Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:great:

Nikole Hannah-Jones, Pulitzer Prize Winner, Winds Down With Silk Pillowcases, TJ Maxx PJs, and $10 Candles

On self-care
I love products and all that stuff, but I had never given “self-care” as a concept a lot of thought. After the 1619 Project came out and I started giving talks, during the Q&A, it was almost inevitable that it would come up. Wherever I went, someone—almost always a black woman—would want to know about how I handled self-care.

:picture:
44ddb0e6836cae958f11ec23afbed72c

Mattie Kahn

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:great:

How #BlackLivesMatter’s Alicia Garza is still fighting for democracy during the COVID-19 pandemic

One way Garza has been dealing with mental and emotional wellbeing during the pandemic is using essential oils. “When I realized that I was trying to work during a global pandemic, it actually shifted my expectations of myself, of what I could produce, [and] how to prioritize the things that meant something to me.”
Depending on how she’s feeling and what needs to get done, Garza recommends different oils. “If I really need to focus because I have a lot of work to do, I use eucalyptus oils or rosemary oils,” Garza explains. “If I'm finding that my stress level is super high and like my heart is beating up in my neck, I definitely will use a lavender oil. If I need a little bit of clarity, I'll use a lemon oil.”

Carisse Moy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : Republican state lawmakers want to punish schools that teach the 1619 Project Black Education / Schools 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : BLM's Alicia Garza Launches Census Project To Mobilize Black Political Power Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Liberty Black Women : How the AMERICAN WOMAN Project Aims to Make Black Women the Face of America Black Women 1
Gorilla Science and Technology : Techies Project - Portrait and Interviews Science and Technology 1
Liberty Black Money Business Jobs : Rev. Jesse Jackson Announces 2016 Wall Street Project Economic Summit Black Money Business Jobs 13
Liberty Internet Technology : Twitter’s Former News Manager Talks About His Current Project “Today In #BlackTwitter” Science and Technology 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : the swan dreams project..... Black Entertainment 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Ancient Church Uncovered During Highway Project in Israel Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
1poetsought Black People : Being There - The Ron Finley Project Black People Open Forum 2
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Using the Gulf Monarchies to Project US Power in the Region is Unraveling Black People Politics 0
shaka64 Black People : Lupita Nyong’o new project Black People Open Forum 3
RAPTOR Black Spirituality Religion : "The Ebony Exodus Project: Why Some Black Women Are Walking Out on Religion—and Others Should Too" Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 19
Kongolini Zulu Mau Black People : "YOU CANNOT REFLECT And PROJECT THAT WHICH IS NOT PRESENT" Black People Open Forum 4
RAPTOR Black People Politics : "War Is A Lie": Project for the New American Century Black People Politics 0
S Audio Video Web Conferencing : THE MICHAEL COLYAR PROJECT Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
jamesfrmphilly Science and Technology : teen girl arrested, charged with FELONY for science project Science and Technology 60
Gorilla Science and Technology : Biodiversity Information Serving Our Nation (BISON) system - A Mapping Project Science and Technology 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Bravo Green-Lights 17 New Series, Renews 18 Shows and Announces Spin-Off Project for Phaedra Parks Black Entertainment 0
cherryblossom Black Positive People : Project SHINE: Patience Lehrman Black People Doing Positive Things 2
S Science and Technology : The "Kill Math" Project Science and Technology 0
Corvo Black People : Save Nubia Project Black People Open Forum 4
MsVeraisblessed Black People : What if the elevator breaks .... Project Housing Black People Open Forum 25
Keita Kenyatta Black People : The Negro Project Margaret Sanger's Eugenic Plan for Black Americans Black People Open Forum 0
Keita Kenyatta Black People : University of Albany Suspends Mind Control Implant Research Project Black People Open Forum 1
Indigo Blues Black Spirituality Religion : Has anyone heard of Project Blue Beam - Is this the Anti Christ? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 5
Writeous1 Black People : Just Finished My Political Video Project - The Dope Plan Black People Open Forum 9
cherryblossom Black Positive People : The Sankofa Project Black People Doing Positive Things 2
Ankhur Black People : Project for the New American Century/ A work in Progress? Black People Open Forum 1
ibrahim Ghana : The Pencil Project. Ghana, West Africa. Ghana 6
Ankhur Black People : Bill Gates; new project, male sterilization with Ultra-sound???!!!!! Black People Open Forum 1
MsInterpret Black People : Ala. commune head has new project despite past Black People Open Forum 2
cherryblossom Black Children : (YPP) Young People's Project Black Children 2
Writspirit Black People : The Venus Project Black People Open Forum 38
Knowledge Seed Black People : The Venus Project Black People Open Forum 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Group Think : Destee - Schedule Change for GroupThink Project - Group Group Think Project-Group 51
Clyde C Coger Jr Group Think : GroupThink Project - Group Group Think Project-Group 24
ibrahim Black People : THE JOSEPH PROJECT. DID YOU SEE IT? Black People Open Forum 3
U Sierra Leone : Support the Community Fishing Project in Oloshoro, Sierra Leone Sierra Leone 2
P Black People : Project Partners Wanted_Meditation Technology Black People Open Forum 0
Blackbird Black People : Practical Analyses and Approaches Project Black People Open Forum 13
1poetsought Black Poetry : Mass Consciousness Project Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
1poetsought Black Poetry : Project Runway Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
T Pan Africanism : Dam Project to Destroy Ancient Nubia African American History Culture 3
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Identifying present human incarnation The main project of Lord in Human form Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
M Zimbabwe : Ujamma Youth Farming Project Zimbabwe Zimbabwe 0
MANASIAC Brother's Only Chat : IT Project Results Black Men 1
MANASIAC Brother's Only Chat : Chess Project Results Black Men 1
Metaverse Black People : PROJECT: SHAKE UP THE WORLD. Black People Open Forum 12
MANASIAC Brother's Only Chat : Master Project List Black Men 38
MANASIAC Brother's Only Chat : Open Source Web Confernceing - Project Black Men 1