But, YOUR titles and OPs did give some UGLY implications.

And the posters, Christian and NON-CHRISTIAN, who disapproved of those threads did so because of those ugly underlying implications.

JamesfrmPhilly is NOT CHRISTIAN.

Kamau is NOT CHRISTIAN.

and several other NON-CHRISTIAN members voiced their dislike of the threads.

Even Destee questioned your motive for posting these threads:

3. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    I have to agree with Cherry... you mentioned in another thread that you have often been accused of being gay.. can you see the possible connection between your passive aggressive lashing out at the idea of homosexuality as a metaphor for your own personal/internal struggle with your own sexuality?

Because.. realtalk.. the way you shoehorn homosexuality into some of these topics is like "whats this dude trying to do?".. it's highly suspect... And the things is.. that's ok.. I mean.. if that's your personal struggle you should deal with it openly instead of pressing it down and allowing it to spill all over everything else.. You remember that scene in For Colored Girls where the downlow dude told his woman that he was sleeping with men? Of all the scenes in that movie, that scene was the most over-produced.. it was as if Tyler was attempting to communicate his own struggle with his own sexuality.. he had already gone on air and laid the foundation with his stories of being sexually abused by a man.. And in watching the film, you get the feeling that that scene was the most important to him. I get the same feeling with your posts that include homosexuality as an element.. I hear Eddie Long preached pretty hard against Homosexuality also..