Black History : The 1619 Project

:great:

Nikole Hannah-Jones, Pulitzer Prize Winner, Winds Down With Silk Pillowcases, TJ Maxx PJs, and $10 Candles

On self-care
I love products and all that stuff, but I had never given “self-care” as a concept a lot of thought. After the 1619 Project came out and I started giving talks, during the Q&A, it was almost inevitable that it would come up. Wherever I went, someone—almost always a black woman—would want to know about how I handled self-care.

:picture:
44ddb0e6836cae958f11ec23afbed72c

Mattie Kahn

How #BlackLivesMatter’s Alicia Garza is still fighting for democracy during the COVID-19 pandemic

One way Garza has been dealing with mental and emotional wellbeing during the pandemic is using essential oils. “When I realized that I was trying to work during a global pandemic, it actually shifted my expectations of myself, of what I could produce, [and] how to prioritize the things that meant something to me.”
Depending on how she’s feeling and what needs to get done, Garza recommends different oils. “If I really need to focus because I have a lot of work to do, I use eucalyptus oils or rosemary oils,” Garza explains. “If I'm finding that my stress level is super high and like my heart is beating up in my neck, I definitely will use a lavender oil. If I need a little bit of clarity, I'll use a lemon oil.”

Carisse Moy

UNC student body president pens letter of outrage over Nikole Hannah-Jones

Biba Adams

Figures :facepalm:

Major Donor Lobbied Against UNC Hiring Nikole Hannah-Jones Over ‘1619 Project’: Report

1622848407680.png

Just, wow: “Long before Nikole Hannah Jones won her Pulitzer Prize,” Hussman, the biggest donor to UNC’s journalism school, wrote, “courageous white southerners risking their lives standing up for the rights of blacks were winning Pulitzer prizes, too.”

Sanjana Karanth
·Reporter, HuffPost

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back