Black People : The American Dream,The Black Man Denied

Duchesse said:
If your can't save 10% of your salary each year, greatness is not in you.
your opinion is well noted...but not everyone with a family can save 10% of their yearly income due to circumstances beyond their control such as medical bills, school tuition, etc...but according to you, greatness is not in them...it kills me how people on this site have opinions about this and about that, but have no REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE to back it up... :sleep:

one love
khasm

Education and hard work are all well and fine if your skin color is WHITE in this country. If you're a black man or woman, unless you're willing to be a kiss-*** to whites for the rest of your working days, the American Dream must be sought through other more 'independent' means, such as entreprenurialship, investing, and (as was stated here), saving.

There are millions of blacks in this country who are doing exactly what this culture promotes: working hard, getting an education, etc. and are still ending up unemployed or on the bottom of the Corporate ladder. America is not fair at all, and those that continously tote the "All it takes is hard work," line never seem to take into account racism and the fact that many people won't let you in the door if you're black. And if they let you in the door, you better believe they will make sure you stay in your place. So you just can't depend on always moving up in a 9 to 5. You've got to depend on your own creativity, financial resources, etc. to attain the success you desire.

Dutchesse

All of this is to say that anyone can do the same thing. Blacks in America especially have more opportunity than any other Blacks in the world. We are already rich by many standards in other countries. We can rent an apartment with a refrigerator, stove, and indooor plumbing without giving it a thought. Food is not an issue either. If things are not going the way we want it to go. We have to take a look at what we are doing. With education, hardwork, persistence, and SAVING you too can live the American dream.

I agree with you whole heartedly there.

Too often as AfroAmericans we have a "victim" mentality.

It used to piss me off when I heard racists and conservatives say this about us, but the older I get the more I realize how true it is.

Black politicians stand by helplessly and allow flesh and blood white politicians to pass laws that illeffect our community.

Instead of taking control over our neighborhoods politically and economically, we allow whites in government to bring in people to take advantage of us, funnel the money out, and imprison an entire generation of our young men.

We're almost always the victim, rarely taking control of the situation and drawing a line.
We can do the same thing other people in this country do if we unite and put our minds to it.

Khasm13 said:
your opinion is well noted...but not everyone with a family can save 10% of their yearly income due to circumstances beyond their control such as medical bills, school tuition, etc...but according to you, greatness is not in them...it kills me how people on this site have opinions about this and about that, but have no REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE to back it up... :sleep:

one love
khasm

I have REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE to back it up. Without going into too much detail. I came from a "dysfunctional" family, my father was an alcoholic :drink: , woman beater :playball: . I was a teenage unwed, welfare mother. I knew I had to make good. I used the government like they used us. I knew that my economic status entitled me to all the educational grants offered and I took them. I studied hard and received a degree. I worked, I SAVED, ALWAYS, even when I was on welfare. Savings is a habit I learned from my mother and it never left me. Save change, pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters. You have to SAVE to invest. Rich people become rich from SAVING FIRST, and then INVESTING that savings. No one is going to GIVE you anything, you have to use your God given brain.

I repeat, IF YOU CAN'T SAVE 10% of your salary each year, come hell or high water, GREATNESS IS NOT IN YOU!!

Duchesse said:
I have REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE to back it up. Without going into too much detail. I came from a "dysfunctional" family, my father was an alcoholic :drink: , woman beater :playball: . I was a teenage unwed, welfare mother. I knew I had to make good. I used the government like they used us. I knew that my economic status entitled me to all the educational grants offered and I took them. I studied hard and received a degree. I worked, I SAVED, ALWAYS, even when I was on welfare. Savings is a habit I learned from my mother and it never left me. Save change, pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters. You have to SAVE to invest. Rich people become rich from SAVING FIRST, and then INVESTING that savings. No one is going to GIVE you anything, you have to use your God given brain.

I repeat, IF YOU CAN'T SAVE 10% of your salary each year, come hell or high water, GREATNESS IS NOT IN YOU!!

so you've always saved 10% of your annual salary....come hell or high water?
or did welfare help you out with that?

one love
khasm

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back