Black People : Texas Tech DB punches Women's Basketball player

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by shaka64, Jul 17, 2014.

1. shaka64

shaka64 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Photographer
    Ratings:
    +956
  2. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    This is a tuffy..That pole is in the way but it does look like she did what she said.

But com'on..there was another way to handle this. Also, if this was some bench warmer...this would not even been a story.

Also, this comment says it all, reinstate him, and drop it, or we step.

What I also see is that they don't give a ish if we brutalize our own...just since we run up and down the court/field for them.

Peace!

3. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,128
    Looks like self defense to me. Now I know the 'you NEVER hit girls' crowd wont like this. But she struck the 1st blow

4. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    I'm in agreement, I told my wife...I don't hit you, and you don't hit me. And women licks do hurt, but like I said, if he was a bench warmer/last man picked...it would not even be a story.
    At least she told the truth, and took responsibility. But all that ying yang at the end from his lawyer make us seem like we are cattle (for lack of a better word) something to be bargain with, or sold to the highest bidder.

Peace!

5. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    I just looked at the vid again...yeah..she cracked, and cracked good. I guess she didn't like being tied up..But if that is the case...don't go where the buffalo roam...shoot hoops with the girls..

Peace!

6. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,128

If you poke a lion in the eye with a sharp stick, you will get mauled

7. Dreya

Dreya Well-Known Member MEMBER

Applied computer arts
    Ratings:
    +312
    ok - so starting things off was a way bad move - but self defence??!! you gotts be kiddin right - i mean from what i saw on that pretty low qual clip he just right hooked her right in the face - i mean geez the guys a footballer - with that kinda strength you could darn near kill someone - if i lose my temper with a guy and say kick him in the shin (maybes for using that b**ch word) does that give him the right to try and put me in a hospital - least the guy needs is some anger management classes

8. Deacs

Deacs Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +567
    it was mutual combat... both should be suspended off team for a period of time.
    It doesn't matter the size of the combatants, what matters is that they were both combatants.

Equality is exactly as this. The excuses one makes to alleviate the actions of one in an attempt to defer to size, to sex, to capacity towards violence, or to create a dialogue for possible reason why acts that way are bias to that reasoning, which is inequality and the antiquated mindset.

9. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    She admitted to starting the "trade-off", and felt bad that what she did resulted in a retaliation which caused her to need surgery on her face, and have a blue chip athlete kicked off the team.

But if this had been a male team mate, and his face was damaged after a "trade-off", I think the result would have been the same.

I just don't think he would have punched another male team mate like that, which makes me think he might have "emotional" issues when it comes to women, or may have had previous issues with her.

She shoves him, he punches her in the face... not really an even-trade, but when some men (women as well) feel they can impose their power over someone, it makes them feel emotionally gitty when they can finally release some built up stuff.

Reminds me of this

Better angle

Then she played the innocent victim afterwards:

And then there is this one:

Let them jump over the counter and whoop ya butt, then call the police afterwards, is the suggestion here.

*shrug*

Not sure what the lesson from this could be, but the observation is interesting enough.

10. Dreya

Dreya Well-Known Member MEMBER

Applied computer arts
    Ratings:
    +312
    so if all thats important is that they was both combatants and theres no restriction at all goin on here then surely it would have been aok if the dude had just pulled a piece and shot her - i mean she asked for it dint she - goin round pushin guys - anyone oughta no thats gonna lead to you havin a tag round your toe.... come on you gotta have some reality here - no guy in his right mind up and punches a girl in the face hard enough for her to need surgery just cause he was pushed - im not for ruinin the guys life or nothing - but this guy has issues that need fixin