Black People : "THANKS - TAKING" Fast

info-moetry

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 20, 2004
The rotten Apple
Occupation
A+ technician
peace

I will be fasting from Sun-up to Sun-down on Thursday the 26th.......as i do every year!

I do it as a sign to our Native brothers and sisters that some of us have not forgotten about what this Day truly represents...

Some of us know the reason they even serve Turkey on this day is because of the murder of the 6,000 or so Turkish Moors who rejected Christianity so Queen Isabella gave orders to have them killed......

I invite any all who can to fast with me. You don't have to drink water alone, some may choose not even to drink water or some may choose to drink juice. The point is too take your minds back at least for this one day and study what this day is really about......I mean i would hope our Native brothers and sisters don't celebrate our enslavement!!

Don't you?

Power Equality the All C's Everything

peace

I will be fasting from Sun-up to Sun-down on Thursday the 26th.......as i do every year!

I do it as a sign to our Native brothers and sisters that some of us have not forgotten about what this Day truly represents...

Some of us know the reason they even serve Turkey on this day is because of the murder of the 6,000 or so Turkish Moors who rejected Christianity so Queen Isabella gave orders to have them killed......

I invite any all who can to fast with me. You don't have to drink water alone, some may choose not even to drink water or some may choose to drink juice. The point is too take your minds back at least for this one day and study what this day is really about......I mean i would hope our Native brothers and sisters don't celebrate our enslavement!!

Don't you?

^5 !! I truly applaud you !! If we don't stand for something we will fall for anything"

I think Malcolm X said that !!!

You know, years ago. We ate what they served because we didn't know any better. Now, we know better.......................

Aint no way, I would follow that tradition KNOWING what they did.
Excellent way of honoring us !!

Please know that the Moors was us. And the Native americans were us !! They are still our people !!

Forgive, Yes. I have too. As not to allow it to be too consuming of me. Forget !!! Hell , to the nawwwwwwwwwww !!

I'm human. And that's exactly what they want us to do. History teaches us many things. Mostly not to make repeated mistakes. Our people was clever , the had compassion , honor and love. They wasn't perfect but they certainly wasn't barbaric.

Excellent idea !!! And perhaps next year, We will borrow and practice that honorary tradition !! Thank you for sharing and for thinking out the box !!!

peace

Don't you?

I like it and it is timely and of the utmost spiritual and political importance, but it leaves out the masses of our people.
If this was something planned in January and posted across the nation and allowed to grow from seed the ay Kwanzaa was attempted to be spread, I could understand that but there realy are few times that Black families get together on any large scale, and in my opinion, yes do fast and promote others to do the same, in reverance to those who walked this hemisphere before us and were exterminted,
but after the fast, it would be good to visit family at thier feasts, after the meal,
and try to inculcate ideas of Black nationalism unity and progress to ones peer group cousins, and the youth as well as questioning the elders regarding their precious wisdom before they make thier transition

peace

Don't you?

this is a great idea......I've never thought about fasting....I will do it on Thursday.

I like it and it is timely and of the utmost spiritual and political importance, but it leaves out the masses of our people.
If this was something planned in January and posted across the nation and allowed to grow from seed the ay Kwanzaa was attempted to be spread, I could understand that but there realy are few times that Black families get together on any large scale, and in my opinion, yes do fast and promote others to do the same, in reverance to those who walked this hemisphere before us and were exterminted,
but after the fast, it would be good to visit family at thier feasts, after the meal,
and try to inculcate ideas of Black nationalism unity and progress to ones peer group cousins, and the youth as well as questioning the elders regarding their precious wisdom before they make thier transition

peace

I overstand your spirit, but we must take into account that many have never even thought of fasting so that is the first step.....the 2nd & 3rd step would be to study and get the truth of this Holi(y) day ...a great reference would be "afrikans and european holidays book 1 & 2" by Dr. Ishakamusa Barashango...

after this is done then most will be on the "level" you are suggesting....

as for myself, i am already there and have been for years. On this day while i am fasting with my son, we get up early and go ice skating at Rockafeller Center, come home change go to which ever family member is hosting that year and as soon as we walk thru the door most of my family goes "ahhhhh isshhh, it's on now hide the pork and pull up a seat cause it's time for a lesson" .........lol

It's to the point that i don't even start in with them, they now come at me with all types of questions about all holi(y) days and ways for self-improvement and of course i always begin with one's health and natural ways to maintain it.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back