Science and Technology : Test Your Firewall

Thank you Brother anAfrican ... i did the leak test and it said my firewall is doing what it is suppose to. I am using Norton's Personal Firewall ... but from browsing that site, they didn't seem to have anything good to say about this product. I got the impression that the text was dated, and probably referencing older versions of this software.

Anyway ... it was kewl seeing that my firewall is doing what it's suppose to.

It was kinda scary executing leak test ... as it was my first time to this site ... but they seem well established and certainly provide lots of information regarding firewalls ... even a newsgroup you can join ... so i cast caution to the wind ... and let it execute! :eeek:

Here's a direct link to the leak test page.

Great information.

Thanks.

:heart:

Destee

Destee said:
Thank you Brother anAfrican ... i did the leak test and it said my firewall is doing what it is suppose to. I am using Norton's Personal Firewall ... but from browsing that site, they didn't seem to have anything good to say about this product. I got the impression that the text was dated, and probably referencing older versions of this software.
Actually, a lot of people don't like some of Norton's products because of miscellaneous issues with them. But, regardless of the quality of their software, the only real firewall is a standalone hardware firewall. Software firewalls are only as good as the operating system allows them to be, and since Windows is known to be buggy, software firewalls can only do so much. For example, if you catch the wrong virus, it could possibly poke a hole in (or completely disable) your firewall, allowing other bad things to happen. Hardware firewalls don't suffer from that affliction. I take it one step further by using a standalone computer (running Linux) as the firewall for my home network.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back