Black People : Thanks to Street

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by AfroBoricuaRoni, Jul 13, 2004.

1. AfroBoricuaRoni

AfroBoricuaRoni Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +3
    John Street has a ton of critics. Personally, I'd like to thank the man for his effort in this city. He put more Blacks in office than there ever were before. He had neighborhood's cleaned, fixed up and then some. He's a successful Black man who has made his mark and I'm proud of the guy.

No, he didn't do this great, big, spectacular thing in Philadelphia but he's done things that no one cared to even think about doing. I will never forget that speech he gave at a Take Your Daughters to Work Day ceremony years ago. He inspired many, including myself.

What most hold Street upto are not priorities that one person can handle, in office or out. They are community efforts. Can't complain about trashy neighborhood's when you put the trash there.

There is no ideal leader. No one is perfect. Even if he was, there'd always be someone to dig deep until they discover a fault.

I think many of Street's critics will notice his achievements once he's out of office and there's someone else taking this city in a turn for the worst.

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    hopefully, we can agree to disagree

3. AfroBoricuaRoni

AfroBoricuaRoni Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +3