Africa : THE 5 MAJOR AFRICAN INITIATION RITES...

Isaiah

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 8, 2004
Hey, brother Pan, I thought I would bring this web page over to the PanAfrican forum so that we could get some feedback from Continental brothers and sisters on the importance of these African customs to them, as individuals, as well as to the African collective...

Reading about the phases(rites of passage) which Africans attempt to prepare their children right through to the elders, is marvelously fascinating... I am filled with a sense of happiness on one hand, but sadness on the other, for African Americans seem not to regard the customs of our ancestors as important, as legitimate social and cultural expressions of a world historical people...

I would that we African Americans would know and understand that we come from this, and unto this we must return if we are to return WHOLE to that which brought us here... I hope we can have a discussion on these initiation rites, especially with our brethren and sistren from the Motherland... I want to know what impact has the experience of these rites of passage had on your life, and do you still remember what your personal experience was like??? How can we African Americans return to rites of initiation for our children, our daughters, sons, elders??? Anyone have any suggestions???

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28700

Peace!
Isaiah

panafrica said:
I think this is fascinating information brother Isaiah, thank you for introducing it to the PanAfrican forum. Hopefully we will get some feedback from our Continental brothers & sisters.

Yeah, bruh, hopefully we can get Sisters Fanyambo, Kwango Likemba, and brother African Prince to expound on their personal experiences with African Initiations Rites... Perhaps, We could use their personal experiences in encouraging us to call them into practice again, here in the wilderness of North America...

Peace!
Isaiah

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back