Black People : "The Allegory of the Classroom:" An exposure of Black leadership

Asomfwaa

REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 16, 2011
Hotep Siblings,

On my website, I write articles for African people. This one relates to leadership in the African community. It's entitled "The Allegory of the Classroom."

“Firstly, I find it apt to tell you a tale that I have heard from a child. He spoke to me wiser words than one would otherwise expect from the runt. In his little, dusty pants, the youth told me how his classroom teacher was a racist. He reported how this teacher proposed that Africans had no history. He said in this classroom, of the thirty students, ten looked about after this comment, clearly knowing better and very perturbed. The child reported on how eyes jumped to and from other eyes, to a point where each of the ten touched each of the other ten, or the sides and backs of the heads of the other 20. He went into more detail, claiming that every ‘conscious’ kid looked at every other ‘conscious’ kid and registered the ‘unconscious’ kids. So in this classroom, every concerned child looked on every other child. Finally, each eye showing a slight shyness, a lack of concern, or maybe a need for a spark, stopped and class continued; the teacher unchallenged. The story perplexed the child, but greatly informed me. You see, it takes one thing to be ‘concerned,’ blame it on history, but whence concerned, one looks for leadership not amongst soi-disant leaders but amongst soi-disant followers. So to speak, leaders do not lead, followers do. Therefore, truly followers–meaning everyone–is a leader.”

For interested parties, the website is AfricanBloodSiblings.Wordpress.com

Hotep!

Hotep Siblings,

On my website, I write articles for African people. This one relates to leadership in the African community. It's entitled "The Allegory of the Classroom."

“Firstly, I find it apt to tell you a tale that I have heard from a child. He spoke to me wiser words than one would otherwise expect from the runt. In his little, dusty pants, the youth told me how his classroom teacher was a racist. He reported how this teacher proposed that Africans had no history. He said in this classroom, of the thirty students, ten looked about after this comment, clearly knowing better and very perturbed. The child reported on how eyes jumped to and from other eyes, to a point where each of the ten touched each of the other ten, or the sides and backs of the heads of the other 20. He went into more detail, claiming that every ‘conscious’ kid looked at every other ‘conscious’ kid and registered the ‘unconscious’ kids. So in this classroom, every concerned child looked on every other child. Finally, each eye showing a slight shyness, a lack of concern, or maybe a need for a spark, stopped and class continued; the teacher unchallenged. The story perplexed the child, but greatly informed me. You see, it takes one thing to be ‘concerned,’ blame it on history, but whence concerned, one looks for leadership not amongst soi-disant leaders but amongst soi-disant followers. So to speak, leaders do not lead, followers do. Therefore, truly followers–meaning everyone–is a leader.”

For interested parties, the website is AfricanBloodSiblings.Wordpress.com

Hotep!

Hotep and welcolm to Destee!

Analogies, prompt one to observation and analysis.

1 Observation regarding human nature, psychology, personality typology;
Out of 5 thousand people, how many are dynaminc agressives, or dynamic assertives?

2 Observation regarding human nature and economics;

Out of 5 thousand, how many would prefer
1 to go to work,
2, get a nice phatt check at the end of a week
3 and go home and enjoy quality time with their families,

and how many would desire to own their
1 own small business,
2 be concerned with the fluctuations of capitalism,
3 pay rent for the business location and the utilities
4 do the accounting, purchasing and bill pay
5 pay salaries,
6 and manage divergent personalities to work
together harmoniously,
7 and then chack each day
for quality assurance,
8 then on the weekends,
devise methodoliges to trouble shoot,
or increase the bottom line?

What are the observations from a statisitical analysis of human nature? regardless of race or ethnicity?

3 Observation of the economic ascendancy and future prosperity of ethnic groups that have,
non limelight, non photo-op, economic leadership and those that do not;
The Yemenis that practically monopolize the grocery stores in the innercities
across the nation,
the Koreans that practically monopolize the fruit and veg stores, fish markets and dry cleaners in the inner cities,
the Mexicans and other Aztec and Mayan peoples, that make up a vast amount of skilled and unskilled labor in the innercities, as well as make a 360 turn around of their dollars into their communties with Spanish speaking small businesses;

all will more then likely do very well when the national economy takes a nose dive, because they all have underground and to most of us face less economic leadership.

So in lieu of these observations;

and in observation of the African American inner city communities, and the statisitcs of where we are heading if we continue at the same rate we are going now,

analysis;
with all due respect if everyone Black as you say is a leader, according to your hypothesis, and our innercities look the way they look and function the way they barely function,
does that hypothesis, mean that we are lazy?

Hotep and welcolm to Destee!

Analogies, prompt one to observation and analysis.

1 Observation regarding human nature, psychology, personality typology;
Out of 5 thousand people, how many are dynaminc agressives, or dynamic assertives?

2 Observation regarding human nature and economics;

1 to go to work,

1 own small business,
5 pay salaries,
together harmoniously,
7 and then chack each day
for quality assurance,
8 then on the weekends,

What are the observations from a statisitical analysis of human nature? regardless of race or ethnicity?

3 Observation of the economic ascendancy and future prosperity of ethnic groups that have,
non limelight, non photo-op, economic leadership and those that do not;
The Yemenis that practically monopolize the grocery stores in the innercities
across the nation,
the Koreans that practically monopolize the fruit and veg stores, fish markets and dry cleaners in the inner cities,
the Mexicans and other Aztec and Mayan peoples, that make up a vast amount of skilled and unskilled labor in the innercities, as well as make a 360 turn around of their dollars into their communties with Spanish speaking small businesses;

all will more then likely do very well when the national economy takes a nose dive, because they all have underground and to most of us face less economic leadership.

So in lieu of these observations;

and in observation of the African American inner city communities, and the statisitcs of where we are heading if we continue at the same rate we are going now,

analysis;
with all due respect if everyone Black as you say is a leader, according to your hypothesis, and our innercities look the way they look and function the way they barely function,
does that hypothesis, mean that we are lazy?

Hotep, dear Sibling,

Perhaps I will blow your mind, or seem silly in my optimism, but to answer your questions, I'll be curt.

Question 1: All of them.

Question 2: All of them.

Question 3: I was taught to not call anyone lazy--imagine, a White man told me that it's "racist," but it's not a question of laziness as to why Africans do not do much in their communities, it's a question of mis-education.

I should add to my curtness.

For question one:
You ask how many are dynamic aggressives and dynamic assertives. Sibling, these are fancy terms far beyond the necessity of this discussion. Ask me, Brother, how many Africans do I know that will run after a cannon, being operated by a White man, see their brothers getting blown up, and continue running until they reach that cannon. Normally, I would say none--but our ancestors did that. You understand? Forget these added words of the European's lexicon--positive role models make positive role players.

For question two:
I do not usually quote White people, but I like this one: "Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, they meet at the bar." -- Drew Cary. Black people are incredibly willing to "do for self." So far, however, we do not know that we are 'doing for self.' I have asked people "Where is the nearest Black bookstore?" and they were clueless--and though there were three nearby, they pointed me down to the White bookstore! Besides that--anyone can run a small business--it's 'tough' for everyone.

For question three:
Brother, I have learned not to compare other ethnic groups to African people--their histories are different. It's worth mentioning three things: 1) I have heard that gangs fund the Asian towns [this is hearsay.] 2) Other ethnic groups get their places in the cities by way of American foreign policy [sounds farfetched.] 3) African people have done the whole independent city thing way better than any of these groups can imagine. I do not mean in Ancient times (though that's valid) but in Oklahoma. That said--it's not that we are lazy, but mis-educated.

Hotep, dear Sibling,

Perhaps I will blow your mind, or seem silly in my optimism, but to answer your questions, I'll be curt.

Question 1: All of them.

Question 2: All of them.

Question 3: I was taught to not call anyone lazy--imagine, a White man told me that it's "racist," but it's not a question of laziness as to why Africans do not do much in their communities, it's a question of mis-education.

I should add to my curtness.

For question one:
You ask how many are dynamic aggressives and dynamic assertives. Sibling, these are fancy terms far beyond the necessity of this discussion. Ask me, Brother, how many Africans do I know that will run after a cannon, being operated by a White man, see their brothers getting blown up, and continue running until they reach that cannon. Normally, I would say none--but our ancestors did that. You understand? Forget these added words of the European's lexicon--positive role models make positive role players.

They did that because they had a culture that lead their motivations and actions, as well as leaders! and that is why they are not doing it now.

Now you can use any terminology you desire, the European terminology or the African terminology for personality types, but you cannot deny the science of human nature something we analyzed and understood thousands of years before Freud and Jung

For question two:
I do not usually quote White people, but I like this one: "Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, they meet at the bar." -- Drew Cary. Black people are incredibly willing to "do for self." So far, however, we do not know that we are 'doing for self.' I have asked people "Where is the nearest Black bookstore?" and they were clueless--and though there were three nearby, they pointed me down to the White bookstore! Besides that--anyone can run a small business--it's 'tough' for everyone.
Yes and everyone can bungie jump but how many want to! you missed the point

1 to go to work,

1 own small business,
5 pay salaries,
together harmoniously,
7 and then check each day
for quality assurance,
8 then on the weekends,

For question three:
Brother, I have learned not to compare other ethnic groups to African people--their histories are different. It's worth mentioning three things: 1) I have heard that gangs fund the Asian towns [this is hearsay.] 2) Other ethnic groups get their places in the cities by way of American foreign policy [sounds farfetched.] 3) African people have done the whole independent city thing way better than any of these groups can imagine. I do not mean in Ancient times (though that's valid) but in Oklahoma. That said--it's not that we are lazy, but mis-educated.
So you are saying that inspite of a 30 thousand year history of chiefs, councils of elders and Black leadership,
http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/aprt/hd_aprt.htm

you now have a methodology to educate each and every Black person to be a leader?

Oklahoma's Black Wall street, was not called Black Main street, and was not simply some 360 funded community, it was a location of Black elite wealth where women went to Paris on steamer ships to shop and buildings were made with interiors with completely marble walls and brass fixtures.

Is that a solution for the 40% of our people living in poverty?

But lets go with your premiss, even in that circumstance there will be one or two people who will be the intitiator and organizer of this commune, not each and every.

They did that because they had a culture that lead their motivations and actions, as well as leaders! and that is why they are not doing it now.

But Brother, what is a leader? When you want to follow someone--for whom do you look? No matter who you 'isolate,' they have no qualifications until you assess them. That said--the only qualification for being assessed is presence. Therefore, everyone is a "leader" insofar as everyone is assessed for leadership. That's the point of the analogy.

You make it seem as if there's more to leadership than "meets the eyes." Everyone literally follows everyone. That's how cliques are formed.

Yes and everyone can bungie jump but how many want to! you missed the point

It's a question that one can not answer. Today, very few--but we're not talking about today. The future is amiable. You could ask--"How many Blacks want to wear Afros" and depending on the year you will get a different percentage. We need to assess "why" rather than dally over "How many?"

Truth is--a lot of White people want to bungie jump. It's not preposterous for Black people in White circles to want to bungie jump. And in a local group, bungie jumping may be better than sex. Question is "Why" not "how many?"

you now have a methodology to educate each and every Black person to be a leader?

You are using your own definition. I showed how everyone is a leader--I'm not saying that I will make everyone a leader. I am showing you that everyone follows everyone. Was the allegory unrealistic to you or do you remember looking around your classroom for whether you should say something--or better, looking around at an audience for whether you should clap?

Everyone is a leader--in that everyone follows everyone. It's not a matter of everyone having distinct qualities. If you as a Black person aren't doing much in your life--other Black people see that and follow your example. Is this farfetched to you?

Try going on a train and talking to someone. Sure enough, eventually, a third person may talk to you, and if you try it long enough, the whole train can start talking. I've never seen it--but it's not farfetched.

Oklahoma's Black Wall street, was not called Black Main street, and was not simply some 360 funded community, it was a location of Black elite wealth where women went to Paris on steamer ships to shop and buildings were made with interiors with completely marble walls and brass fixtures.

"Black elite."

But lets go with your premiss, even in that circumstance there will be one or two people who will be the intitiator and organizer of this commune, not each and every.

You are adding your own definition. The basis of conversation is listening not talking. I noticed that you mentioned this "dynamics" in another thread--maybe it's your issue--but you notice that at some point you are debating your own issue--talking rather than listening.

No where in the allegory do I add any qualifications on a leader. And I define my terms.

If you want to define your term of 'leader' as one with 'dynamic aggressiveness' and 'dynamic assertiveness' then that's your business. I do not define 'leader' as that. I do not even know what those terms mean. Or "360 funded" for that matter.

Tell me--if you solely thing that those "da's" are leadership qualities, then how can you convince yourself that rappers and models and singers are role models and leadership figures? How can you accuse 'culture' of causing issues when 'culture' by and large doesn't have these qualifications? If we must have your conversation then please answer that.

Define your terms so we can see why you are dropping them here. I have not studied economics and I definitely haven't deeply studied its lingo--which, truly, in a popular forum, should not be used without definition.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back