Black People : The 5 Best Black Forums On The Internet

Isnt BVs still barely around. Though it is owned by Huffington. I think the original Afronet is still in existence. And there was another black site from back in the day. I heard someone mention it recently. The name escapes me
:em3000:

All good questions, but I ain't gonna blow up :bomb: what little brains I have :storm: tryin to figure out the answers :pi sunglasses: ... :worm:Ima be satisfied with the information we're #1

:rofl:

Black Planet

Black Planet

Good name just superficial in nature.

... Gary Dauphin, an original employee of BlackPlanet, argues that while the ethnicity of the site's owners is important to understanding the site, owners of one ethnicity can sometimes serve an audience of another ethnicity. "BlackPlanet, where I got my start on the Web, was owned for most of its early life by a largely Asian American group, and I would venture that that period was the site's finest hour. The ownership wasn't African-American, but it did understand the underlying call to service implied in running an ethnic site, and moreover, they had high ambitions for their company as a Web community platform provider that raised the bar for BP overall."[16]

Prince, R. (2011-03-08), "On the Internet, does anyone know whether you're black or Latino", Poynter, retrieved 2011-04-19
Lawsuit[edit]

In October 2011, an anonymous model filed a federal lawsuit against BlackPlanet.com regarding a 2007 incident in which she was drugged and raped by two men who met the woman through the website. The two men (40-year-old Lavont Flanders, Jr. and 45-year-old Emerson Callum) were convicted by a federal jury in Miami in December 2011 of multiple sex-related and conspiracy charges and were sentenced to life in prison.[17] [18] The woman alleges that BlackPlanet.com "failed to warn women about the dangers of sexual predators". The site’s parent company told the Miami Herald it “vehemently” denies the allegations.[19][20]

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2011/10/model_files_suit_against_men_w.php

Good name just superficial in nature.

... Gary Dauphin, an original employee of BlackPlanet, argues that while the ethnicity of the site's owners is important to understanding the site, owners of one ethnicity can sometimes serve an audience of another ethnicity. "BlackPlanet, where I got my start on the Web, was owned for most of its early life by a largely Asian American group, and I would venture that that period was the site's finest hour. The ownership wasn't African-American, but it did understand the underlying call to service implied in running an ethnic site, and moreover, they had high ambitions for their company as a Web community platform provider that raised the bar for BP overall."[16]

Prince, R. (2011-03-08), "On the Internet, does anyone know whether you're black or Latino", Poynter, retrieved 2011-04-19
Lawsuit[edit]

In October 2011, an anonymous model filed a federal lawsuit against BlackPlanet.com regarding a 2007 incident in which she was drugged and raped by two men who met the woman through the website. The two men (40-year-old Lavont Flanders, Jr. and 45-year-old Emerson Callum) were convicted by a federal jury in Miami in December 2011 of multiple sex-related and conspiracy charges and were sentenced to life in prison.[17] [18] The woman alleges that BlackPlanet.com "failed to warn women about the dangers of sexual predators". The site’s parent company told the Miami Herald it “vehemently” denies the allegations.[19][20]

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2011/10/model_files_suit_against_men_w.php

It was my original foray into internet chatting

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back