Black People : The African X-files!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by prometheusunbou, Mar 22, 2003.

1. prometheusunbou

prometheusunbou Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    There is allot of abuse going on in Africa by other nations, sexual abuse of children by the British and sex trade by the get this THE JAPANESE!. African children are being exploited in every way that is humanly possible by the European and Eastern world and lets not leave out the great USA, U.S oil companies are stealing oil from the mother land and giving nothing in return.
    We don't hear about any of this in the world or local news hear at home, if you want more info on this go to the BBC.com or Africa.com. I consider this the real X-FILES. one thing that I have learned to do is to print some of the info concerning afro people of the world and sharing that info with other A/As
    that do not have access to online. Knowledge is power and its up to us to carry the flame. more to come.

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    word up indeed a lot of this going on world wide

3. prometheusunbou

Ratings:
    +2
    Out of all the people that use the internet the majority of Blacks use it manly for information gathering, other non afro people use it for entertainment. We are not as stuck as they would like us to believe. As far back as 2000, studies have shown that African-Americans, are more likely to use the internet to do job research or further their careers than the average internet user.
    The Internet is the 21st century's talking drum. Blacks are more likely than whites to seek spiritual, material and other serious life pursuits on the Internet, while the online white population is more apt to be searching to buy. some of us think that we may need new leadership in the black community I say that we are the new leadership! with sites like talking drum we now have the ability to create online tribes so that we can implement positive change in the real. We are the future of our people believe it
    or not. it is the responsibility of the online A/A community to carry the info to the offline community. The internet is a powerful tool no different then the spear, as Malcolm X put it "BY ALL MEANS NECESSARY!."

4. prometheusunbou

Ratings:
    +2
    I hate to do this but I have been thinking about the oj case, I'm beginning to think that his freedom was somehow a done deal
    way before the trial began in order to start a race war. I came to this conclusion when I was reading an article, There is only
    4% A/As in LA county yet 9 A/As got on the jury, and it ended up as the trial that put court TV on the map. what do you
    think?

5. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    prometheusunbou...did America really need OJ to START a race war? I thought there's always been one going on in America...between African Americans and whites, that is. Could he have been used as a pawn? Most definitely because he put himself in a very good position to be used.

Your statistics are interesting and it does seem odd to me that 75% of the jury would be made up of Blacks with such a small number represented in such a large county. But more interesting is the trial that seemed less about a crime of murder allegedly committed by a public figure and more of a crime committed by yet another Black man who had the nerve to bed yet another white woman. That's an OLD story in this country. White America was thinking how dare he and we'll show him, and Black America was saying, what was that fool thinking?

The average white person was outraged by the verdict and there was mostly jubilation in the Black communities. But look at what has happened since. OJ is on the loose...not necessarily free. White America didn't need to put him behind bars to prove their point. All they had to do was crucify him in a public courtroom in front of the whole world, to send a message that if you're Black and you step out of line, this is what we can do to you....still!

But I wonder what every Black man who is with a white woman today thinks about the lesson taught in "OJ 101".

6. prometheusunbou

Ratings:
    +2
    WOW! good point NNQueen

7. prometheusunbou

Ratings:
    +2
    AA X-FILE THE HOODED ONE THE ARAB, ALCOHOL AND TOBACCO:
    Why are African Americans the target of these 2 industries? It is no accident that research studies have found more cigarette and alcohol billboards in predominantly black neighborhoods than predominantly white ones, also note that there are allot of Arab stores in AA communities selling not only alcohol and tobacco but drugs not only
    to adults but to kids as well. So in one aspect we have been in a silent war with the Arab and the hooded one.
    Arabs get Tax breaks to sell the hooded ones poison in the hood. What's interesting to me is that the world is
    not up in arms protesting this war, not one rally Evan for the children. In The Devil's Dictionary published 100 years ago: "coalition" is defined as the cooperation between two thieves who have their hands so deep in each others pockets that they cannot rob a third person separately, We are the third person people.

The hooded on and the Arab target the poor and under educated of the AA community (remember no
    knowledge no power.) because of the vulnerable state that they are in. Often some of you ask why
    we allow this?, why cant we stand up to this freak of nature and say no more!, no ***@#% more!
    then ride in to the sunset like shaft. This is why The shaft theory dose not work as I have seed before they target the poor uneducated segments of the AAC (AFRICAN AMERICAN COMMUNITY) thy do not target the well to do or the working class, Once they have convinced the poor and uneducated that tobacco and Alcohol can save the day then they have control. Now I know some one is wondering how the hell do you let the man just walk in and sell this to you? well tha:hot:t's not what happens, there are allot of black magazines, radio stations and hip hop mega stars that specialize in selling to and selling out there own people. This is so twilight zone but we the well
    off help him to make this to happen. NO NOT ME IM APPALLED THAT PROMETHEUS WOULD SAY THIS ABOUT ME IM SMARTER THEN THAT, OFF WITH Prometheus's HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did not say that it was voluntary ha ha, We help
    or should I say some of us help by buying some of these magazines that promote the poison and the
    vision of that half naked girl whilst some boy with his face looking like he just killed his mother and
    now wants to rape the girl. Did I get your attention? are you with me? do you smell what PROMETHEUS IS COOKING!!!!!!!!! conspiracy. if you watch BE@ you are helping the man if you shop at an Arab store you help the man. African Americans have disproportionately high rates of poverty and poor education, and also suffer from higher rates of death, disease and injury from ALCOHOL and TOBACCO. Specifically, AAMs (African American males) are at higher risk than white males for heart disease, liver disease and esophageal cancer, all of which are tied to cigarettes and/or alcohol. High rates of homicide, motor-vehicle crashes, and criminal behavior also have been linked to alcohol misuse. the types of alcohol and tobacco in the BC is more potent then what is soled to the WC. therefore in conjunction with poverty, no education and Black Advertisings, with that I present to you hell on earth. AAs in the hood often have little health education, and are not aware of the dangers of smoking and drinking. As a group, AAs are affected by inadequate health care and the aggravating effects of social and economic factors. Herein lies the vulnerability of our poor population.
    More to come.:hot:

8. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Yes, but...

Prometheus...it's obvious you have a lot to say and your message is powerful (as well as depressing). I won't challenge your data because I think many of us have heard the same things that you address. But I still have this huge BUT (no pun intended *lol*) whenever I read stuff like that. Why are we still putting ourselves in harms way? Who twists our arms to make us become national statistics?

What is the literacy rate in this country? Do you think enough people can read and understand what they read to be able to draw the same conclusions as you about what's going on?

Who do we listen to and who do we believe? When people like you and others like you try to spread this information among AA's, who is listening and taking it seriously?

What's our attention span? Are we so short sighted that we can't comprehend the seriousness of the data? Can't we look around us and recognize pathological conditions when we see it?

What's really important to the average AA in America? Is instant gratification our only goal? You see something you want and you've to have it right then? Do we only see get rich quick schemes or sports or the musical industry as our only way to achieve economic parity?

When you know that drugs can be harmful to you and trap you in an addictive vice, why want to experiment then get hooked, selling your stuff, your family's stuff and everybody else's stuff to maintain the habit? Do we see drugs/alcohol as our only solution to face reality?

I understand what you're saying, but explain who really has control over your body and your mind--you or other people?

9. prometheusunbou

Ratings:
    +2
    HI NNQ:)
    NNQ: Why are we still putting ourselves in harms way?
    PU:I think its safe to say that not all of us do, and those of us that do put there selves out there do not realize that they are until its to late. The chains of dominion are usually to small to see until they mature then thy are to hard to break. Also I believe that education and opportunity play a big part
    in decision making.
    NNQ: Do you think enough people can read and understand what they read to be able to draw the same conclusions as you about what's going on?
    PU:I have thousands of dollars invested in books on almost every subject known to man, and I have
    a computer, I have given myself to knowledge so that I can under stand what's going on, why things
    work the way they do, there is an old and ugly joke: if you want to hide something from a nig@!
    put it in a book and sad to say for some of us this holds true but there are those of us that it dose not
    and they are making positive moves to better the self and when you better the self you better the AAC. NNQ:What is the literacy rate in this country?
    PU:97% of males and 97% of females can read as of 1979.
    NNQ: Who do we listen to and who do we believe? When people like you and others like you try to spread this information among AA's, who is listening and taking it seriously?
    PU: Trust me there are allot of people that listen and take it very serious but I must remind you that
    this is an up hill battle and in battle there are always some casualties.
    NNQ: What's our attention span? Are we so short sighted that we can't comprehend the seriousness of the data? Can't we look around us and recognize pathological conditions when we see it?
    PU: In this aspect we cannot be grouped by just race as I stated before knowledge plays a big part.
    I have also mentioned that what ever we do that is positive is not covered by the media at large
    NNQ: What's really important to the average AA in America? Is instant gratification our only goal? You see something you want and you've to have it right then? Do we only see get rich quick schemes or sports or the musical industry as our only way to achieve economic parity?
    PU:I suggest that you read Don't Believe the Hype: Fighting Cultural Misinformation
    by Farai Chideya it will open your eyes to allot of the misinformation that we are given about the AAC
    the average AA in America just wants what every one else wants, the opportunity to succeed in
    American society, we want to have the dream that so many others have. some
    of us have gone all of there lives not knowing what success is, not even knowing any one that is
    successful, so when it comes there way they are clueless on edict behavior but as I stated this is
    not all of us.
    NNQ: I understand what you're saying, but explain who really has control over your body and your mind--you or other people?
    PU: We are not responsible for the mind game that was put on us but we are responsible for the deprogramming,
    NNQ: When you know that drugs can be harmful to you and trap you in an addictive vice, why want to experiment then get hooked
    PU: It is not the intention of addicts to get hooked.
    I do know that the disease of addiction is sometimes present in some individuals way before they pick up.
    NNQ: why want to experiment then get hooked, selling your stuff, your family's stuff and everybody else's stuff to maintain the habit? Do we see drugs/alcohol as our only solution to face reality?
    PU: if I am wrong I apologize, but it sounds as if you are struggling with someone that is addicted
    and thy have hurt you or someone you know dearly. any way we are not all users and its not
    a black disease it affects every race of people.

10. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    No, PU, I'm not in a personal struggle with drug addiction. I'm just a passionate person so I tend to get excited when I write sometimes. :) AND...you answered my questions. I was my intent to get some positive information put out there about AA, get some specific solutions to some of our problems..things that each of us can do...read, comprehend and act...and I'm glad to see you gathered enough facts to point us in a more positive direction. Thank you for the lift!

:toast: