Black People : The 5 Grossest Things You're Eating

HODEE

Alonewolf
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003
Vietnam black tiger shrimp
Farmers inject gel into shrimp body to gain weight and size
Some shrimp I bought in Santa Cruz were large Prawns. They had this jelly like substance within their dirt line. The store was Whole Foods,and they labeled these shrimp as coming from the gulf of Louisiana. They were gross to clean and now I know they were loaded with gel. You cant trust the United States stores. They will buy foreign shrimp and mislabel the shrimp to move it. Knowing this trend of consumption is dropping all over the globe. They are now resorting to mislabeling and trying to now fool us. The imports have been heavy since 2005. Could this be a cause of the recent out breaks of sickness we see and that is experienced in America.

By the numbers, shrimp is America’s No. 1 seafood by a long shot, and a whopping 85 percent of the shrimp we eat is imported. Some is farmed, and some is wild. And when it arrives in the U.S., almost none of this food is ever inspected.
It's caught here, frozen shipped to china, thawed, processed and cleaned and frozen and shipped back in many cases. Where is the safety, and what we have no one here to take that job? America needs a wake UP!

If they cry when the daily movie attendance drops 44% in one day.. imagine the crying if the shrimp industry dropped by 85% a few times. If they ask why? Just say and they should know we deserve, and we demand better food and food processing and handling. A job or two wouldn't hurt either.

How many enjoy eating a pasta dish with shrimp, eating fried shrimp or tilapia baked or fried fish? When you eat these at a restaurant, you do not get to see where the seafood was packaged and shipped from. But if you are buying these seafood pieces from the market, be it fresh or frozen. Have you noticed that a lot of it comes from China, Indonesia, or Mexico?

In the olden days the king would have someone tastes test his food to be sure it was safe to eat. If an enemy of the kingdom or country wanted to poison the king all they did was tainted the water these came from.

How safe do you feel eating these seafood products coming from overseas?

I like eating fish, and shrimp, but have almost quit buying it or consuming it because it is shipped from sources that have little or no standards for safety. I bought some large shrimp that came from the gulf, I won’t do that again. They were some of the dirtiest and gross shrimp I ever had to devein. Those shrimp are still not safe to consume. Across the back they are grey and look like they have been contaminated. Yuck…

If a group wanted to hurt Americans. It will be in our imported food. Beware!

Stop buying these bad foods and opting to be more selective, like baking our own bread, making our own dressing and cutting cereal out of our children’s diet we can begin to make a difference in our lives and how the economy relates to our health.

Change makes Change!
;);)

Take first your health, then get your wealth for the real value is in you.

Gross Food #5: Grain products
gross-food-feathers_0.jpg

Why it’s gross: Many packaged breads and baked goods contain L-cysteine—a non-essential amino acid made from dissolved human hair (often from China) or duck feathers (mmmm). Food manufacturers use the ingredient as a commercial dough conditioner, meant to improve the texture of breads and baked goods.
Why it’s bad: Eating something derived from the human body violates the religious and ethical beliefs of Muslims and vegans. Plus, eew! If you want to avoid ingesting hair and feathers—and really, who doesn’t?—try eating unprocessed whole grains like oats and brown rice, and make your own baked goods whenever possible
==========================================

Gross Food #4: Shrimp
shrimp_0.jpg

Why it’s gross: Depending on where your shrimp comes from, it could be tainted with chemicals used to clean filthy shrimp-farm pens. Just as disgusting, farmed shrimp from overseas is often full of antibiotics, mouse and rat hair, and pieces of insects (yummy!).
Why it’s bad: Only about 2 percent of all imported seafood is inspected, meaning this nasty stuff is making its way onto your plate. Contaminated shrimp tends to come from critters imported from overseas shrimp farms, so if you’re looking for safer—and more appetizing—options, choose domestic shrimp.
======================================
http://thepenguinpress.com/book/american-catch-the-fight-for-our-local-seafood/
In 2005, the United States imported twelve billion dollars’ worth of seafood, nearly double what we had imported ten years earlier.
===========================
SHRIMP MARKET REPORT 2014

http://www.reportlinker.com/report/...group=Shrimp&gclid=COvf_6Wstr8CFcRffgods3sANQ
========================================
Gross Food #3: Salad dressing
paint-can_0.jpg

Why it’s gross: Big food corporations often add the chemical titanium dioxide—commonly found in paints and sunscreens—to processed foods like salad dressing, coffee creamers, and canned icing to make them appear whiter.
Why it’s bad:
Titanium dioxide is a component of the metallic element titanium, a mined substance that's sometimes contaminated with toxic lead. Plus, most white dressings (like cream-based ranch) aren’t great for you anyway. Both your health and your waistline will fare better if you go with an olive oil- or vinegar-based salad topper instead. Or, better yet, make your dressing at home.
=================================

Gross Food #2: Jelly beans
jelly_bean_history_2.jpg

Why it's gross: Many artificial food dyes—found in hundreds of everyday foods—are made from petroleum-derived materials. Food producers use these chemical dyes in cereals and candy to make them more “fun” for kids, in pickles to make them appear fresher, and in place of real ingredients in a variety of other packaged foods. Betty Crocker Carrot Cake Mix, for example, is actually a carrot-free product, with “carrot flavored pieces” cooked up from corn syrup and artificial colors Yellow 6 and Red 40. (We reveal more insidious ingredients hiding on supermarket shelves in the 15 Scariest Food Additives.)
Why it’s bad: Orange and purple food dyes have been shown to impair brain function, and other dyes have been linked to ADHD and behavioral problems in kids, as well as brain-cell toxicity. And not only are these additives potentially hazardous, but they’re also a rip-off! It’s cheaper for food companies to use fake dyes in place of real ingredients, so you end up with food frauds like Tropicana Twister Cherry Berry Blast, a “juice” product without a trace of cherry or berry juice (check out our full list of the 20 Worst Drinks in America). Get your brightly colored foods from the produce aisle only!
================================
Gross Food #1: Mushrooms
gross-food-mushrooms_0.jpg

Why it’s gross: The FDA legally allows 19 maggots—tiny, rice-shaped fly larvae that feast on rotting foods—and 74 mites in every 3.5-ounce can of mushrooms. Bon appetit!
Why it’s bad: While maggots do have their place in the medical world—they can help heal ulcers and other wounds—most of us would agree that they don’t have a place in our mouths. Opt for fresh mushrooms instead, and if you need another reason to ditch canned goods, consider this: Most are lined with bisphenol A (or BPA), a plastic chemical that causes unnatural hormonal changes linked to heart attacks, obesity, and certain cancers.

Last edited:
Right on Brother Excellent information. I love shrimp but only fresh gulf shrimp.
When I am home in New Orleans I have a spot where I trap shrimp crawfish and blue crab. I know catfish is the buzzard of the sea but I that’s my favorite fish. I have a cousin that wrestles and kills gators so we keep gator meat. I cook Rabbit a couple times a year and Deer once a year. We grow most veggies nothing like fresh home grown veggies. We had a bunch of chickens and egg laying hens. Fresh chicken and eggs taste better than what you get in the store.

Good points brutha shaka. I don't eat seafood, but I do like bread. Looks like I'm going to have to pull out the old bread maker.

Peace!

It's caught here, frozen shipped to china, thawed, processed and cleaned and frozen and shipped back in many cases. Where is the safety, and what we have no one here to take that job? America needs a wake UP!

If they cry when the daily movie attendance drops 44% in one day.. imagine the crying if the shrimp industry dropped by 85% a few times. If they ask why? Just say and they should know we deserve, and we demand better food and food processing and handling. A job or two wouldn't hurt either.

How many enjoy eating a pasta dish with shrimp, eating fried shrimp or tilapia baked or fried fish? When you eat these at a restaurant, you do not get to see where the seafood was packaged and shipped from. But if you are buying these seafood pieces from the market, be it fresh or frozen. Have you noticed that a lot of it comes from China, Indonesia, or Mexico?

In the olden days the king would have someone tastes test his food to be sure it was safe to eat. If an enemy of the kingdom or country wanted to poison the king all they did was tainted the water these came from.

How safe do you feel eating these seafood products coming from overseas?

I like eating fish, and shrimp, but have almost quit buying it or consuming it because it is shipped from sources that have little or no standards for safety. I bought some large shrimp that came from the gulf, I won’t do that again. They were some of the dirtiest and gross shrimp I ever had to devein. Those shrimp are still not safe to consume. Across the back they are grey and look like they have been contaminated. Yuck…

Stop buying these bad foods and opting to be more selective, like baking our own bread, making our own dressing and cutting cereal out of our children’s diet we can begin to make a difference in our lives and how the economy relates to our health.

;);)

Gross Food #5: Grain products
gross-food-feathers_0.jpg

Why it’s gross: Many packaged breads and baked goods contain L-cysteine—a non-essential amino acid made from dissolved human hair (often from China) or duck feathers (mmmm). Food manufacturers use the ingredient as a commercial dough conditioner, meant to improve the texture of breads and baked goods.
Why it’s bad: Eating something derived from the human body violates the religious and ethical beliefs of Muslims and vegans. Plus, eew! If you want to avoid ingesting hair and feathers—and really, who doesn’t?—try eating unprocessed whole grains like oats and brown rice, and make your own baked goods whenever possible
==========================================

Gross Food #4: Shrimp
shrimp_0.jpg

Why it’s gross: Depending on where your shrimp comes from, it could be tainted with chemicals used to clean filthy shrimp-farm pens. Just as disgusting, farmed shrimp from overseas is often full of antibiotics, mouse and rat hair, and pieces of insects (yummy!).
Why it’s bad: Only about 2 percent of all imported seafood is inspected, meaning this nasty stuff is making its way onto your plate. Contaminated shrimp tends to come from critters imported from overseas shrimp farms, so if you’re looking for safer—and more appetizing—options, choose domestic shrimp.
========================================
Gross Food #3: Salad dressing
paint-can_0.jpg

Why it’s gross: Big food corporations often add the chemical titanium dioxide—commonly found in paints and sunscreens—to processed foods like salad dressing, coffee creamers, and canned icing to make them appear whiter.
Why it’s bad:
Titanium dioxide is a component of the metallic element titanium, a mined substance that's sometimes contaminated with toxic lead. Plus, most white dressings (like cream-based ranch) aren’t great for you anyway. Both your health and your waistline will fare better if you go with an olive oil- or vinegar-based salad topper instead. Or, better yet, make your dressing at home.
=================================

Gross Food #2: Jelly beans
jelly_bean_history_2.jpg

Why it's gross: Many artificial food dyes—found in hundreds of everyday foods—are made from petroleum-derived materials. Food producers use these chemical dyes in cereals and candy to make them more “fun” for kids, in pickles to make them appear fresher, and in place of real ingredients in a variety of other packaged foods. Betty Crocker Carrot Cake Mix, for example, is actually a carrot-free product, with “carrot flavored pieces” cooked up from corn syrup and artificial colors Yellow 6 and Red 40. (We reveal more insidious ingredients hiding on supermarket shelves in the 15 Scariest Food Additives.)
Why it’s bad: Orange and purple food dyes have been shown to impair brain function, and other dyes have been linked to ADHD and behavioral problems in kids, as well as brain-cell toxicity. And not only are these additives potentially hazardous, but they’re also a rip-off! It’s cheaper for food companies to use fake dyes in place of real ingredients, so you end up with food frauds like Tropicana Twister Cherry Berry Blast, a “juice” product without a trace of cherry or berry juice (check out our full list of the 20 Worst Drinks in America). Get your brightly colored foods from the produce aisle only!
================================
Gross Food #1: Mushrooms
gross-food-mushrooms_0.jpg

Why it’s gross: The FDA legally allows 19 maggots—tiny, rice-shaped fly larvae that feast on rotting foods—and 74 mites in every 3.5-ounce can of mushrooms. Bon appetit!
Why it’s bad: While maggots do have their place in the medical world—they can help heal ulcers and other wounds—most of us would agree that they don’t have a place in our mouths. Opt for fresh mushrooms instead, and if you need another reason to ditch canned goods, consider this: Most are lined with bisphenol A (or BPA), a plastic chemical that causes unnatural hormonal changes linked to heart attacks, obesity, and certain cancers.

:toast:

Thank you very much for this info brutha Hodee, I will be sharing it with the family, and other folks I know.

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back