Rakim
Eminem
Kurtis Blow
p17656vh7ll.jpg
Whodini

p17500bis4q.jpg
Mobb Deep

I guess truely when it come to the best at the art it seem to stay the same
but with the new look in the game ......
B.I.G / Ice cube / lil wyane / K West / Twista / Busta / Drake / kurupt / Kool moe Dee
50 cent.........
But DRAKE is on a rise to pure greatness and should break into the top ten in a few more years

Jay Z and Pac will forever be the one /two rapper while eminem is deep he will never jump ova a few

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......A few newer ones added, preciate that Brother.

Peace In,

Jay-Z
2Pac
NAS
COMMON
Chuck D
LL Cool J
KRS One
Scareface
Rakim
Eminem
Kurtis Blow
p17656vh7ll.jpg
Whodini

p17500bis4q.jpg
Mobb Deep

I guess truely when it come to the best at the art it seem to stay the same
but with the new look in the game ......
B.I.G / Ice cube / lil wyane / K West / Twista / Busta / Drake / kurupt / Kool moe Dee
50 cent.........
But DRAKE is on a rise to pure greatness and should break into the top ten in a few more years

Jay Z and Pac will forever be the one /two rapper while eminem is deep he will never jump ova a few

For me, I do like messages but I admit entertainment has to be a big part. If I need to be educated I do not look towards music to do so, but you just cannot be on some low brow nursery rhyme ish either a.k.a "I could rock that on the mic myself without effort" ish. I guess there is a balance needed for me. Anyway, love it or hate my list is in order for me...

1. Rakim
2. D.O.C.
3. KRS-One
4. Chuck D
5. Biggie
6. Pac
7. Eminem
8. Jay-Z
9. Luda
10. T.I.

Honorable mentions would be Nas, Xzibit, and, Twista

For me, I do like messages but I admit entertainment has to be a big part. If I need to be educated I do not look towards music to do so, but you just cannot be on some low brow nursery rhyme ish either a.k.a "I could rock that on the mic myself without effort" ish. I guess there is a balance needed for me. Anyway, love it or hate my list is in order for me...

1. Rakim
2. D.O.C.
3. KRS-One
4. Chuck D
5. Biggie
6. Pac
7. Eminem
8. Jay-Z
9. Luda
10. T.I.

Honorable mentions would be Nas, Xzibit, and, Twista

I usually try to stay out of Top Rap discussions. However, on this one I would agree mostly with this post with a few changes.

I gotta Cube in the 10 spot and move TI to honorable mention to which I add E40 and Eazy E for some west coast balance. I can't leave out no cats who created there own genre and and that note Paris and Immortal Technique gotta factor on the conscious lyrical content tip.

I find interesting your placement of DOC. Very much slept on. He was a ghostwriter who was way ahead of Dre and others credited with ushering that g-funk formula.

Of course I also would switch biggie and pac.

Rakim in his day had more flow than virtually all the rest combined he just sucked as a solo artist.

I usually try to stay out of Top Rap discussions. However, on this one I would agree mostly with this post with a few changes.

I gotta Cube in the 10 spot and move TI to honorable mention to which I add E40 and Eazy E for some west coast balance. I can't leave out no cats who created there own genre and and that note Paris and Immortal Technique gotta factor on the conscious lyrical content tip.

I find interesting your placement of DOC. Very much slept on. He was a ghostwriter who was way ahead of Dre and others credited with ushering that g-funk formula.

Of course I also would switch biggie and pac.

Rakim in his day had more flow than virtually all the rest combined he just sucked as a solo artist.

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

........Like on everything else bro. omowalejabali, you sound authoritative on this subject; so what is your run-down on why LL Cool J and Cool Moe D don't fit in either category: Top or Honorable Mention.... I'm very curious about that.

Peace In,

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back