Black Spirituality Religion : ***THAT WHICH DOES NOT KILL YOU....***

SAMURAI36

BANNED
Mar 3, 2005
Bay Area
{NOTE: I am posting this in the Spiritual Section, not only because I think it's most appropriate given my situation, but also because this is where I spend the majority of my time on this site......My apologies if this is not the appropriate place for this message.}

It is said that "that which does not kill you, only makes you stronger"....

I am now forced to put that saying to the test.

On April 7th, 2005 I left my apartment for work that morning, and returned home that evening to find it, and the other apartments in my unit burned to the ground.

Conflicting stories have arisen, regarding the source of the fire (from faulty electrical wiring, to negligence on the part of one of the other tenants--possibly both?), however the result is the same....

The property managers of the apartment complex were kind enough to relocate 9 out of the 20 families that lived in the burned down unit (myself included), however many were not so lucky, as there were only so many vacant apartments in that complex at the time.

For the past couple of days, I have been at the mercy of close friends, coworkers, and members of the community, who have been kind enough to help me recuporate in my time of need.

I was able to retrieve a few of my belongings from the fire, but the majority of it is a total wash. I am only happy that I was not there at the time, and that all the families in the building at the time were able to escape unharmed.

Now, I will be spending the next month or so, coming to some life decisions, and gaining back my mental and spiritual bearings during the time of this loss.

Right now, aside from e-mail, I have only minimal means of communication, so I will only be able to respond periodically.

However, if anyone who receives this would like to contact me, or have me contact them, please reply with your info, and I'll be sure to get back with you.

To say the least, this is going to prove to be a rather trying time ahead for me, as I've never had to rely on anyone other than Self......But I've proven resilient and resourceful in the past, and I will do so again.

As it was said on the 6 MILLION DOLLAR MAN: "We can rebuild him......Bigger, stronger, faster, better...."

In the meantime, I ask that you all keep me in your thoughts and meditations.

SALAAM & HOTEP (Peace) be unto you all.....

SAM36, aka Shahiym Muhammad.

Shahiym@Hotmail.com

It is said that "that which does not kill you, only makes you stronger"....

This is a spritual based saying. Trials and tribulations test your faith. Stay strong and trust that God will provide and has provided in our lives.

For the past couple of days, I have been at the mercy of close friends, coworkers, and members of the community, who have been kind enough to help me recuporate in my time of need.

Thank God for those you have that are there for you in this time of need. Do not feel like a burden, they know you are independant. ( They don't mind helping and your not taking the support for granted. ) They hope and we are praying for you to get back on your feet soon.

Do you have relatives you can call or write and borrow ( get support donated ) from if needed?

Get a copy of the report from the fire marshal, and check it. If the wiring caused the fire you may be able to get reimbursed by the owner of the building. If a tenant caused the fire, the owner will certainly sue them. Use your heart and judgement to do this yourself. Carry apartment insurance ( renters insurance ) in the future. I did the whole time I lived in an apartment.

I find it so difficult to respond to situation such as this. I know nothing I can say will bring anything back. Anyhow, I still feel your lost and yes!; that which does not kill you will make you stronger. I truly believe that! I will ask the creator to watch over you and to help keep your spirit strong. You came to this spiritual forum with a bang! No! I mean with a mighty roar! your presence added more light to us as well. I will continue to look for you in the posts! The door is always open for you Brother! Get here when you can!

:grouphug: :blowkiss:

HODEE said:
Get a copy of the report from the fire marshal, and check it. If the wiring caused the fire you may be able to get reimbursed by the owner of the building. If a tenant caused the fire, the owner will certainly sue them. Use your heart and judgement to do this yourself. Carry apartment insurance ( renters insurance ) in the future. I did the whole time I lived in an apartment.

This is the info that I'm most interested in. Would you have any available information, as to how I can go about getting retribution in the event that either one was the culprit? Website links, or something of that nature?

Also, I had renter's insurance, but unfortunately I let it lapse...... :eek:oops:

I was intending to relocate to another state last year, and planned to reinstate my insurance once I moved....However, I had to keep postponing the move date, and I never re-up'd the insurance....

The irony of all of this is, I had been planning to move in the next month or so.

Anyways, if anybody has some pertinent info that they feel might be beneficial to my situation, please feel free to share it, either here, or in my given e-mail address.

PEACE

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back