Black People : Thank You Family for Interacting So Respectfully

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, May 18, 2011.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Peace and Blessings Yall ... :)

Thank you for interacting so respectfully, for helping to provide this example to our children, of us doing this ... Thank You!

I know it's not always easy to do. We all bring our own personal experiences, perspectives, opinions, etc., to the table ... only to run into a Sister or Brother that thinks the complete opposite! We're such a passionate people, and that is all it takes sometimes, a little bit of opposition ... and it's on!

The vast majority of you demonstrate great resolve by staying focused on your points, not making the discussions personal, and i am honored.

I spend most of my time fussing at the few that can't easily do this, rarely speaking to the vast majority that do.

Well ... this one's for you ... THE VAST MAJORITY ... :toast: :toast: :toast:

Thank You !!! ... :grouphug:

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

2. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    That's because there's a saying that goes something like "doing right is its own reward". I would hope that those who do & act with restraint and courtesy do so just because.
    I'm sure Sister Destee that those who you have directed your compliment towards appreciate it, but also would have continued to do so without the acknowledgment. If anything, it just shows your true character.

Hair and all. :em2300:

3. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Shouldn't it be though? Opposition shouldn't say automatic disrespect. :cry:

But, that's not everyone, like how you state. :)

4. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503

I believe we are all learning and getting on better with each other here. I have found that the topics are lively and are evoking a lot of discussion.. I think this is good.. Once we are civil to each other and not personalise the issues, all will be well.

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

Yes Brother Kamau ... those who abide by the rules without me asking them to do that, would do it without this little thanks i'm giving them ... but i find myself so often speaking to and engaging with those that break the rules, that i hardly ever hear myself speaking to those that do not break the rules ... the amount of energy that goes to the violators is much greater than that which goes to those who abide ... it's so unfair ... or at least, so unequal ... so every now and then i gotta remember to say thanks ... to give some love ... to those who rarely get any of my attention ... because they're not acting ugly.

But you're right ... yall would be sweet and wonderful ... even if i never said a word ... :love:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY USSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!! ... Love You! ... :grouphug:

Destee

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

On the surface it does seem that it would be easy ... but it isn't always easy.

I don't find it easy to do always. I struggle with it sometimes my own self.

Nope ... it aint always easy ... but nobody said it would be ... :wink:

Love You!

Destee

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

Yes ... after 16 years ... it is better and good ... and if history is an indicator ... it'll get even better!

Yes Yes Yes Sister! :)

Love You!

Destee