Black Spirituality Religion : THE AFRICAN ORIGINS OF CHRISTIANITY...

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Aqil, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
    The ancient Nubian empire (Abyssinia, Ethiopia, northern Sudan and southern Arabia, called "Sheba") was the precursor to Egypt, which was at one time a colony of Nubia. There are older obelisks and pyramids all over Nubia, which indicates that they were also Sun worshippers. In fact, they brought this practice to Egypt when they conquered and colonized it.

The Queen of Sheba (Makeda Bilqis) was a Sun worshipper. She visited King Solomon because she heard about his wisdom. She was so enamored with him that she spent six months in his kingdom. From that union a son was born named "Bayna-Lehkem," which means "son of the wise man." It was changed to "Menelik" upon his return to Ethiopia. Solomon gave Makeda his signet ring, and Makeda converted to Judaism. This story is recorded in The Kebra Negast, The Book of the Kings (of Ethiopia).

When their son Menelik was of age to undergo Bar Mitzvah, he traveled to meet his father Solomon. Not only did Menelik resemble Solomon, but he had the signet ring given to him by his mother Makeda. The story has it that before his return home, he switched the Ark of the Covenant with an imitation, and this is how the Ark came to be in Ethiopia to this day. It is on guard at St. Mary's Church in Axum, Ethiopia.

The Beta Israel (called "Falashas") were known for their piety. They were so isolated and far removed from Jerusalem, that they did not have the influence of the rabbinical patriarchs, and therefore practiced a very pure form of Judaism. The Ethiopian eunuch in the book of Acts, ch. 8 in the Bible was in the desert reading the prophet Isaiah. He asked the apostle Phillip about whom the passage was refering to. Phillip explained that the passage pointed to "Yeshua Hamaschiach" ("Jesust the Messiah"). The eunuch requested to become baptized right then and there. He then took the news of his experience back to the Kandake (i.e., the Queen). She subsequently became a believer and declared Christianity the national religion. All the way up to Haile Selassie, Ethiopia has been a Christian country, claiming authenticity not only from Jewish roots, but also from practicing Christianity thousands of years before the Councils of Trent and Nicea!

The rock-hewn churches that populate Ethiopia were built centuries before any western missionaries came to Africa. King Lalibela built St. George's church in the city that bears his name - it was cut out of ONE piece of rock in the shape of a cross! These amazing rock-hewn churches of this 13th-century "New Jerusalem" are situated in a mountainous region in the heart of Ethiopia, near a traditional village with circular-shaped dwellings. Lalibela is a high place of Ethiopian Christianity, and is still today a place of pilmigrage and devotion...

(Much of my research cited here is from Ethiopian Archbishop Abuna Yesehaq's book, "The Ethiopian Tewahedo Church.")

2. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,383
    In all due respect for the erroneous information posted here which was not your fault totally, because you chose to quote the author without deeper research...let me state once and for all "EGYPT/KEMET WAS NOT A COLONY OF NUBIA". FURTHER MORE, THE NAMES ABYSSINIA, ETHIOPIA, SHEBA, SUDAN AND EVEN KUSH ARE RECENT NAMES HISTORICALLY SPEAKING.

As such, information regarding such places and their history would have to be researched beyond those names to obtain true historical information regarding them or anything from them.

As it may be true that the oldest Christian church as we call it is found in what we now call Ethiopia, the symbol of the cross does not and did not represent what it does now.

3. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    Once again you have proffered another falsehood. First of all I said that Egypt was at one time a colony of Nubia, as evidenced by the following excerpt from this website:

http://home.cfl.rr.com/crossland/AncientCivilizations/Ancient_Egypt/ancient_egypt.html

"As Egypt declined, Nubia regained its independence. In about 750 BC, Nubian kings marched north, adding Egypt to their own lands. For 100 years, Nubian kings ruled an empire that stretched from what is today Sudan to the Mediterranean Sea...

The Nubians saw themselves not as foreign conquerors, but as restorers of Egyptian glory. They ruled Egypt like the pharaohs of earlier centuries, respecting ancient Egyptian traditions..."

Now what is the source of YOUR information???

Abyssinia was the original name of Ethiopia, which is a Greek word; Sheba is the original name of Yemen; Sudan and Kush (both meaning "black") are Biblical names. What are their other names, historically speaking???

4. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,383
    Listen my Brother, I'm trying to maintain some peace on this thread, so I'm not trying to go all into where you got your info or anything. But again, don't mention 750 B.C. to me or Abyssinia. I'm talking about going back beyond 10,000 b.c. And as I said before. NUBIA, SUDAN, ABYSINNIA, KUSHAND ETHIOPIA ARE ALL RECENT NAMES HISTORICALLY SPEAKING!!!

FIRST OF ALL, YOU NOT EVEN SPEAKING THE LANGUAGE OF OUR PEOPLE, SO HOW YOU GONE TELL ME THE NAME OF A PLACE AS BEING AUTHENTIC? WASN'T NO GREEKS OR ROMANS OR HEBREWS ANYWHERE ON THIS EARTH AT THE TIME OF THE NAMES THAT OUR PEOPLE USED AND CALLED THEIR NATIONS. SO HOW YOU COMING TO ME WITH SOME INFO THAT YOU CLAIM IS TRUTHFUL WHEN IT ISN'T?

5. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    This insignificant statement is a non sequitur; it is not germane to the subject at hand...

You don't have to...I provided it for you...and you're being evasive. You said that "Egypt/Kemet was not a colony of Nubia..." Now is that a true statement? Did you read my response? Did you read the excerpt from the website I provided that refutes your statement? The basis of all logical thought is detailed, factual information, which you never provide..I asked you a simple question: What is the source of your information???

I will mention whatever is necessary...

Do you know what they were called in 10,000 BC?

I stand on the merits of my prior commentary re: the above...and add the following query: What were their prehistoric names then???

6. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,383
    THEN YOU STAND ON SAND...AND WHEN I'M FEELING A LITTLE MORE EMOTIONALLY CHARGED, I'M RIPPING A HOLE IN THIS GARBAGE. :skillet: :skillet: :skillet: :playball: :playball: :whip: :bam: :hammer: :hammer:

7. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    Hurry back forklifter...:laugh:

8. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,383
    I will...you post like you need a lift.

9. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    Much of my research cited here is from Ethiopian Archbishop Abuna Yesehaq's book, The Ethiopian Tewahedo Church, as I stated at the end of my thread.

It looks as if your "once-and-for-all" statement is a fabricated falsehood, for history tells us that Egypt was a colony of Nubia several times throughout their history. Here is documented evidence that validates my statement and refutes your claim:

As Egypt declined, Nubia regained its independence. In about 750 BC, Nubian kings marched north, adding Egypt to their own lands. For 100 years, Nubian kings ruled an empire that stretched from what is today Sudan to the Mediterranean Sea. The Nubians saw themselves not as foreign conquerors, but as restorers of Egyptian glory. They ruled Egypt like the pharaohs of earlier centuries, respecting ancient Egyptian traditions...

http://home.cfl.rr.com/crossland/AncientCivilizations/Ancient_Egypt/ancient_egypt.html

Now what is the source of YOUR erroneous information???

Here is more documented evidence that refutes your claim:

Piye, or Piankhy (d. 716 BC) was a Nubian king. Ruler of Nubia from 747 BC, Piye took advantage of the squabbling of Egypt's rulers and invaded the country in 728 BC, conquering Thebes and Memphis, and receiving the submission of the kings of the Nile Delta. Piye adopted the throne name "Menkheperre" ("the manifestation of Re abides"), but was much more passionate (in common with many kings of Nubia) about the worship of the god Amun-Re. He founded the 25th dynasty of Egypt, and was buried in a pyramid at el-Kurru near Gebel Barkal, a site that would come to be occupied by the tombs of several later members of the dynasty. Piye was succeeded by his brother Shabaka...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piankhy

Truth exists, my brother, only falsehood has to be invented...

10. Kwegan

Kwegan Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Mr. Keita

Keita, how are you going to disagree with the material presented without correcting the mins-info.

It seems more like an battle on who knows more, and belittling those who are misinformed, rather than a sincere and honest attempt at trying to share knowledge and light of wisdom.