Black Spirituality Religion : The 12 Tribes : Are we even mentioned?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by blazejay, May 16, 2012.

1. blazejay

blazejay Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +165
    I got a question for you.
    Where in the bible was Africa is mention in it?
    I know about Ham and Cush, but are there anymore tribes of Africa mention?
    All they keep mention about the 12 tribes of Israel and Ishmael.
    I wonder beside the captivity of the Jews does it even shed light on African slavery?

2. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    Okay there are some key point here that need to be explained -

1.) Ethiopia was the ancient name that Mediterranean (Greeks) gave to all of Africa and Middle East (as we know it today) to South India - so in this sense - Africa was mention a great deal.
    2.) Based on the theory all black people of the planet came from Ham and Cush which means the whole of Africa and the Middle East as we know it today.
    3.) This is the most important point of all the points that I'm making here for you: The bible was for the Hebrews and Israelites exclusively - if you want to learn more about African history or Ethiopian ancient History then you have to find written material on it. There is information on the ancient Nok people of West Africa (commonly called Nigeria today), the Egyptians, and many more... The Hebrew or Israelites didn't care about anyone else - their objective was to write THEIR history for THEIR people and nobody else. Religions were formed from THEIR teachings (Judaism/Jews, Islam/Muslims and Christians/Romans) but outside of that it was the bible wasn't intended for anyone including Jews, and the rest.
    4.) The Captivity of the Hebrews or Israelites which ever suits you best were African slaves if you believe the story.

I hope that I was able to help you out.

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......You did a good job brotha.

Peace In,

4. blazejay

blazejay Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +165
    Thank You for shedding light on some of the things that I was lacking.
    I will read more so I have a better understanding.
    Again Thank you!!

5. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

I do not think that Ethiopia/Kush as mentioned in the Bible refers to the entirety of Africa and the Middle East. I say this because of the so-called Table of Nations first mentioned in the Book of Genesis.

Punt, Canaan, Mizraim, etc refer to what would be modern Somalia, Palestine and Egypt, and there are more.

It is true that the Greeks used "Ethiopia" much in the same way that we use Africa today, howere, biblically speaking Ethiopia=Kush.

I did not raise this in the other thread, but the "Queen of the South" rising in judgement not only referred to the Queen Makeda, but a dynasty of female rulers who would sit on the throne of Axum and/or Kush/Ethiopia at the time Iyesus Khristos.

In fact, one queen's rule began in the year 1 AD.

6. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382

There is also Kemetic history that states that it was they who wiped out the seed of Yisrael...so we have a choice concerning "if we want to play games with this or understand the reality that history dictates as being true".

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

.......Good addendum omowalejabali, in addition, we should know that Egypt and Ethiopia is in the heart of Africa, and that before the political map was created (Middle East or Far East), there was a North Africa, lol.

Peace In,

8. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Yes, a good addendum...and a matriarchal one at that !

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

.......Eve is not disputed as the Mother of all living.

Peace In,

10. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

I don't view everything and everyone within a framework of Kemet so on this particular topic I will stay closer to the Ethiopian/kush/Axumite tradition which was the only nation of people in that region which maintained the matriarchial system dating back to Makeda Nicaule while the others were ruled by competing priesthoods.

According to Ethiopian tradition their birth as a nation begins with Makeda's union with Solomman and the Beta Yisrael who accompanied Menelek back home to Axum.

The Biblical history that you and others refer as myth is largely the same which I refer more specifically as the Ethiopian Chronicles because everyone mentioned in the Bible is in one way or another related to Menelek, who himself is omitted.

My disputation with many Christian on this board is not against Christianity per se because I know it roots but because years ago I began basing my world view on the Ethiopian Chronicles rather that the queen James version.

It was in Ethiopia/Axum/Kush and Nubia that the worship of Auset/Isis continued until the conversion of Ezana who in turn established the Ethiopian Orthodox as a state religion.

However, in the first century AD it was an queen of Kush who ruled when Khrestos was born and the true Lion of Judah was worshiped at that time as Apademak, who was viewed as having primacy over the worship of Amun, while in Kemet Amun had been abandoned in favor of Jupiter, Apollo, Dionysus, etc.