Black People : Tha HookupMan

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Unsolicited negative critiques of poetry in this community go against our Poetic Etiquette Rules.

Please read / review them and refrain from doing this.

Thank You.

:heart:

Destee

2. THA HOOKUPMAN

THA HOOKUPMAN Banned MEMBER

FRRE THINKER
    Ratings:
    +17
    mmmmm

how can any one grow destee if all we hear is ...i love it or great job......why cant the mods help teach help some of the poets in here ...it would make poets want to stay in here ...the love shown is great but how do u grow if u dont know what your doing is not that good...im not the best and there many on this forum that i learn from ....if i said anything that hurt anyone that was not what i was trying to do...i just feel like its a lil fake to read some of the things and say nice things cause we family...if i say i like a piece its true...but if thats against the rules then ok....i will say noting as the rules state...hookup

3. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    Correct me if I am wrong, but the mods aren't here to teach other poets how to flow. They are here to keep the peace, share poetry and love. Mods aren't chosen on their ability to critique. If a poem doesn't move me as a piece of art, I will comment on how it made me feel otherwise. If I can't think of something positive that the poem elicits, then I don't say anything. I know what you're saying Hookupman, but many think of this forum as a refuge, a haven away from the harshness felt from the outside world. Peace to you, I really do love your flows.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother Hookup ... i understand how you feel and believe that there are some positive things that could come from providing an avenue where poets could be openly / fully critiqued regarding the work they share. This topic has been discussed many times over the years, even recently. If we are able to come up with a way to do it, while maintaining the very high levels of respect and regard we have for every Member's contribution, you may be seeing some additions or changes soon.

In the meantime, you cannot post unsolicited, negative critiques of the poetry shared here. It is not allowed. While we try to provide a community for as many as possible to feel comfortable, relaxed, etc., we recognize that we will not be able to please everyone.

If you'd like to be an integral part of the decision making process in this community, please Become a Premium Member. We are currently discussing ways on how to provide writing workshops, etc., for the Family in the Private Premium Members Forum.

By becoming a Premium Member you help to financially sustain the very community you'd like to see grow, and it certainly needs the help of all the poets.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

:heart:

Destee