Black People : The American Dream,The Black Man Denied

HODEE

Alonewolf
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003
When all the immigrants came from Europe. They came because they wanted to get away from a horrible process of religious persecution. They came in groves and for other reasons too.

The American Dream.

That dream was told the world over. That you could come to this place, own slaves. It was said that you can become someone and have all you desire if you work hard, apply yourself and obey the laws.

The news spread that the Indians were defeated and the land was open for the taking by any Anglo- European.

The story as it was told is that this land was fertile, vast and had game. It was told. The land contained enough riches that could sustain a nation for ever. So all of the crooks, lemmings and dogs came over and took as they pleased.

They fought among themselves but over all they maintained the Negro to a status so that the American Dream couldn't be realized by them.

Those immigrants brought all of their knowledge, barley hops, grain, trades and fancy dress. But didn’t have the back–bone to build this nation.

So from the blood and on the backs of African Americans this nation grew.

The dream has been kept from the African American.

The hope has been denied that one day, we will live in a healthy environment. That we will be able to grow and prosper, without prejudice, and not be judged by those who we didn’t judge but served because they said that was the way it had to be.

I am so glad Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves. I am so glad the south was so pig headed and ignored his request to return to the union.

Today I stand and look out over the skies and see endless possibilities for this earth and this nation if those who have now obtained their dream move out of the way, and stop blocking the progress of blacks in America from achieving some of the same.

I am certain we will obtain that dream, and that we can build and make a decent living. Finally and once again putting our back and effort into something that will benefit us. Americans don't understand us, but they will see the uniqueness of us and this I am afraid is their fear. Once done. Then they can call this a great nation.

All we want is that promise, that dream we know we were denied. A fair shake, equal justice.

Because if it ever came down to us taking what we truly deserve. It won't be much of a dream for many. Or for ourselves. So from this day on, each and everyone that reads this. Promise and dedicate yourself. Go out make a change for yourself. Get. A part of that dream. We helped their ancestors obtain.

Last edited:
The american dream is too simple

Life
Liberty
The pursuit of happiness (property)

Heaven Yeah we been kept from it...LIfe....i mean for a time we weren't considered human beings... Liberty...yeah whatever, lets not get into that....and the pursuit of happiness(property), we used to be treated like property...

But i do know one thing...if anyone is entitled to it...it's us, for all the crap we did to help build it...So the dream should be GIVEN to me....not a struggle for me to catch it. hmmmph, too late...i don't want the crap anyway

Peace out

The American Dream is Yours for the Taking

When my mother first arrived in the North, in l953, she was 18 years old. As a child I remember her telling us stories. She said that she remembered watching the Jews who sold fruits, vegetables, fish and other goods in an open market. She remembered and visually depicted a man who sold pencils for 2 cents(U.S. pennies)! Sometimes we would all laugh at how she described it because she said she didn't know how he made it.Only God knows how much he made a day, but everyday he was there. She described how cold the weather was and how many of them did not even have on proper clothing to fend off the cold. How their fingers were red and fat like sausage from exposure but how they were there everyday to sell their goods and save those pennies.

All of this is to say that anyone can do the same thing. Blacks in America especially have more opportunity than any other Blacks in the world. We are already rich by many standards in other countries. We can rent an apartment with a refrigerator, stove, and indooor plumbing without giving it a thought. Food is not an issue either. If things are not going the way we want it to go. We have to take a look at what we are doing. With education, hardwork, persistence, and SAVING you too can live the American dream.

If your can't save 10% of your salary each year, greatness is not in you.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back