Black Relationships : Ten Reasons Men don't get married...

Originally posted by Regina
Also, Kem is right...women are too easy these days. Sometimes when a man propositions a woman, he wants her to say no. It tells him a lot about that woman. Let's face it. If a woman sleeps with a man on the first date, he is going to think she sleeps with every man on the first date.

This is a broad statement that might generally apply to SOME men and women but certainly not all. Repeatedly I have to point out that posters should be careful not to over-generalize their comments if they expect them to be taken seriously.

and while some men most probably do think that a woman who sleeps with them on the first date is "easy"..a woman might also think that same man is nothing but a sleaze for asking or expecting or accepting that she sleep with him on the first date..let's face that possibility too..

It does take two doesn't it? Women are not the dregs of the earth and men are not the mindless and innocent idiots that some people tend to frequently portray them to be. But it does keep the conversation flowing. . .

NNQueen...

like all things in life there is good and bad....

it's a bit unrealistic to put all women or all men into one group..

sure there are women like Kem continually describes, out there, but there will most likely to be a balance of men who are their equal version out there too...

and as for any woman being "easy" or any man being a "dawg", as far as I'm concerned it's a matter of opinion....we all don't see through the same eyes...what a boring old world it would be if we did....

and if we get down to the bottom line, the only person who knows why a man isn't getting married/doesn't want to get married is the man himself...the rest is just speculation...

K

Kitana you're preaching that sermon to the choir because I most definitely agree with you. I don't have any problem entertaining BOTH sides to a situation when it comes to male/female relationships. I'm not as tunneled visioned as a couple of my adversaries like to think. But I do take issue with gross misrepresentation of people.

So again, I believe you and I are in agreement, even though to varying degrees. You wrote that "it's a bit unrealistic to put all women or all men into one group." I see it as gross negligence and irresponsible behavior to write that way. I've studied earlier threads posted here prior to me coming a few months ago and I've noticed a dangerous pattern. From the looks of many comments, like you, others have noticed it as well.

People come here not only to write but also to read and that provides opportunities to exchange ideas and to learn. We can have fun but I also think we should take what we write seriously. The very people some of us here claim we want to "help" might be reading this material. We should always be mindful of that so that we don't mislead our readers that take everything written here as "truth."

But once we get past that "hiccup", I think we'll have much more interesting and lively discussions/debates on the issues and not personalities. Well, there's always hope! :D

Thanks for the discourse Kitana! As usual, it's a pleasure. . . :toast:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back