Black People : Texas Board Of Education Tried To Keep Word 'Slave' Out Of 'Slave Trade'

I actually consider myself pretty conservative, but how can you keep the work slave out of the slave trade???????

Doesn't make sense to me

The same way that southern education system, at a time, kept the 'white on
white' beef around 1863, from being taught as "the civil war", opting for "the
war of northern aggression".
...By political will.

Are the Yorubas protesting this in Texas and Arizona?
What does it take for us to say enough is enough?

We don't see a pattern here from Arizona to Texas to charter schools run by white supremist ant union goon squads that keep their klan hoods in the trunck of their 5th Lexus?

Texas Board Of Education Tried To Keep Word 'Slave' Out Of 'Slave Trade'

AUSTIN, Texas — A push by conservatives to put their ideological stamp on how a host of political events and figures will be taught to schoolchildren in Texas and beyond for the next decade was reaching its final showdown Friday.

The State Board of Education was set to vote on a social studies and history curriculum that will be used to teach some 4.8 million Texas students for the next 10 years. The partisan board has amended or watered down the teaching of the civil rights movement, slavery, America's relationship with the U.N. and hundreds of other items.

The standards also will be used by textbook publishers who often develop materials for other states based on those approved in Texas, although teachers in the Lone Star state have latitude in deciding which material to teach.

(for more information)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/21/texas-board-of-education-_n_584697.html

This story burns me up. :flame:
As if our history hasn't been distorted enough already. They've pretty much reduced slavery to being an involuntary vacation. How come when I saw the parents protesting this on the news they were all white? Where were the black parents? What's it going to take for us to wake up and see what's really going on in this country right now?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back