Black Entertainment : the 2005 oscars

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Therious, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    usually i dont watch this mess but the fact chris rock was hosting it made me want 2 watch. i almost fell out when he introduced john travolta as "oprahs favotite white man". seems like hollywood like corporate amerikkka is turning to rappers to sell their goods. sean combs introducing, j-z (what does jigga have 2 do with movies?) in the audience getting mad camera attention. was glad to see brother jamie foxx get best actor.

peace

2. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    If I were you my brotha, I would just be happy to keep this in mind.

Fact of the matter is if every African in Amerikkka took off and went to another country, Amerikkka would be nothing but a dry Aprikkkot! :uhoh:

Even Hollywood goes through their days of Contradiction!

CD

3. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Oscar night was grand last night.

Jaime Foxx won best actor, Morgan Freeman was best supporting actor. Sophie Okendou got robbed for best supporting actress, and also Tupac Resurrection was noimtated for an oscar too.

Thank God the Academy decided not to be racist last night. If Jaime would have lost, there would have been riots all across america :)

4. diakonos

diakonos Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    What was that writting on the back of Jamie Foxx's head? Was it a tattoo, or did a barber cut the letters into his haircut? Could anyone make out what the writting said?

5. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    it's an abstract fake tatoo for a war film that he is shooting right now called jarhead...that cat has come a long way since in living color...word

one love
    khasm

6. starsky79

starsky79 New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    First, let me start by saying that Jamie FOxx was amazing in Ray and earned every last bit of that oscar last night. But I honestly thought Don Cheadle should have won for Hotel Rwanda.

and Cedric, if any group of people left, everyone else would be toast. If all the white people left, we'd be toast. If all the mexicans left, we'd be toast. If all of us left, they'd all be fired. You know why? that's what happens when you lose millions of people.

Sophie Okendou did not deserve an oscar. I didn't think she was that good.l

Chris rock kicked *** last night. He was able to shake things up like nobody's ever done at the oscars. The stuffiest show on earth was just a little less stuffy last night thatnks to Chris.

7. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    it was great Rock did his thing mixing it up and Freeman , Foxx took home
    the oscar .

8. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    OK. I'll agree with you for now, but just note that there are more black people in the movie theaters than anyone else. We crave entertainment!

CD

9. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Now that's comedy. :D

10. molasis

molasis Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Oh my goodness ... I was sooooo happy to see Jamie Foxx take home the leading actor award ... I could have turned the T.V. off then ... I loved what he had to say about his grandmother, that was truly beautiful ... Jay-Z was getting major camera action but maybe it had to do with the fact that his "wifey" was singing ALL the songs that night ... even though Beyonce' isn't may favorite person she did sing that second song quite well I believe ... that last song for Polar Express did not sound good though ... glad to see Morgan Freeman walk away with best supporting actor. It was lovely to see Chris Rock hosting even though he isn't the first black person to host the oscars it was the first black that wasn't "safe" and it was a milestone for comedians I believe. In an interview with Steve Harvey, Chris stated that he was going to shake things up a bit but not too much because he didn't feel like hosting the Source Awards next year :laugh: ... I think he achieved that. :terrific: