Pan-Africanism : Tensions Increase Between US-Born African Americans and Black Immigrants

Brotha PanAfrica,

I did not say that all Africans believe that black americans are not authentic Africans, but a critical mass of them do,so whether or not you have thorough overstanding and knowledge of the different cultures, like I do, or if you couldn't find Africa on a map. The facts speak for themselves.

You may envision African americans raising the standard of living in the motherland by creating and improving the infrastructure et al, however these very same problems exist in states like Mississippi and Georgia. I think we need to address those injustices first.

With all the African professionals in Europe and America, it would seem to me the challenge would be for them to bring their expertise back to home to their respective nations.

Your point that Africa is fertile ground for investing of black american dollars, how about blacks first supporting black business hear in this country first. We generate over 600 billion dollars a year into this economy, but how much of that goes into supporting and creating business in our own backyard? less than 10%. That's ridiculous

So in short I have to respectfully disagree with you. We need to do more to lift ourselves up at home, then we can reach out to the Motherland. I reiterate, let us not let Africans born on the continent, but in the diaspora off the hook, they have the intellectual and monetary capital to do more for the motherland.

Sekhemu has raised so very valid points. Let Africans take care of Africa.
While I would like to reiterate that I wish none in the "diaspora" any harm; I hope that they can soon heal...my trouble comes with some of their attitudes and ignorances. I could fall back on that tired edict that this is all because of what Whites have done. .. I have trouble with that... Maybe I am wrong, but to me it seems like an ignorance.

I mean, didn't We grow up in tarzan movies...and were inundated with the propaganda that Africa and Africans were from the jungles, that they something on level with Animals. I know what messages those images were supposed to send: To Us- Be thankful N- We saved your savage *** look at them monkeys acting like animals and hanging from trees. To Them- Be thankful N- We are over here trying to tame you; make you more human.

But did We believe that? Nope. I grew up in the community feeling that We were of kings and queens; loving people; righteous people... the same blind romance-- It was only in meeting some of them, and understanding what some of them were about; and from learning history.... that I came to the conclusion...

I owe my love and my allegiance to those who were sold and traded...souls on a foreign and hostile land. I owe my allegiance and love to them who made it through the heinous and savage crime that was slavery... who made it through slavery's child ... jim crow... who live, breath and make it through everyday... from j. crow's offspring... racism, discrimination... helped up by, and kept in place- by all my so-called "people of color" brothers and sisters...including many Africans. I am too selfish to just give my love to anyone-- look around haven't We did that enough? They say true love does not require reciprocation--- that may be true--- but survival does.

I will survive; and I will do whatever I have to to make sure African-Americans do to.

"But did We believe that? Nope. I grew up in the community feeling that We were of kings and queens; loving people; righteous people... the same blind romance-- It was only in meeting some of them, and understanding what some of them were about; and from learning history.... that I came to the conclusion... "

Wow, I am shocked that my people of Afrakan descent would say such negative things about our Afrakan people of the diaspora in this day and time.

I am going to try to keep this as positive as I can!

First of all, what community did you grow up in, because me and friends absolutely believed those Tarzan movies and many of our people still believe AFraka is a land of savages and AIDS.

How were we to know, no one taught us anything positive about Afraka, we didn't know what an Afrakan king and queen was.

What is this charity begins at home philosophy when it fact Afraka is our also our home, to some of us, more so than amerikkka. Not all Afrakans or most Afrakans for that matter participated in our demise during the enslavememt of our ancestors.

The idea that we do not have a connection to AFraka falls right into the lap of Willie Lynch.

Why can't we play a role in the development of AFraka, being disconnected does not benefit us in the least. If anything it makes us hopeless because if you think for one minute that these people are going give us freedom, justice and equality you are sadly mistaken. 50 years from now we will be in exact same place. Look at the Urban League Statistics of Black amerikkka. we are as bad off as were were in the early nineteen 60's if not worse. We are our 2 parent family households these days? Will Black men exist 50 years from now let alone marriage.

I'm trying to figure out where do you live, because were I live, Black youth are so disenfranchised, so self-hating and destructive, so mis-educated and guess what according to Dr. Claud Anderson in "Black Labor White Wealth", in 1964 we had 103 politicians, we now have 8000 and we ain't not much better off than we were in 1964. Unemployment is high as hell, discrimination is rampart, mis-education is in full force, "leave no child behind" is literally killing our children.

I would like to ask the question, if not AFraka then where? Where do we go from here? OUr ancestors longed for their motherland, longed to go home and some of us are dissing the very beginning of our existence. OUR MOTHER!

By giving your love to Afrakan people regardless to where they are from, you are giving love to yourself. They are you and you are they. True they may not know this, but that is not a reason not to love them. They are just as colonized and self-hating as we are.

Why should europeans, asians and everybody else rape MOther Afraka and we sit here in amerikkka talking about we don't care about AFrakan let them take care of their own problems.

Please please do your homework. AFraka supports the world, through its minerals, oil, and so many of its resources I can't spend all day telling you what they are. I will leave that up to you.

Let us form relationships with our mother as soon as we can, time is a wasting!

PDIAN

Sure, I can tell you where I live... in Reality.

No one is doubting that or even arguing the point of Our African Heritage.

There is nothing wrong with my thinking. I have spelled out my thinking on the subject.

Your question is if not Africa, then where? How about where YOU live; how about those African-American kids you know who are miseducated and distructive?

When did any Africans, Haitians, Trinidadians or any other "Black" people ever give a **** about them? What help? What tears?

I am not you or your friends? Just because you believed in stereotypes and the like; what did that have to do with me; and my environment?

When I was coming along; We cared about each other; education was key; etc... What you and yours believe have nothing to do with me or my thinking.

I only have to fight to love my people. That is owed by each of Us. If you do not think that, then that is okay, for you...

Africa is what Africa is, and there is nothing that it ever gave me or mine... but you go, and I hope that you find what you are looking for; but I for one, will not be romanticizing it anymore or ever again...nor am I going to give up my birthright to the country that my Fore parent's loss blood and a lot more for; especially not to people complicit in this heinous crime where the reprocussions are still being felt.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back