Black Entertainment : The 10 Best Rappers of All Time

I usually try to stay out of Top Rap discussions. However, on this one I would agree mostly with this post with a few changes.

I gotta Cube in the 10 spot and move TI to honorable mention to which I add E40 and Eazy E for some west coast balance. I can't leave out no cats who created there own genre and and that note Paris and Immortal Technique gotta factor on the conscious lyrical content tip.

I find interesting your placement of DOC. Very much slept on. He was a ghostwriter who was way ahead of Dre and others credited with ushering that g-funk formula.

Of course I also would switch biggie and pac.

Rakim in his day had more flow than virtually all the rest combined he just sucked as a solo artist.

I could have had bunch of honorable mentions but since it was a top 10 list I think I went a little out of the scope of the topic enough and did not want to take it too far. I can respect almost anyone's list as not everyone has the exact same taste in anything.

As for the D.O.C., the man had my all time favorite album "No One Can Do It Better" which slightly edges out "It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back" by P.E. in my opinion. The D.O.C. would be #1 on the list if that accident he suffered did not essentially kill his vocal career.

peace

1. knowledge Reigns Supreme (my bx bias showing)
2. Jigga man (up to about 3 albums ago)
3. The 18th letter
4. Wise Intelligent
5. Big L.
5a. Bro. Info (LOL - yeah i said it)
6. L - Boogie (Lauryn Hill)
7. Bahamadia
8. Mellie Mel
9. Native Tongues (whole group if that's allowed)
10. Cormega
10a. Almighty Zig Zag Zig Allah (Az)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back