Black Spirituality Religion : The Ancient African-Christian City, Aksum

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by panafrica, Mar 18, 2004.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    It is commonly believed that Christianity did not exist in Africa until European missionaries came to the continent in the 15th century. However there was/is a kingdom in Ethiopia named Aksum (also spelled Axum), which practiced Christianity at least since the 4th century (pre-dating European missionary exposure by some 1000 years). The link between the people of Aksum and the God of the Hebrew is rumored to have begun when the legendary Queen of Sheba met King Solomon. This legendary kingdom is also believed to be the resting place of the Ark of the Covenant (which contains the 10 commandments). If true, and this is believed by many historians and archaeologist, it would make Aksum one of the most important Christian cities in the world. In addition it is one of the oldest, with buildings and architecture proving its history. :read:

2. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
  3. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
  4. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317

Hmm, interesting. :)

I, myself, tho don't believe it matters whether European missionaries "brought" Christianity or no, as some would say. It only matters that the Word be heard by those seeking salvation by the Son who was sacrificed that we may have it. I hate how warring follows because many misinterpret what's supposed to be their faith, but I have firm belief that the truly faithful wouldn't dare take part in persecuting another for fear and love of the Father, our Savior and KING.

Any and all souls who suffer in the faith, will have the same rewards the Son has promised, the Kingdom as He has, life eternal, as He has after His resurrection and ascension, and the Father, our Father forever. :D