Black People : The 3 Lies That Keep Blacks in Slavery!!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by A007, Aug 3, 2003.

1. A007

A007 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +115
    Lie Number 1)

MONEY (or the love of money) IS THE ROOT TO ALL EVIL!!

We have believed this for so long that it is a regular part of our lives. And because we believe that lie (conscienously or not) many of our plights to be equal never focus on the one thing that would make us equal....MONEY!!

Now don't get me wrong, I understand that money is not the most important thing in the world....LOVE IS (thats another topic entirely). But the vast majortiy of Blacks and most whites have no idea that all of this racism and dislike between the races is ECONOMIC at its core. Slavery was about money, them setting us free was about money, the reason they dislike us is about money (even though most do not realize it), the formation of the KKK was about money, equality is about money, and most of the problems in OUR communities are about money (or the lack thereof).

Money or the love of it is not the root to all evil....a woman drowning her kids in a bathtub has nothing to do with money, kids shooting up their schools have nothing to do with money, men kid-napping little girls to rape them has nothing to do with money, and there are a host of other evils which take place that have nothing to do with money or the love of it!!!

The statement is in the King James Version of the Bible so we believed it. King James had that translated like that so his subjects whom were very God-fearing would not focus on thier aquiring wealth so that he would not have to fight for it. The Hebrew translation is "The love of money is the root to many different kinds of evil" And that IS true. But not even close to ALL evil.

Lie Number 2)

In order to aquire any measure of financial success, outside of sports or entertainment, in this country one must have a good FORMAL education, i.e. college degree.

This is the second biggest CON fed to our children, and believed by us that the country has ever produced. Colleges exist for ONE reason....to make money like any other BUSINESS. We have bought into this for generations upon generations to where it is ingrained in us.

First let me say, that I have been to college, have enough hours for two degrees, but don't have one because I came to this conclusion about college while in college (i hope that made since).
    I do believe that college has its place. There are some professions such as doctor, engineer, etc. that will require college, by the way attorney is not one of them, but if you do your homework you will find that these 'high' paying professions on average make less than salespeople with no degree..i.e. real-estate agents, car salemen, etc. But I don't believe that formal education is the way out of our generational poverty. They do not teach us the things we need to know to get ahead but only the things we need to survive, i.e. get a job. (Just Over Broke).
    We have to learn about the REAL value of money. It is not being consumers that make our money powerful but producers. Schools do not teach us the most important things about money like how to balance a check book, how to invest, how to manage our money, how to manage our credit, how to become a producer, how to save, how NOT to spend, how to share, how to obtain it etc. We are taught the basics to get a job, to work for somebody, and be controlled. They (employers) control our income. They control our schedule. They control our self-esteem. They control our stress and many many other things in our life. That is all formal education teaches us. We need to educate ourselves about those aspects of money and power. I mean over 70 percent of African-American adults do not own a library card!

What this thinking about formal education has caused is a low amount of hope and even lower amount of self-esteem in our communities for those who do not do well in the school system. So... they become like crabs in a barrell pulling many of those who are capable down with them because they want others to be in the same boat that they are in.

The fact is that Oprah Winfrey, Madaam C.J. Walker, Bill Gates, Dave Thomas, Sam Walton, Henry Ford, Nelson Rockerfeller and countless others have become among the wealthiest in the world WITHOUT A COLLEGE DEGREE! Henry Ford and Dave Thomas did not make it out of grade school. If we educate ourselves in the areas of business and entrepreneurship we can obtain some measure of financial stability in our communities and start to aquire some real equality in terms of access and opportunity.

Lie Number 3)

The African-American battle for prosperity and equallity is a spiritual one.

I have the most to say about this but I will keep it short. Simply put.... we are fighting the wrong war in this regard. If our war is an economic one, how do we expect to win fighting spiritual battles. Its like we are in the wrong game. They are playing football and we are play tennis. We are just not equipped to fight them. We are in churchs, mosques, temples, etc. and they are in the board and senate rooms.

I understand and agree with the fight for morality and family values in our communities. However, that is not the battle we are losing. They are just as amoral and splintered as we are yet they have control of the money and thus all the power. The reason we a losing our youth to the media and entertainment powers that be are the financial rewards they see there. Even though most of us know that it is an illusion, THEY DO NOT. They believe it is real and lasting. And rather than fight the financial battle with financial education and weapons, we try to send our children to church. This is where they learn that the Love of money is the root to all evil. So because they really desire money, they equate themselves with being evil. This cycle stifiles their spirituality in such a way that we permanantly lose some of our youth.

I am not saying that spiritual gain is not important. In fact it is the most important because it is where true love comes from. However, one can not win the war of economics by fighting battles of spiritual warfare.

Even though the prior are MHO's this much is fact:

80 percent of all wealth in america is controlled by 20 percent of the population.

of the 20 percent that controls most of the wealth 99 percent is white

of the 20 percent 60 percent do not consider themselves sprititual people

65 percent of the wealthiest do not have college degrees

A LARGE percent of the 80 percent whom are not wealthy have never read a book about economics or finances outside of school.

I conclude with this question.

If they control all of the information that we take in.. i.e. (education), then wouldn't that allow them to control us?

2. Hesaid

Hesaid Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    AAAAAMMMMMEENN!

'one can not win the war of economics by fighting battles of spiritual warfare.'

fantastic post!

can a get another AMEN!

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    yes yes yes !!!!
    word up

4. j'hiah

j'hiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +70
    l agree 99%. the 1% l disagree is the part where you input " ...them setting us free... " (although this was not the core of your post).

peace.

5. A007

A007 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +115
    Hesaid and Rich

Thank you for the positive feedback.

J'hiah

I understand how people would disagree with my statement about them setting us free, but us being set free was a byproduct and a political weapon used to keep the south as part of the union.....which was strickly an economic concern for the U.S. What do you think?

Thanks for your reply and I look forward to you next one.

6. MORE

MORE Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    wow , u have some very interesting points! very informative and real! espeicially the note about college degrees!! 90% of the folk i have met who are absolutely successful have no college degree!

keep on ! this is slick! all the way around!:toast: :toast: :toast:

7. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Great points... another thing that keeps us enslaved is that we let ourselves be inundated by the "prejudice" and "hatred" of others towards us (racism), instead of summing up and relying on the love we have for each other-- or should have.

When we start just saying, that is "your" problem things can change, when we start believing it-- things WILL change.

8. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Good points about money, however... what has been fundamentally overlooked, is that we are at war with principalities. i.e. the Powers in the Vatican. These are the real banksters. A thorough overstanding of who and what is manipulating the economy is called for here.

To liberate us from the yoke of this beast will take more than just money. This beast is using our "science" to keep us in light code lock down, but he will turn around and call us pagans and heathens. Look very carefully at the dollar bill. You'll see that it is inundated with cryptic codes and images based on what we taught back in khemet. But it says in God we trust right? They're referring to their god in Rome. Money has a specific and particulate energy, we must demystify what it stands for... today, as a means to take control of our own destiny.

9. Hesaid

Hesaid Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    A007
    If your talking about the forseeing of the industrial revolution, of course, it appears that
    nothing is done from moral obligation though there are many who see beyond capitalism but
    there's often some financial gain along the line. Im sure it was the use of machinary that
    conveniently helped the slaves become free as (I predict) the internet will do the rest.
    Thats all the favour we need from God we should be able to handle the rest.
    In all honesty my personal belief is Morally
    many white people truly dont know. They get confused with all kinds of givens.
    I remember one time a guy in NewYork died in
    a fire cos he went back to save a cat. How often do they protest to save a rare penguin in the antartic when thousands are dieing
    at home. Morally confused so the protesting to
    theire morality is way too short a reach.
    I too say defeat them in their own game of economics.
    The reason i agreed so much with your post is because I am realising these things now. We
    often pray for things in a manner of
    "any minute now its gonna drop from the sky"
    when its really a matter of hard work,statistics and calculated risk . Basically mathematics and
    research. These revelations came from me questioning why atheists often have such material blessings (as im sure many of us ask)
    The answer is, the fact that they dont depend
    on God makes them give 100% and not
    expect a gift to fall from the sky.
    I feel that post needs to echo in cyberspace forever.

10. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Great and powerful post, Dre'. The responses are outstanding as well. Have you heard the saying that "A" students teach "B" students how to work FOR "C" students? :)

I have a question for Sekhemu because I need some clarification.

Exactly what did you mean when you wrote:

"Money has a specific and particulate energy, we must demystify what it stands for... today, as a means to take control of our own destiny."

Where does money's energy flow from and exactly how do you demystify it? Are the 3 lies that A007 wrote about what makes money mystical in your opinion and do you think that once we stop believing these lies we can free ourselves enough to do what it takes to accumulate money?