Black Christians : Tennessee House votes to make Bible official state book

IMO, this would be the first step in saying that you have to live "your" life according to how I (the supporters of this measure) see it. Why can't they let those that want to be believe do so, and those that don't do so? Who, and what says that ther way is the right way? And lets be honest, looking at the recent events concerning the few that preach the word, IMO are in no position to point the finger of immorality at anyone.

No one, not even believers can live their life according to the bible if they didn't cherry pick.

This is why I said that this is a slippery slope:
Arizona lawmaker wants church attendance to be mandatory

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...church-attendance-mandatory-article-1.2164602

Now, ask yourself; what is the penalty for not going? You have a family, and you need extra money to help ends meet, so you work on a Sunday, is it right you should be criminalized for looking out for your family?

So we have (2) actions dealing with trying to shoehorn people into religion. So what will be next?

Peace!

Rather than approaching this from a "study" angle, I'll just be brief and add that the measure failed on votes, bro. Enki. It may come up again next year, but for now, it got derailed.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back