Black People : The Acadamy Award for Bashing the Black man and his global Image

Let's keep in mind that Precious was written, directed and stared by black people. Like Tyler Perry WE are the ones choosing to show OURSELVES negatively, black people are supporting these negative images and then complaining that we are "being betrayed stereotypically."

Also black actors no longer HAVE to take the other roles you mentioned so who's fault is it they took those roles?
no one is blaming anyone, just pointing out as Spike Lee's movie "Bamboozled", almost prophesized,
the corporate media will hype, award and give accolade to stereotipical images.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C45g3YP7JOk

I really don't understand how some bm get upset over movies like Percious and The Color Purple. I am sure scenes from these movies happened in the lives of many bw, their story has a right to be told just like Becky or Maria. and it shouldn't be swept under a rug in attempt to save anyones image.

Black women can't make u look bad, u make urself look bad.

no one is blaming anyone, just pointing out as Spike Lee's movie "Bamboozled", almost prophesized,
the corporate media will hype, award and give accolade to stereotipical images.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C45g3YP7JOk

I agree except for your conclusion concerning Avatar. The white folks themselves could not defeat the native culture and in particular the spiritual power which gave them life. The TRUE heroine in the movie was Zoe Saldana's character who taught yt everything he learned about the native culture.

I agree except for your conclusion concerning Avatar. The white folks themselves could not defeat the native culture and in particular the spiritual power which gave them life. The TRUE heroine in the movie was Zoe Saldana's character who taught yt everything he learned about the native culture.

I think Anhkur's point is that it's yet another movie where a non white culture is being invaded by white people and one of the white people "sees the light" and joins the non white people to fight his own people in a effort to appear like a savior of sorts when they could save themselves.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back