Black People : Thank God and Greyhound I'm Gone

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by river, Feb 24, 2005.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Panafrica! Everybody! I am free from that mad marriage. I ran away on January the 25 but went to visit some family in D.C. and NY for a few weeks and just got settled in with my computer hooked up. I was able to pack without interference because he didn't believe I was actually leaving him but thought he was calling my bluff. I'm like yeah keep thinking that. While I was packing he asked me why I was leaving him. I said because I am tired of the abuse and the arguments. Just tired tired. He said but baby that's just what I'm saying. All of that's going to stop. I said I know it's going to stop because I'm getting out of here. My cousin called the police and I called a cab. They both came at te same time. Beautiful. I am so happy.

Can't wait to get back wicha'll.

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    happy u safe and way from the mentally and physical abuse
    sorry u had to go through such harmful journey in life but do
    stay strong , head up and move forward hold no anger or regrets
    peace unto u sista River......

3. soulfulmixx

soulfulmixx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    * cant stop my eyes from watering...*
    :geek: Sista river... i am so happy for u u have no idea.. so many and i mean many woman are still in your previous situation and see no hope no light... lets praise the Most High for your break through... for clarity... for his/her grace and endearing mercy... it took strength and courage to do what u did.. and u did it girl... peace and happiness await u.. wow this hits home.. friends close to me whom have been thru it.. and those i see at work...its very heart wrenching.. but when kids are invovled whew thats when i break down i kno a situation like that is difficult to say the lease but many dont think about the children if nothing else.. well anywhoo again sista im so very happy for u.. u will however have sad days angry days and confusing days while your healing,, please pray for strength please ....be strong dont be drawn back into that or any situation thats shows warning signs again or that you can feel in your spirit that something isn't right.. remmeber talk is cheap its all by ones actions .. and thats the real... ;) dont rush into nothing sista ... enjoy your life... find "U" again.. explore with caution and renew your soul
    much love for claiming your life back... much respect to u for choosing to live--and live TRULY!!
    *big hug sista girl* :toast:

4. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    MIxed Emotions

What does one say other than thank God for giving you the strength and the courage to have the conviction to leave. It brings joy to my heart to see that you no longer in a toxic relationship but at the same time it saddens me to see another black family fall by the side of road. I ask that you pray for yourself and interceed for your ex as well. Though if you never see him may be too soon still pray that he is delivered from the spirits that are making him less then the man God intended for him to be. If there are children involved pray that he can be the father that your children need. Pray that his inadequacies as a man be replaced with the guidence of the Holy Spirit. I pray that you stay grounded in faith and that God continue to bring you joy in the morning. Life will go on sister. Continue to serve God.

Peace & Love

Radical Faith

5. Nita

Nita Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    youth volunteer
    Ratings:
    +17
    wow

and I was just thinking yesterday I havn't seen you in a minute and was wondering how you were. I am so glad that you had the courage to love and respect yourself and put an end to the abuse. Stay strong my sister and like a river you just keep on flowing. Peace

6. soulfulmixx

soulfulmixx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    after being in such a tragic situation.. one can't fathom praying for one that has violated them "UNTIL" healing has taking place within the one victimized...think about it?** however if someone has done one significatly wrong and one is still able to pray for them fairly quickly- i say hey all praises to the Most High.. many are not however able to do that and there are stages of healing that one hurt needs to go thru to reach certain levels in self-restoration...

again sista river it starts with u.. u made the 1st important step.. yes it saddens me as well another black family disturbed by abuse.. TRUST ME!! but sista river u did what needed to be done.. what a wonderful place it would be if/when u get to the point u can pray for the one that has hurt u so.. im speaking for myself on certain instances as well...reclaim your life and get in touch with the most high and develop that one on one which is needed for true healing to begin once your spirit is truly led..begin to pray on those that violated your exsistance...that is an important step/process as well..
    peace and strength on your journey
    soulfulmix:hearts4:

7. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Sister River, you have no idea how happy I am to hear this news! I have been worried about you since giving a description of an abusive marriage, then disappearing shortly afterwards. I would like to say that I am very proud of you! It took a tremendous amount of courage to leave the situation you were in. Your return and new direction in life is most welcome. I look forward to conversing with you once again!

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    GOOD LUCK!

9. Akilah

Akilah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Scheduling Coordinator for large Health System
    Ratings:
    +36
    You are more than a conqueror !!!

GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU SISTER RIVER :grouphug: !!!

Much
    Peace & Love
    Akilah :star:

10. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    My Dear Sista River

May GOD be with you.